Official Ronin Announcement

AirMe

I think some of you are forgetting that Ronin was sharing NAAC with us as a protected AA until we cancelled our protection. This is evidenced by us warning people that NAAC still had another protector in said cancellation, to prevent raiders from getting burned. There was no "void" filled here. Tetris did our best with the resources we had to protect the alliance, and had decided to cancel their part of the protectorate.

We asked Ronin for help multiple times, but I was only able to get in contact with their minister of economics who "cannot order nations to fight". Which is reasonable, really. I'd be peeved if I logged on to find out our economics guy sent nations to war without telling anyone first. I really blame the whole thing on a lack of activity as opposed to being unable or unwilling to help out. We've had nothing but good dealings with Ronin in the past, and I have no reason to think them malicious or cowardly.

In our cancellation thread, the rogue nations in question already said "whatever, we had our fun, we'll quit hitting y'all if you quit hitting us", an offer that was undoubtedly taken by Ronin. That offer, however, had been on the table for weeks in tetris-zombie negotiations before that thread was ever posted. Don't get me wrong, I have no ill will towards AirMe or Ronin in general because of stupid NAAC drama. They're good people. But, those are the facts. You can call them something else, but they are what they are. Carry on.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1314806293' post='2791629']
The simple fact of the matter is that an official peace was reached in about 5 seconds after Ronin stepped into the vacuum.
[/quote]

This is actually 100% false. If you bothered reading our thread instead of making inane posts, you'd know this, as it was part of the reason we dropped NAAC (hint: it involves a certain NAAC member going and negotiating peace for the AA without telling us two weeks ago).

Now I have a lot of respect for AirMe, and wish him well with this protectorate. I just wanted to clear that up.

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1314839582' post='2791870']
To all the naysayers questioning whether or not Ronin's offer for protection is empty... Test it.

Neither Ronin nor the NAAC are short on friends who would quickly come to their aid.
[/quote]

"The NPO will show you why GGA doesn't need WRCs"

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1314841372' post='2791881']
[/quote]

Potato sighting. Your quote could almost be accurate if the person you were quoting was a Ronin member and not a TLR member. :P

Edited by AirMe

I was in NAAC way back in the day when it was a super power and was there when it got destroyed by the ways of war. Airme, I personally am very happy to see this announcement.
Good luck to NAAC, my last nation didn't survive after that war. I truly hope you guys succeed in bringing back one of the greatest alliances in the history of the game.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1314795108' post='2791575']
If that is what he is criticizing Tetris for, then it is unfounded. How does he know if we were asked or not?
[/quote]
That is why i said this statement.

"now in all reality VE could have refused and gone on their merry way"

But anyways he's saying a "What if?" scenario not that that they did or did not.

By all means if they did, my hat would be off to them for that since information was not shared with me on how the war was to be handled. Just saying what i know.

And to the post above, no recreation has been plotted....yet >.> anyways just kiddin around. If there was to be a recreation a lot of people would have to be ok with it, and at this time they aren't ok with it. Either that or if certain key players from the original NAAC came back to the game which is highly unlikely.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314820530' post='2791739']
This is actually 100% false. If you bothered reading our thread instead of making inane posts, you'd know this, as it was part of the reason we dropped NAAC (hint: it involves a certain NAAC member going and negotiating peace for the AA without telling us two weeks ago).

Now I have a lot of respect for AirMe, and wish him well with this protectorate. I just wanted to clear that up.
[/quote]

Nice indirect flame, you wanna start this again catch me in IRC i'll tell ya off again like i did before. You and i agreed to drop it and you bring it up again nice job hypocrite. I also didn't hear about your guys doing any negotiating so nice job on your alliance being hypocrites! The only three that i see that aren't are Xander, Trooper, and dane0. Also tell your guy to quit holding up my aid slot before i change my mind on the matter of if i aid him or another nation.

Edited by johnathan buck

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1314841372' post='2791881']
[/quote]
Non-sequitur.

I'm saying this official statement of intent doesn't detract from the long list of people who would already defend the NAAC if it came into harms way. There is also a similarly long list of people who would protect Ronin. I count myself amongst those people, however I am not an alliance. An alliance announcing it's intention to protect something, irrespective of it's ability (which is what I was supporting) still has bearing in that it offers a public record which can be turned too in the case of any transgressions.

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1314913987' post='2792499']
Nice indirect flame, you wanna start this again catch me in IRC i'll tell ya off again like i did before. You and i agreed to drop it and you bring it up again nice job hypocrite. I also didn't hear about your guys doing any negotiating so nice job on your alliance being hypocrites! The only three that i see that aren't are Xander, Trooper, and dane0. Also tell your guy to quit holding up my aid slot before i change my mind on the matter of if i aid him or another nation.
[/quote]

What is this I don't even.

OOC: Man it has been a very long time since I've been on these forums... I'm talking at least a year and a half by my estimations...

IC:

[i]A very old man with long, white, unkempt hair walks up to an old brown podium to speak. He is wearing an extremely ragged, used, brown coat which has various patches on it. Underneath this coat he is wearing a bright new white and blue uniform with the National Alliance of Arctic Countries flags on it, new and old, with its various mascots placed on the collar. He takes out an old and dented silver flask and takes a small drink from it, putting it carefully away in his inside coat pocket. He mumbles under his breath a bit about "being woken up" and "newfangled conferences" before clearing his voice to speak to the audience that gathered primarily for Ronin's announcement.[/i]

Friends, family members, alliance mates, old acquaintances, enemies, frenemies and what-have-yous all around this, the world we call Planet Bob. Greetings. For those of you who don't know... my name is Asriel Belacqua.

First, a small note, though very important: I do not speak for the [defunct] National Alliance of Arctic Countries. I don't think anyone does anymore, though if anyone did it would probably be our dear Lord Chozo as he has been under the [defunct] Alliance Affiliation since before the National Alliance of Arctic Countries disbanded many many years ago. So those of you who love to lawyer, which I know there's about 500 million of you around here somewhere, forget it. I'm making your lawyering nonsense null right now. Period.

[i]Asriel gets a bit of a silly grin on his face with this last statement, knowing full well that most people don't care who he is or what he has to say anyway, since he's just some crazy old man, and continues with his ramblings...[/i]

I would like to publicly thank Airme of the grand alliance of Ronin, and the entire alliance of Ronin for making this statement. Many people have doubts as to whether or not Ronin will do much, but I have no doubt they will do everything they can, considering this group under the same banner as I, is only a few people.

Recently, a good friend of mine by the name of Atoms has passed on from this world and gone on to some other place. Probably grander, as that is his way, but I won't know for some time I imagine. His passing put a new perspective on the life I lead here, on Planet Bob. Many of my friends are now gone... deceased or maybe put on a spaceship somewhere... who knows, but they are gone nonetheless, and they're gone forever. So the few friends I have left, even those I know little about, are extremely valuable to me. Ronin has become on of them. They know almost nothing about me, and I them, but if they need my help with anything, I just want to tell them, partially because of this bond I have and partially because of their kindness to my mates in the [defunct] N.A.A.C., that all they need to do is ask for help, and I will do my best to aid them as best I can.

I will have to warn Ronin though, my aid may not be as good or timely as one would wish... I am old after all, and spend most of my days asleep.

Have a good day everyone.

[quote name='Asriel Belacqua' timestamp='1314945199' post='2792854']
the National Alliance of Arctic Countries disbanded many many years ago
[/quote]

This is the only line of that !@#$%^&* which matters. They are disbanded; they have ceased to exist, and it's time to move on. God knows the rest of us have.