Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1315645080' post='2797952']
Not that it matters because sanctions are a fact of life for nuclear rogues and you're going to just have to come to grips with that, but the senator who sanctioned you is MikeTheFirst (Non Grata's senator, not ours.) To verify that you can check the sanctions list under World Statistics and Tools.
[/quote]
Then I apologize for what I said about ODN in the other thread and saying that you guys were supporting them. Sorry for that.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315645209' post='2797955']
Then I apologize for what I said about ODN in the other thread and saying that you guys were supporting them. Sorry for that.
[/quote]

YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD BE BURNED.

*Oh it seems you didn't support Non Grata* ODN, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, I WAS JUST JOKING.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1315652120' post='2797973']
YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD BE BURNED.

*Oh it seems you didn't support Non Grata* ODN, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, I WAS JUST JOKING.
[/quote]
I just apologized for comments made based on me incorrectly thinking they sanctioned me, I'm not saying they are great or anything. :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315652308' post='2797975']
I just apologized for comments made based on me incorrectly thinking they sanctioned me, I'm not saying they are great or anything. :P
[/quote]

Maybe you should do some investigation before running your mouth. Although that seems to be a common problem in the lands of Methrage.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1315652571' post='2797978']
Maybe you should do some investigation before running your mouth. Although that seems to be a common problem in the lands of Methrage.
[/quote]
Maybe you guys should do some investigation before attacking small alliances, then we wouldn't be having this war. Although that seems to be a common problem among you tech raiding alliances.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315652636' post='2797979']
Maybe you guys should do some investigation before attacking small alliances, then we wouldn't be having this war. Although that seems to be a common problem among you tech raiding alliances.
[/quote]

That is actually a true statement. Seems miracles do happen.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1315633053' post='2797875']
Nice thought with the topic, problem is people that are clueless enough to send cash to a rogue, probably are also too clueless to read the OWF.

From this point forward I will go out of my way to buy tech from people your alliance is at war with. When you complain about it, I shall link you this post. Sound good?
[/quote]

Sounds perfect because I know it's just an empty idle threat

But nice try to flex nuts

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1315628891' post='2797818']
I'll have to try and instigate a test for this line of thought; i'm sure there are more than a few gents who would feign ignorance of clearly defined protocols and raid MXCA.
[/quote]

You can't even get the alliance name right so why should I worry?

It will be interesting to see what precedent Non Grata's actions set for alliances getting declared on because one of their members does a tech deal with an alliance or nation someone considers themselves to be at war with. Will the community accept this new standard being set by Non Grata that they have a good CB to attack anyone who does a tech deal with a nation or alliance they consider themselves to be at war with? Most alliances don't make sure their members halt all tech deals whenever their alliance is at war, so its actually very common for alliances or individuals to tech deal with uninvolved alliances as they fight. I don't think I've ever been in an alliance who stops all tech dealing until whatever wars they get into are peaced out.

Also with alliances like Non Grata, they don't need reason to attack small alliances, so looking at someones war screen with Non Grata attacks on it could just as easily be Non Grata 'tech raiding' someone for fun and without being provoked.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315661208' post='2798023']
It will be interesting to see what precedent Non Grata's actions set for alliances getting declared on because one of their members does a tech deal with an alliance or nation someone considers themselves to be at war with. Will the community accept this new standard being set by Non Grata that they have a good CB to attack anyone who does a tech deal with a nation or alliance they consider themselves to be at war with? Most alliances don't make sure their members halt all tech deals whenever their alliance is at war, so its actually very common for alliances or individuals to tech deal with uninvolved alliances as they fight. I don't think I've ever been in an alliance who stops all tech dealing until whatever wars they get into are peaced out.

Also with alliances like Non Grata, they don't need reason to attack small alliances, so looking at someones war screen with Non Grata attacks on it could just as easily be Non Grata 'tech raiding' someone for fun and without being provoked.
[/quote]

Actually we offered very simple monetary reparations for anyone before attacking. It was not our first reflex to attack. The first time you attacked us we called it a mistake on the tech dealers part and ignored it, passing it off as a bout of ignorance of your situation. The second time when it became a pattern we got a bit angrier and decided that it was happening with too alarming a frequency.

Stop exaggerating this.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1315660409' post='2798020']
NG, did you just tag in for GOONS? I haven't heard from those guys in awhile and you're all doing the same stuff on the OWF as them. Conspiracy?
[/quote]
Can you clarify this? I'm missing how defending your alliance against rogues and expecting alliances whose nations aid said rogues while in a time of war to pay reparations is something to be ashamed of. Or was that one of the legacies of the ebil GOONS 1.0?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1315663187' post='2798033']
Actually we offered very simple monetary reparations for anyone before attacking. It was not our first reflex to attack. The first time you attacked us we called it a mistake on the tech dealers part and ignored it, passing it off as a bout of ignorance of your situation. The second time when it became a pattern we got a bit angrier and decided that it was happening with too alarming a frequency.

Stop exaggerating this.
[/quote]
You guys attacking my new alliance shortly after we finished our first war should of made you expect retaliation from me, regardless of whether most of the alliance was afraid to retaliate, since I wasn't afraid to fight back. Me peaceing out with you guys was not me giving you guys permission to attack members of the same alliance and walk all over me without any retaliation. Also you guys attacked me the first time, over a harmless spy op on someone in your alliance. You guys actually declared war on someone in the same alliance shortly after we had seemingly agreed on peace.

You guys brought this second war upon yourselves because of your aggressive action. You guys are either to dumb to check who's in an alliance before attacking or intentionally restarted hostilities with me by attacking my new alliance right after I join.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1315663595' post='2798038']
Can you clarify this? I'm missing how defending your alliance against rogues and expecting alliances whose nations aid said rogues while in a time of war to pay reparations is something to be ashamed of. Or was that one of the legacies of the ebil GOONS 1.0?
[/quote]

Apparently the only alliances that take decisive stands against rogues like Methrage are you and us. B-)

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1315658941' post='2798012']
You can't even get the alliance name right so why should I worry?
[/quote]

I'm sorry, how does him making a type-o render the point he's making irrelevant? oO

The entire avenue created by this sub-argument is somewhat interesting, it'd be a waste to have it waived off by a rather crude ad hominem.

Edited by Beau Vine

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315663657' post='2798039']
You guys brought this second war upon yourselves because of your aggressive action. You guys are either to dumb to check who's in an alliance before attacking or intentionally restarted hostilities with me by attacking my new alliance right after I join.
[/quote]

And you were dumb enough to declare yourself the authority of MAD and try to declare war on our entire alliance. What is with you and trying to get innocents stomped?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1315664670' post='2798043']
And you were dumb enough to declare yourself the authority of MAD and try to declare war on our entire alliance. What is with you and trying to get innocents stomped?
[/quote]
I didn't declare war on the entire alliance or pass myself off as the leader of MAD. I was making a statement on how the attack by you guys was being dealt with by some members of MAD from my position within the alliance.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1315663595' post='2798038']
[/quote]

You're looking waaaay too hard for something there, dude. My simple mind was focused on the us against Methrage angle.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315661208' post='2798023']
It will be interesting to see what precedent Non Grata's actions set for alliances getting declared on because one of their members does a tech deal with an alliance or nation someone considers themselves to be at war with. Will the community accept this new standard being set by Non Grata that they have a good CB to attack anyone who does a tech deal with a nation or alliance they consider themselves to be at war with? Most alliances don't make sure their members halt all tech deals whenever their alliance is at war, so its actually very common for alliances or individuals to tech deal with uninvolved alliances as they fight. I don't think I've ever been in an alliance who stops all tech dealing until whatever wars they get into are peaced out.[/quote]
It's not that interesting of a precedence if it has much more significant examples of in the past. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82919"][linkie thingie][/url]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315661208' post='2798023']Also with alliances like Non Grata, they don't need reason to attack small alliances, so looking at someones war screen with Non Grata attacks on it could just as easily be Non Grata 'tech raiding' someone for fun and without being provoked.[/quote]
Granted, it's much less clear with raiding alliances. Then again, when your point relies heavily on the aid senders being unaware of politicking on Bob - you render your own point invalid as well. How'd they know NG condones tech raids?
I'd venture a guess more people know about your crusades than tech raid policies of given alliance.

The very least they should do is make sure by contacting military/FA staff of aggressor, or even defending alliance. From my own experience I know there are people who refuse dealing with anyone at war even when contacted by his alliance assuring the member is not a rogue.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315665136' post='2798046']
I didn't declare war on the entire alliance or pass myself off as the leader of MAD. I was making a statement on how the attack by you guys was being dealt with by some members of MAD from my position within the alliance.
[/quote]

Liar liar, your pants on fire.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104744

Methrage, Executor of MAD. I'm going out on a limp and say that sounds pretty much like their leader position. If it's not, you shouldn't use any titles. I'm still doubting you were a legit member.