A joint announcement

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311951244' post='2766960']
One thing I know I can like about PF is that with eyriq, Bob, beazy, and a few others I'm assured of posts like this that respond to my [i]ideas[/i] rather than my person (hello, Papa Crymson); you definitely have the edge on brains in the bloc competition. I do feel bad in retrospect that I came across as taking a big, cantankerous dump on PF, but my initial thoughts were based entirely on the sudden cascade of "look out Polaris" crap.
My point is that, for the most part, the only alliance in PF with a clear "passion" or "agenda" (as eyriq alluded to) is TOP, and that is "revenge" on Polaris (TOP can call it revenge, but I fail to see how making bad decisions for yourself in the middle of a war warrants revenge)--this is a global ambition. The rest of you seem content to be good at what you do: building strong nations and strong, cohesive alliances--introspective ambitions. With that situation, it will be very easy for TOP's passions and agendas to become PF's. A bloc is a world-stage entity, and TOP is the only PF AA with a clear world-stage agenda. Some of you will understand what I mean, some of you will start making retarded lapdog jokes.
[/quote]

Flattery will work every time, Schatt. ;)

Pretty much everything is abstract at this stage anyway, so while each alliance brings something different to the table it is way to early so say how it will play out in concrete steps. Though the guide for dealing with feelings of betrayal is pretty simple... :nuke:

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1311961377' post='2767055']
Polaris is fun to **** with. Especially when you draw some hard ass reactions out of Grub even though you know he snitched like a ***** to MK in BPW. Also, if you give someone your word then you better try your hardest to fulfill your commitment and not **** over the person who just put their faith in you. But we'll just have to agree to disagree. This isn't TOP's bloc. This is Pillowfort. Each alliance carries equal power in this bloc. This is PF and not TOP+.
Talking about false leaders... How you doin'?
[/quote][quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1311962811' post='2767074']
Flattery will work every time, Schatt. ;)
Pretty much everything is abstract at this stage anyway, so while each alliance brings something different to the table it is way to early so say how it will play out in concrete steps. Though the guide for dealing with feelings of betrayal is pretty simple... :nuke:
[/quote]
Thanks for engaging me in my very transparent attempt to attract attention to myself. This has been a productive conversation.

Schatt,

I think you are mistaken as to what this bloc is, what it's going to do, and in what manner it might approach things. To be quite honest, I think TOP, Gre, and Argent in particular learned a lot from our experiences within Citadel, what worked for a bloc, what didn't, how to assuage the decisions of some alliance versus the good of the bloc and various other intricacies that most undoubtedly will be presented at some point in time. While I do not consider Citadel to be a failed experiment, it did indeed allow us to become who we are today, through mistakes made, and define what each and every one of us defines as our policies regarding blocs and how to act. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how things will all turn out. As the saying goes, "please Gre, don't betray TOP!" I believe our independent thought processes, not just as a bloc, but as individual alliances, and individual people will allow us to move forward in a way that is agreeable to all of us in the bloc, not simply being the whipping boy of any one alliance. I can say without a doubt that the major point for us as a group was bloc supremacy and doing things unanimously. Don't let your dislike of some individuals, allow your vision to be clouded in judgement. You're better than that.

Yes, I know I'm late. I've been busy <_< . Congrats to all ya'll on making this happen.

Also, hai Crym/Timb/Feanor/all of GRE/Kage/anyone I forgot. PF is a quality bloc as long as you peeps are in it. I'm jelly.

Edited by Hyperion321

Will this Gre actually use its military potential and diplomatic ties to further some of its often touted moralist views and goals, or will it fall back to its old MO of lip service to win over the great unwashed? I still find it funny that Ramirus, shunned and cast out, is the only one that actually tried to use its vast potential to achieve something concrete instead of just complaining at everyone.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1312022777' post='2767596']
Will this Gre actually use its military potential and diplomatic ties to further some of its often touted moralist views and goals, or will it fall back to its old MO of lip service to win over the great unwashed? I still find it funny that Ramirus, shunned and cast out, is the only one that actually tried to use its vast potential to achieve something concrete instead of just complaining at everyone.
[/quote]

Yeah lets remember all those great things Ram achieved.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1312022283' post='2767595']
Yes, I know I'm late. I've been busy <_< . Congrats to all ya'll on making this happen.

Also, hai Crym/Timb/Feanor/all of GRE/Kage/anyone I forgot. PF is a quality bloc as long as you peeps are in it. I'm jelly.
[/quote]

aww thankyou

Hyp :wub:

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1311995595' post='2767410']
Schatt,

I think you are mistaken as to what this bloc is, what it's going to do, and in what manner it might approach things. To be quite honest, I think TOP, Gre, and Argent in particular learned a lot from our experiences within Citadel, what worked for a bloc, what didn't, how to assuage the decisions of some alliance versus the good of the bloc and various other intricacies that most undoubtedly will be presented at some point in time. While I do not consider Citadel to be a failed experiment, it did indeed allow us to become who we are today, through mistakes made, and define what each and every one of us defines as our policies regarding blocs and how to act. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how things will all turn out. As the saying goes, "please Gre, don't betray TOP!" I believe our independent thought processes, not just as a bloc, but as individual alliances, and individual people will allow us to move forward in a way that is agreeable to all of us in the bloc, not simply being the whipping boy of any one alliance. I can say without a doubt that the major point for us as a group was bloc supremacy and doing things unanimously. Don't let your dislike of some individuals, allow your vision to be clouded in judgement. You're better than that.
[/quote]
I thought the idea was to make you guys our meatshields...what the hell has Crymson got us to sign?!?

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1312023328' post='2767597']
[/quote]

I dunno, he was sure fun for me. :)

I'm pretty excited about PF here, congrats all around!

Edited by Matt Miller

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1312023328' post='2767597']
[/quote]
Yes, because that was the point of my post. I said he tried, not that he did. Whereas under other leadership, Gre liked to talk big and do $%&@ all.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1312028940' post='2767608']
Yes, because that was the point of my post. I said he tried, not that he did. Whereas under other leadership, Gre liked to talk big and do $%&@ all.
[/quote]

Feel free to have him then, if he ever returns.

[/quote]

Is NSO really lecturing us on talking big and not doing !@#$ at all? Because, wow... all your existance you've been the jack russel barking at the german shephard.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1312030943' post='2767613']
Is NSO really lecturing us on talking big and not doing !@#$ at all? Because, wow... all your existance you've been the jack russel barking at the german shephard.
[/quote]
I was unaware that I had been made Emperor, but if so, then yes!

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1312031859' post='2767617']
I was unaware that I had been made Emperor, but if so, then yes!
[/quote]

If you got a beef with us, you better bring more than your buddies in Legion that you fought beside last war :lol1:

Edited by Timberland

[/quote]

All I have to say is: PFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1312026070' post='2767602']
I thought the idea was to make you guys our meatshields...what the hell has Crymson got us to sign?!?
[/quote]

Whoah! Someone talked! No one is safe! I'm getting out of here! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[/quote]

Ram was a consummate narcissist who was interested in achieving his own goals at any cost and believed that anyone who disagreed with him or left the alliance because of him was a complete moron. During his time in government, he achieved the following:

[list]
[*]Alienated the vast majority of the Gramlins` membership, leading to the departure of the vast majority of members.
[*]Destroyed the Gramlins` relationship with [u]all[/u] of its allies.
[*]Made the Gramlins an international pariah.
[/list]
Yeah, I guess you could say he tried, if your point is that doing very stupid things is better than doing nothing at all. And of course you'd be wrong about the pre-Ramirus Gramlins doing nothing at all in any event. They were ready at all times to go to war for their allies and for what they believed in. We were not more than six weeks allied to us (this also being their MDP ever) when they offered to accompany us into the UjW to protect FOK from bandwagoners, even though this may have been a suicide mission if we ended up needing to do it. They fought in the WotC and in Karma, in the latter doing something that infuriated us because they believed it was the right thing. And so on. So now, you're absolutely wrong about the Gramlins "talking tough and doing nothing." And I agree with HellAngel that it's highly amusing to see such a claim coming from a member of NSO.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1311995595' post='2767410']
Schatt,

I think you are mistaken as to what this bloc is, what it's going to do, and in what manner it might approach things.[/quote]
Good, I hope so.
[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1311995595' post='2767410'] Don't let your dislike of some individuals, allow your vision to be clouded in judgement. You're better than that.
[/quote]
You guys need to begin to understand that this is a discussion forum. This is where we discuss things. As long as you translate criticism, negative opinions, or analysis you don't like into personal dislike, or as long as you fail to understand that I can have an opinion without it being based on personal dislike, you're going to miss out on the discussion. I think [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dawn"]I've proven[/url] I can make big decisions regardless of personal conflicts. It is a silly annoyance and a distraction to the discussion for you to come in here and claim that I have a personal problem while I'm having a constructive conversation with 4 people in PF alliances despite Crymson's retarded heckling. In fact I am the only person discussing PF; wrong, right, way off base, I am talking about Pillowfort, not Schattenmann, maybe you can follow my example. Separate me from your arguments, it's dumb. What's so silly is I don't even dislike TOP; I joined TOP for a reason.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312052252' post='2767760']
You guys need to begin to understand that this is a discussion forum. This is where we discuss things. As long as you translate criticism, negative opinions, or analysis you don't like into personal dislike, or as long as you fail to understand that I can have an opinion without it being based on personal dislike, you're going to miss out on the discussion.
[/quote]

And if that happens we could have a much better OWF. Unhappily this is just an utopia.