Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1315632566' post='2797864']
Lol? Nobody really pays attention to Methrage anymore. It's a stretch to claim that he's hurting NG's PR because most people don't care about him either way.
[/quote]

Therein lies the problem...the only people that are sending aid to him at this point are either those too disconnected from politics to have any idea what they're getting themselves into with their 'tech deals', or those who just like to start !@#$.

I'm honestly surprised that anyone continues to white knight for him, regardless of his opponent, given that his sole purpose in life is to trick the oblivious into giving him money; whether he intends to make good tech deals originating as such is immaterial, because none of the participants would go anywhere near him if they had the slightest clue what they're getting themselves into. Anti-heroes are fun and all, but when they make a living getting innocent nations to fund their antics, it's baffling that anyone would support them.

Edited by Schad

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315632644' post='2797866']
Funny that alliances like ODN assist Non Grata despite them considering you an irrelevant and worthless alliance regardless.
[/quote]

ODN has made no statement regarding NG and frankly if I wanted to learn their opinion on ODN there are better and more informed individuals to approach than you.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1315633641' post='2797889']
Xander and NG are cool people, its all about the lulz bro. pretty sure inmate still runs with them and so dont some other old PC people so, no im not going to send you aid, rather not piss off old friends. However you should still discuss how you are winning the war, I mean you've been given a nice venue here, dont let it go to waste. I do have to retire though for the evening, but I will be back to read tomorrow.

onward to the flames mate
[/quote]
I respect you as a former member of The Citadel, but bragging about all my war successes on the ground I think is pointless and not good advice. I see no need to try humiliating my opponents with each attack they fail on or that I get successfully on them, wars are fought with our nations, not on the forum. Later the war could go any way, they're not won within the first few days (or even months if we're talking about the larger war with Non Grata).

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315634031' post='2797893']
I respect you as a former member of The Citadel, but bragging about all my war successes on the ground I think is pointless and not good advice. I see no need to try humiliating my opponents with each attack they fail on or that I get successfully on them, wars are fought with our nations, not on the forum. Later the war could go any way, they're not won within the first few days (or even months if we're talking about the larger war with Non Grata).
[/quote]

[color="#8B0000"]do you actually believe all the !@#$ you say? or are you doing it to be funny, because either way it is funny[/color]

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1315634250' post='2797894']
[color="#8B0000"]do you actually believe all the !@#$ you say? or are you doing it to be funny, because either way it is funny[/color]
[/quote]
I'll reply to this one last post of yours just to make clear, nothing you say is relevant to my interests and never will be. Post as much as you want, but your previous posts have already made clear to me you are someone who I don't care what you think.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315634355' post='2797895']
I'll reply to this one last post of yours just to make clear, nothing you say is relevant to my interests and never will be. Post as much as you want, but your previous posts have already made clear to me you are someone who I don't care what you think.
[/quote]

[color="#8B0000"]May i ask why you dont care what i think? [/color]

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1315634025' post='2797892']
ODN has made no statement regarding NG and frankly if I wanted to learn their opinion on ODN there are better and more informed individuals to approach than you.
[/quote]

How about Jacapo?:

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1315543621' post='2797252']
Who gives a $*%& about ODN. They are a terrible alliance and you should feel bad for invoking their name in this conversation.
[/quote]

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Mr flubb' timestamp='1315635828' post='2797904']
[color="#8B0000"]Yeah... sure.... it sucks.... what is it again :P[/color]
[/quote]

Not sure, but they're obviously pretty anti-tech deal. They don't want CSN to be able to tech deal or Polar or Methrage or I guess anyone else either.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315633238' post='2797881']
My concern is how NG will distinguish those who make an honest mistake given Methrage has admitted and is currently sending 200 messages a day in order to stir !@#$ up, ideally towards these type of individuals.

It's not like Methrage is sending these messages to anyone allied to NG.
[/quote]
I'm sure the bigger concern is informing your nations there is a tech spammer and scammer on the lose with no life that wants to take your money.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315635282' post='2797903']
I agree let's get this back to how awful NG's tech deal policy is.
[/quote]
How about we agree that you are thankfully just one member who is allowed to have a singular opinion. But keep on harping on how much you hate us. Maybe [url="http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=Methuselarity"]this[/url] AA suits you better? :ehm:

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315632974' post='2797873']
Hey, I hate Non-Grata. I hope they are destroyed in a nuclear hell fire after being castrated and raped by Satan. How come you think we support them? I've seen two ODNers post in here.
[/quote]

awww aren't you cute.

Best of luck Non Grata.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1315638058' post='2797916']
I'm sure the bigger concern is informing your nations there is a tech spammer and scammer on the lose with no life that wants to take your money.

[/quote]

Not really. Three million is easily replaced. I'm more concerned about the implied threat of military retaliation in the instance that someone who has stated he has and will continue to mislead nations who don't know any better into aiding him in order to fuel his war with Non Grata continues to do so.

Someone who has nothing to lose could easily persuade the average user (ie: the 95% of this game that doesn't use this forum,) into aiding him. That he has specifically targeted alliances with mass personal messages with whom their alliance affiliation would pose a distinct potential to incite an undue amount of drama is much less surprising.

While I understand the pain that nuclear rogues cause (we have dealt with more than our fair share in recent months,) I can't help but feel this will only motivate him to do more of the same, I guess.:mellow:

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315632974' post='2797873']
Hey, I hate Non-Grata. I hope they are destroyed in a nuclear hell fire after being castrated and raped by Satan. How come you think we support them? I've seen two ODNers post in here.
[/quote]
I think it was ODN who sanctioned me for them and is keeping me sanctioned on Orange, if I'm mistaken I'll apologize for any negative comments I've made regarding ODN. All my inbox messages from when I got all the sanctions have since auto-deleted from my inbox, so I can't really double check to verify.

This ain't the first or last thread (direct or indirectly) concerning Methrage. It's nice to see we have so many friends like Omniscient, makes things much more interesting. Those that matter in ODN know how we feel about them. I'm not taking an opinion of one member as common perception, and you shouldn't either Omniscient.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315642050' post='2797936']
Not really. Three million is easily replaced. I'm more concerned about the implied threat of military retaliation in the instance that someone who has stated he has and will continue to mislead nations who don't know any better into aiding him in order to fuel his war with Non Grata.

Someone who has nothing to lose could easily persuade the average user (ie: the 95% of this game that doesn't use this forum,) into aiding him. That he has specifically targeted alliances with mass personal messages with whom their alliance affiliation would pose a distinct potential to incite an undue amount of drama is much less surprising.

While I understand the pain that nuclear rogues cause (we have dealt with more than our fair share in recent months,) I can't help but feel this will only motivate him to do more of the same.
[/quote]

Consider the alternative though, or lack thereof.

Long and short of it is 3 mil means much more to a nuke rogue at that extremely low level then it would normally, and means much more damage to though who he hits as well. A few days ago, the neighborhood meth rager was bill locked and posting about how he was going to 'quietly fade away'. Now that hes whipped out his aluminum foil though and burnt down that aid, hes all iced up again and rearing to go a few more rounds. Does it give him the attention he wants? Sure, but it needs to be deterred or else the cycle will continue.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315642050' post='2797936']
Not really. Three million is easily replaced. I'm more concerned about the implied threat of military retaliation in the instance that someone who has stated he has and will continue to mislead nations who don't know any better into aiding him in order to fuel his war with Non Grata continues to do so.

While I understand the pain that nuclear rogues cause (we have dealt with more than our fair share in recent months,) I can't help but feel this will only motivate him to do more of the same, I guess.:mellow:
[/quote]

There isn't a real distinction between people that are misled and those that wish harm upon us. Those that ask to aid Methrage and those that aid will be talked to and their respective alliances will have a chance to repent.

It's not much different from botched raids on wrong AA's.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1315642655' post='2797944']
Consider the alternative though, or lack thereof.

Long and short of it is 3 mil means much more to a nuke rogue at that extremely low level then it would normally, and means much more damage to though who he hits as well. A few days ago, the neighborhood meth rager was bill locked and posting about how he was going to 'quietly fade away'. Now that hes whipped out his aluminum foil though and burnt down that aid, hes all iced up again and rearing to go a few more rounds. Does it give him the attention he wants? Sure, but it needs to be deterred or else the cycle will continue.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm not defending Methrage. Like I said, I dislike nuclear rogues, and have dealt with billion dollar rogues in recent times that were much more of a hassle then I'm sure Methrage has been. In fact, recently Methrage sent my alliance several tens-hundreds of similar messages and he got a bite. We ended up aiding one of the nations he ended up nuking considerably despite not being asked for reperations for said nations actions. I might add that this individual did not receive their tech they were promised.

However, I have several problems with that line of thinking:

One: That the people he is targetting do not come here and read these announcements, and Meth is going to continue to send his allotted 200 messages per day in order to acquire more funds to continue his actions regardless of what is posted here.

Two: That this implied threat of military action against those whom he is sending I'm sure very attractive offers will only motivate him more. Not only is it giving him the attention he seeks, but the motivation to continue. He might have very well quietly went away (I won't comment on his current warchest but his bills are relatively high I'm sure and he has stated he has been in bill lock at least once, and the first things to go are usually improvements, and then wonders.)

Three: Justifying any sort of military aggression towards any alliance given that this individual has stated he is going out of his way to procure these funds in such a manner. Every alliance has nuke rogues. Not every alliance has Methragerogues. I think there is a different circumstance here and I would be hard pressed to see the validity in starting a war, essentially what Methrage has been wanting as a close second to the funds he's trying to aquire, and essentially giving him what he wants.

I'm pretty sure that given everything has been so dead most alliances are familiar with this particular roguery and I think only a ten-fifteen minute conversation with said alliance would be needed to resolve it unless there is considerable evidence that individuals of said alliance went out of their way to aid Methrage intentionally, which, given all of the facts presented here and elsewhere, I have yet to see happen from an established alliance.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae7tASAkop8"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ae7tASAkop8[/url]

edit: terrible grammar? four am? yep.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1315625467' post='2797776']
In the post I quoted they said doing tech deals to them is considered aid - that to pretty much everyone means don't do tech deals

I would honestly bet that meth rage could send aid messages to NG members and probably get one to bite

The bottom line is it's not on every alliance to communicate NG's edict therefore they can't enforce these reps for legit tech deals
[/quote]
If you tell someone if they drink bleach they'll die dosent mean they cant drink bleach, just that they shouldn't.
NG has said tech deals will be considered AID, and if you AID meth and pals you will face the consequences, you only see it as them banning tech deals because you understand that the consequences would be unpleasant and therefore you wouldn't do that.
Since Meth is on the grey sphere its impossible for NG to personally restrict his AID instead all the can do is caution people about making an unwise choice. All AA's [i][u][b]CAN[/b][/u][/i] do tech deals but they [u][i][b]Shouldn't[/b][/i][/u] do tech deals with meth.

There's a difference.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1315644207' post='2797948']
If you tell someone if they drink bleach they'll die dosent mean they cant drink bleach, just that they shouldn't.
NG has said tech deals will be considered AID, and if you AID meth and pals you will face the consequences, you only see it as them banning tech deals because you understand that the consequences would be unpleasant and therefore you wouldn't do that.
Since Meth is on the grey sphere its impossible for NG to personally restrict his AID instead all the can do is caution people about making an unwise choice. All AA's [i][u][b]CAN[/b][/u][/i] do tech deals but they [u][i][b]Shouldn't[/b][/i][/u] do tech deals with meth.

There's a difference.
[/quote]
CA didn't even do a tech deal with Methrage is the ironic part of this, nobody who did tech deals with me got declared on with this announcement. The one CA did a tech deal with isn't even nuclear capable or have any wonders.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315642169' post='2797937']
I think it was ODN who sanctioned me for them and is keeping me sanctioned on Orange, if I'm mistaken I'll apologize for any negative comments I've made regarding ODN. All my inbox messages from when I got all the sanctions have since auto-deleted from my inbox, so I can't really double check to verify.
[/quote]

Not that it matters, because sanctions are a fact of life for nuclear rogues and you're going to just have to come to grips with that, but the senator who sanctioned you is MikeTheFirst (Non Grata's senator, not ours.) To verify that you can check the sanctions list under World Statistics and Tools.