Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315801531' post='2799076']
there is a difference, your AA is already at war with NG. you and Nicholai are rogues, not even a true alliance. So no need for a DoW. Not to mention, you hit NG not the other way around. So, all in all, the circumstances are quite different.
[/quote]
NPO sanctioned me, which can be considered an act of war. Whether I consider it to be that way isn't clear to people unless I make a DoW stating I'm at war with NPO. Non Grata never said anything about Nicholai being a rogue or Methuselarity being at war with them, so CA did not know Nicholai was being treated as a rogue to be PZI like they were doing with me. I was ZI at the time, so the fighting had stopped.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315801703' post='2799079']
NPO sanctioned me, which can be considered an act of war. Whether I consider it to be that way isn't clear to people unless I make a DoW stating I'm at war with NPO. Non Grata never said anything about Nicholai being a rogue or Methuselarity being at war with them, so CA did not know Nicholai was being treated as a rogue to be PZI like they were doing with me. I was ZI at the time, so the fighting had stopped.
[/quote]

Actually, I believe we did. It was right there in the same sentence as your name.

[quote]Finally, Methrage has decided to make a pest of himself again, so I find it necessary to put the boots to him and his partner in crime, Nicholai.[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Teets' timestamp='1315801788' post='2799083']
Actually, I believe we did. It was right there in the same sentence as your name.
[/quote]
Guess you did mention him, but you never said you were pursuing past that round of wars and had appeared to of stopped attacking him until I made a come back. It wasn't until I recovered from ZI that you guys attacked him again and decided to go after CA.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315801703' post='2799079']
[/quote]

I doubt Nicholai is under threat of PZI. Also, if you consider yourself at war with NPO so be it. Go ahead and hit anyone who does tech deals with them and see how far that will get ya.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315801904' post='2799086']
Guess you did mention him, but you never said you were pursuing past that round of wars and had appeared to of stopped attacking him until I made a come back. It wasn't until I recovered from ZI that you guys attacked him again and decided to go after CA.
[/quote]

Then the onus is on CA to ensure that Nicholai is no longer considered a rogue by NG. If we could look up alliance wars in the past, pretty certain that just because a member or 2 of an alliance is not under attack for a few days, does not mean that either those members are somehow at peace separate of their alliance, or the whole alliance is at peace. It just means that they lucked out for a few days.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315801967' post='2799088']
I doubt Nicholai is under threat of PZI. Also, if you consider yourself at war with NPO so be it. Go ahead and hit anyone who does tech deals with them and see how far that will get ya.
[/quote]
Would you still think its such a great CB worth defending on OWF if someone other than Non Grata starts attacking people with the "we considered ourselves to be at war with them while you did that tech deal, even if not actually fighting him at that moment" reasoning?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315801904' post='2799086']
[/quote]

We never said ZI was your punishment. I don't think any formal "punishment" was offered that I'm aware of (could be wrong, I'm not involved in politics), just the reps. Reps that you declined, meaning we were still at war. A lack of active wars don't mean that you or Nicholai are just magically forgiven.

[quote name='Mr. Teets' timestamp='1315802154' post='2799093']
We never said ZI was your punishment. I don't think any formal "punishment" was offered that I'm aware of (could be wrong, I'm not involved in politics), just the reps. Reps that you declined, meaning we were still at war. A lack of active wars don't mean that you or Nicholai are just magically forgiven.
[/quote]
I'm enjoying our fight, so good job on actually attacking me again. Although I disagree that people need to assume someone is in a constant state of Perma-War if someone announces they are at war with someone, but doesn't actually have any active wars with them. With no wars in the war screen, people have no real reason to think the war is still ongoing if they're not in peace mode.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315802097' post='2799092']
Would you still think its such a great CB worth defending on OWF if someone other than Non Grata starts attacking people with the "we considered ourselves to be at war with them while you did that tech deal, even if not actually fighting him at that moment" reasoning?
[/quote]

Yes, actually I would. I have no ties to NG whatsoever. In fact, for a considerable portion of my existence I have disliked most of the alliances that have come to make up NG as well as have been at odds with most of the gov of NG at one point or another.

Your and Nicholai are rogues. Both of you have been at war with NG for awhile now. CA knew this and decided to continue doing tech deals. Whether or not Nicholai had active wars or not, does not magically make him at peace with NG. Any half-decent gov member would know to check with NG prior to attempting to deal with any rogue that is currently at war with NG.

It just goes to show that the "cause", whatever that is, has obviously taken whatever decent leadership capability you and Sigrun had, and trashed it. Keep foaming at the mouth at the lack of wars, as that means absolutely nothing. Unless Nicholai had received actual words stating NG was at peace with Nicholai, then he is still at war. Period.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315802333' post='2799095']
I'm enjoying our fight, so good job on actually attacking me again. Although I disagree that people need to assume someone is in a constant state of Perma-War if someone announces they are at war with someone, but doesn't actually have any active wars with them. With no wars in the war screen, people have no real reason to think the war is still ongoing if they're not in peace mode.
[/quote]

If peace hasn't been announced or declared, then yes people should assume a war is still going on. And you were still in active wars. So like Doch said, unless we peaced out with just Nicholai (hint: we didn't) then it isn't our fault they decided to do a tech deal without checking first.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315802402' post='2799097']
Unless Nicholai had received actual words stating NG was at peace with Nicholai, then he is still at war. Period.
[/quote]
Non Grata bringing me more allies in this war with their aggressive policy helped me out, so guess it really doesn't matter to me. Although if this war lasts long enough, maybe I will start hitting those who do tech deals with Non Grata to disrupt their tech flow and show them I can do it to.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315802755' post='2799102']
Non Grata bringing me more allies in this war with their aggressive policy helped me out, so guess it really doesn't matter to me. Although if this war lasts long enough, maybe I will start hitting those who do tech deals with Non Grata to disrupt their tech flow and show them I can do it to.
[/quote]

Everyone please do tech deals with NG, in fact since meth is considered a rogue already everyone just pile on him until he dies. Chain it forever.

[/quote]

The delusions you have about your ability to truly impact that alliance is just stunning.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1315802926' post='2799106']
Everyone please do tech deals with NG, in fact since meth is considered a rogue already everyone just pile on him until he dies. Chain it forever.
[/quote]
Olympus gave NG the go ahead to attack, nobody else has been given permission by them to attack CA. So people are free to test it once a defensive slot clears.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]

So you got 4 more nations destroyed for your useless cause.... Umm.... congrats? As for disrupting tech flow from NG, please hit more alliances. What little support you had, you would slowly lose as you begin to attack other alliances and begin nuking their smaller nations.

So please for the love of admin, do it.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315803167' post='2799114']
So you got 4 more nations destroyed for your useless cause.... Umm.... congrats? As for disrupting tech flow from NG, please hit more alliances. What little support you had, you would slowly lose as you begin to attack other alliances and begin nuking their smaller nations.

So please for the love of admin, do it.
[/quote]
No, Non Grata brought them into this. I was fine with suspending my tech deals with them for the duration of the war with NG and that was the plan. Also funny how your opinion changes depending on who's exercising their right to attack those doing business with someone at war changes when the smaller side is doing it.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315803228' post='2799116']
No, Non Grata brought them into this. I was fine with suspending my tech deals with them for the duration of the war with NG and that was the plan. Also funny how when who's exercising their right to attack those doing business with someone at war changes when the smaller side is doing it.
[/quote]

If you were fine with suspending the tech deals and that was the plan then why did it happen? Your inability or unwillingness to ensure that happened brought them into the war.

[quote name='Timur' timestamp='1315803385' post='2799118']
If you were fine with suspending the tech deals and that was the plan then why did it happen? Your inability or unwillingness to ensure that happened brought them into the war.
[/quote]
Me and Sigrun suspended ours, but I never told Nicholai he needs to stay in bill lock and not accept any tech deals with anyone because Non Grata wouldn't be pleased.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315803228' post='2799116']
No, Non Grata brought them into this. I was fine with suspending my tech deals with them for the duration of the war with NG and that was the plan. Also funny how your opinion changes depending on who's exercising their right to attack those doing business with someone at war changes when the smaller side is doing it.
[/quote]

I have stated numerous times, you are more than able to hit anyone tech dealing with NG. In fact, you are well within your rights, as is Nicholai and CA. Would it be wise? Most likely not. But, I never said anything about you being incapable of doing such since you were on the smaller side.

So please do not attempt to put words in my mouth.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315803517' post='2799120']
Me and Sigrun suspended ours, but I never told Nicholai he needs to stay in bill lock and not accept any tech deals with anyone because Non Grata wouldn't be pleased.
[/quote]

Ok so its your fault, glad we could confirm that. Thank you and please drive through.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315803517' post='2799120']
[/quote]

Well, looks like you should have told Nicholai to peace out with NG, leave the AA and join a real AA. Then he can not only do tech deals but most likely get aid to help rebuild his nation that you got needlessly destroyed. Instead, you kept your mouth shut and got not only Nicholai hit again, but got CA involved in a war over something as stupid as tech dealing with rogues.

And from what I can tell, you seem awfully proud of the fact that most nations who support you either end up destroyed or end up paying reps and having you continuously betray their trust.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315803751' post='2799124']
Well, looks like you should have told Nicholai to peace out with NG, leave the AA and join a real AA. Then he can not only do tech deals but most likely get aid to help rebuild his nation that you got needlessly destroyed. Instead, you kept your mouth shut and got not only Nicholai hit again, but got CA involved in a war over something as stupid as tech dealing with rogues.

And from what I can tell, you seem awfully proud of the fact that most nations who support you either end up destroyed or end up paying reps and having you continuously betray their trust.
[/quote]
Some people enjoy a good fight rather than being complete pushovers like most in CN, those fighting in this war aren't doing so without being nations willing to fights wars and take damage, rather than the type who want to pay reps for everything to avoid war and live a very boring existence.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315804543' post='2799128']
Some people enjoy a good fight rather than being complete pushovers like most in CN, those fighting in this war aren't doing so without being nations willing to fights wars and take damage, rather than the type who want to pay reps for everything to avoid war and live a very boring existence.
[/quote]

Personally, I love wars and love fighting. I have been curbstomped before and have done the curbstomping. Either way, I like to fight for a good cause, not some ridiculous !@#$%^&* reasoning such as what you and Sigrun are fighting for.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315804794' post='2799132']
Personally, I love wars and love fighting. I have been curbstomped before and have done the curbstomping. Either way, I like to fight for a good cause, not some ridiculous !@#$%^&* reasoning such as what you and Sigrun are fighting for.
[/quote]
You're the one !@#$%*ing from the sidelines, I'm fighting a war and enjoying it.

Edited by Methrage