Official Ronin Announcement

AirMe

[center][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/airmike94/ronin2.png[/IMG][/center]

Konnichiwa!

We officially protect the NAAC (National Alliance of Arctic Countries) AA.

I could put a bunch of words here, but I decided that we will just state we understand what protection means and are willing to fulfill the obligation.

/s/
AirMe
Emperor of Ronin

PS: Zombie Nation and NAAC are no longer at war.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering you admitted just yesterday that Ronin could only muster a single nation for a single round of war against the last group of rogues to hit the NAAC AA in over a month's time, would it be a fair assessment to make that your alliance is fully incapable of dealing with threats to the NAAC AA? What then, is your reasoning for continuing the pseudo-protection of this abandoned alliance affiliation?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1314764343' post='2791432']
Didn't Tetris or someone else do this a couple of months ago? So why the timing now? Not criticizing, just curious.
[/quote]

Actually we both protected them during the period Tetris protected them. In reality, Ronin protected NAAC before Tetris did.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314764441' post='2791433']
Actually we both protected them during the period Tetris protected them. In reality, Ronin protected NAAC before Tetris did.
[/quote]
I guess I don't see the need for an announcement when it's already official.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314763817' post='2791431']
Considering you admitted just yesterday that Ronin could only muster a single nation for a single round of war against the last group of rogues to hit the NAAC AA in over a month's time, would it be a fair assessment to make that your alliance is fully incapable of dealing with threats to the NAAC AA? What then, is your reasoning for continuing the pseudo-protection of this abandoned alliance affiliation?
[/quote]

I have allies who I can request help from. I also know of a few alliances I can outsource to if I need to.

Would you like to try and see how good our protection will be? Because an attack on a protectorate is a direct attack on the protector and there for our treaties would activate.

I talked with the last group of rogues that hit the NAAC and they indicated to me they were willing to negotiate the whole time. Whether that is the truth or not is up for me to decide.

If Tetris's cancellation was not due to the NAAC/Zombie Nation war like you all claim, your argument that I just quoted should not have been made by you. If it was due to the difficulty in dealing with shotgun, who admittedly is hot headed sometimes, you should be coming at me from a different angel or not at all.

You no longer need to worry about the NAAC AA or the events surrounding it. It is all on Ronin now.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1314764494' post='2791434']
I guess I don't see the need for an announcement when it's already official.
[/quote]

Since people are being sticklers for forum announcements in regards to protection for the NAAC AA, we decided to make an official announcement regarding protection. Our previous pledge of protection was a post in the Tetris thread.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1314764595' post='2791438']
I have allies who I can request help from. I also know of a few alliances I can outsource to if I need to.

Would you like to try and see how good our protection will be? Because an attack on a protectorate is a direct attack on the protector and there for our treaties would activate.[/quote]

So, more or less, your allies are protecting the NAAC AA. And then you follow that with a healthy dose of meaningless posturing, which I know to be completely meaningless because I've seen your "protection" in action. I didn't think it would be that easy to get it out of you, but I've gotten what I came here for. B-)

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1314764996' post='2791444']
Seeing as Tetris couldn't wipe it's own arse, let alone protect someone, it's good to see an alliance with some salt step up to the plate. :)
[/quote]

You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314764911' post='2791442']
So, more or less, your allies are protecting the NAAC AA.
[/quote]

Do you realize that the same thing could be said about your alliance and your treaties? Since you can't protect yourself without your allies if one of the big alliances who does tech raid decided to raid you.

So, more or less, your allies are protecting the NAAC AA. And then you follow that with a healthy dose of meaningless posturing, which I know to be completely meaningless because I've seen your "protection" in action. I didn't think it would be that easy to get it out of you, but I've gotten what I came here for. B-)
[/quote]

So you are still going down this path? I am ok with what you guys did and your cancellation. It is all on Ronin now. So unless you really want me to start laying into you and your shortcomings and what you couldn't accomplish in the entirety of the NAAC/Zombie Nation war, I would back off if I were you.

[/quote]
So how's that war with all of three nuclear rogues going? Depleting that "massive" 300m warchest quickly?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1314765339' post='2791450']
So you are still going down this path? I am ok with what you guys did and your cancellation. It is all on Ronin now. So unless you really want me to start laying into you and your shortcomings and what you couldn't accomplish in the entirety of the NAAC/Zombie Nation war, I would back off if I were you.
[/quote]

Please AirMe. What we accomplished was defending our protectorate and showing we don't back down regardless of what is thrown at us, even if it means our lower tier getting demolished. What the NAAC/Zombie war has truly shown is how effectively you protect, sitting at the sidelines. This posturing is an epic degree of BS. I said it in the last thread and I'll say it now. You're better than this.

EDIT:

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1314765544' post='2791453']
But I do. If it ever came to pass that my protectoral fortunes hinged on Tetris' strength and ability to defend me, I would hang myself.
[/quote]

So you'd rather be protected by an alliance who, while protecting you the same time as Tetris, did literally nothing more than have one nation fight?

Edited by USMC123

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314765568' post='2791454']
Please AirMe. What we accomplished was defending our protectorate and showing we don't back down regardless of what is thrown at us, even if it means our lower tier getting demolished. What the NAAC/Zombie war has truly shown is how effectively you protect, sitting at the sidelines. This posturing is an epic degree of BS. I said it in the last thread and I'll say it now. You're better than this.
[/quote]

Here we go.

Since I saw that you were dropping protection of the NAAC AA, I went and contacted my allies who had nuclear nations in range and asked for assistance. I also contacted a few other alliances I am not allied to and offered to hire them to help out. I also contacted Zombie Nation about what needed to be done for peace.

I had between 6 - 12 nuclear nations ready to hit them at update tonight, however peace was reached and the assistance was not needed. (<3 my allies for being on the ready.)

While you were typing that I went and looked at 1. JUST 1 of your allies, VE, has over 15 nations under 20k NS who are nuclear capable.I am sure they have more between 20k and 30k NS which is where these guys were when the war started? Why did you not ask them over the course of the war to help fill your holes?

Seriously, in 12 hours I was able to accomplish what you guys couldn't over the course of the war. As for our lack of assistance, we had one nation capable of fighting, which she did until I ordered her into peace mode. We also have tons of aid we can send but we need a target list to do so, a target list that was never sent.

Don't place the blame on me for you guys not asking for help or asking for the right amount of help. I had assumed you guys could handle 3 nations. But you know what they say about assumptions...now look at me.