A joint announcement

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1311847251' post='2766062']
You're correct they received their rewards by standing by and watching you get slapped around for spying. Then because of your actions in the BPW, noone gave 2 !@#$% about the CB. Yep you really showed TOP, you showed the world you can't be trusted.

On another note its good to see this finally announced. Go figure TOP was the last one to confirm their votes. :TOPSPEED:

TOP :wub:
[/quote]
Grämlins should probably put a sign on the door that says "please leave all TOP-NpO drama at the door." Which alliance do you belong to, dude?

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1311839254' post='2766036']
I love this quote because we aren't the ones pushing. TOP did their best to screw us over already with the 'secret terms' and they got their just rewards.
For us the matter ended there.

TOP are now pushing and chest thumping like crazy, I hope they listen to your wise and correct words.
[/quote]
Yeah, thanks for answering my question; with all this Polaris crap I was curious as to whether Polaris has been plotting against TOP or if TOP is hellbent on the 3rd Polaris curbstomp in 3 years now that they finally hitched their wagons to more ambitious alliances [i]again.[/i]
[hr]
If PF is to be one more vehicle for 4-yr-old grudgematches then whoopdy-doo. Congrats to Grämlins for allowing yourselves to be enlisted in other people's crap again, too bad for tainting yourselves Basketball Ninjas, merge into TOP Argent, and why go to the trouble TOP DH would gladly have done it and saved the trouble of a new bloc. The first impression is the one that counts and frankly I'm underwhelmed. I see no definition for existence except TOP and TOP's extra-PF allies hooting about NpO[i] again[/i], and a bunch of other cool yet unremarkable alliances allowing thimselves to be co-opted. One can only hope that Grämlins' sense of honor is once again a thorn in the side of their more cro-magnon allies.

We've done 2008. Give me something new. The Cult of Justitia could roll Polaris, it's not an accomplishment.

On a more positive note:
[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1311838104' post='2766031']
That gremlin riding that platypus is pretty sweet. Also there is finally a bloc that can compete with PB statswise. Good luck guys, I'm looking forward to see the next war. Hail to Pregnant Females!

[size="1"]Polar is boned[/size]
[/quote]
I lol'ed. The stats might be close but there are more brains in Bob Janova's pinky than in all of PB. No competition.

Edited by Schattenmann

I think we can all agree that penile flaccidity is pretty common condition that, in some cases, requires potent formulas to remedy. However, in this case, I think we can also all agree that nearly perpetual fornication is achievable by the members of this precisely focused bloc and so the previously forementioned condition is not an issue.

Congratulations on what I am sure will be a perennially fraternal group.

Edited by Joe Izuzu

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311884467' post='2766361']
The Cult of Justitia could roll Polaris, it's not an accomplishment.
[/quote]

Schattenmann, CoJ couldn't hope to roll NpO on their worst day. I would consider it an accomplishment if CoJ rolled anything.

Grämlins should probably put a sign on the door that says "please leave all TOP-NpO drama at the door." Which alliance do you belong to, dude?

Yeah, thanks for answering my question; with all this Polaris crap I was curious as to whether Polaris has been plotting against TOP or if TOP is hellbent on the 3rd Polaris curbstomp in 3 years now that they finally hitched their wagons to more ambitious alliances [i]again.[/i]
[hr]
If PF is to be one more vehicle for 4-yr-old grudgematches then whoopdy-doo. Congrats to Grämlins for allowing yourselves to be enlisted in other people's crap again, too bad for tainting yourselves Basketball Ninjas, merge into TOP Argent, and why go to the trouble TOP DH would gladly have done it and saved the trouble of a new bloc. The first impression is the one that counts and frankly I'm underwhelmed. I see no definition for existence except TOP and TOP's extra-PF allies hooting about NpO[i] again[/i], and a bunch of other cool yet unremarkable alliances allowing thimselves to be co-opted. One can only hope that Grämlins' sense of honor is once again a thorn in the side of their more cro-magnon allies.

We've done 2008. Give me something new. The Cult of Justitia could roll Polaris, it's not an accomplishment.
[/quote]
My friend, you're so wrong on so many levels.

First, Timber will always be a Paradoxian :colbert:

Second, We demolished Polaris once and dropped it. We never saw them as an enemy again until recent after they back stabbed us. We actually got over the fact that they were once our enemies and invited them over to an AtF on our forums. That Q&A went very well and we actually gained a lot of new found respect for Polaris. Enough respect to trust Polaris in BPW, which they proved that they can't be trusted. We never had the problem, they did. Our response to that will be karma and if Polaris are men of honour (doubt it) then they will drop it or they will sneak in the dark like the sniveling !@#$%*es that they are.

Prostate Failure isn't a roll polar bloc, it's a bloc that's been built on friendship over the years. And if you don't think so, then you're wrong.

[hr]

On a more positive note:

I lol'ed. The stats might be close but there are more brains in Bob Janova's pinky than in all of PB. No competition.
[/quote]Then transplant us Sith and give us some serious muscle to work with for once.

Hey, Crymson, you already know that the NSO is good at pointing out potential military disasters before they happen, right? Sounds like something you could really use. And hey, we've got no baggage this time around. [url="http://www.newsithorder.info/boards/index.php"] Drop us a line at our forums, and maybe we can work something out.[/url]

We don't have a lot of love for Polar either ... and Grub seems intent on keeping the drama alive, it's not just TOP and ex-TOP. And TOP's sense of honour is quite sufficient not to attack without good reason (before the Bipolar pre-empt is brought up, that was a front that would have opened anyway and everyone knew it) – they avoided the temptation to pile on in the last war, after all.

This bloc serves no direct purpose at this time other than to bring some like minded alliances together and give us all an FA focus. There is no 'great evil' to set up against, and no direct threats to our security (although obviously this bloc gives us all a more secure footing for that, particularly those of us who were formerly outside the web).

[quote]The Cult of Justitia could roll Polaris[/quote]
I would like to watch this.

HoT, I think you've been putting unrealistic expectations on us. Even with Syz at the helm, Grämlins has always been about pragmatic moralism, not white knight charges into pointless failures. And we came back to have our community back, not to fulfil your moralist ambitions by proxy. You will see a principled FA but you won't see some kind of moralist dream.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

In which case, Janova, I wish you all the best of luck.

It's refreshing to not see some kind of pointless posturing in the formation of a bloc for once. Or from you for that matter. But still, good to see. Good luck in whatever it is you plan on doing.

Ah, right, in case I missed it, do you lot have a public IRC channel?

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1311885417' post='2766377']
Schattenmann, CoJ couldn't hope to roll NpO on their worst day. I would consider it an accomplishment if CoJ rolled anything.
[/quote]
CoJ rolled 57th Overlanders defensively with 1/4 as many nations. Tada.
[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1311885781' post='2766381']
[/quote]
It's easy, we stick Operative Midnight in there then send a cordial invite to everyone that hates NpO. I say why mess with a plan that already works?

Come on you two, you know exactly what I meant.

Replies to the rest post-commute.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311886416' post='2766391']
CoJ rolled 57th Overlanders defensively with 1/4 as many nations. Tada.

[/quote]
The 57th Overlanders are not Polaris. Like them or not, you have to acknowledge the Polar knows how to fight.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1311878121' post='2766300']
Gremlins came back, and was touting their "The world needs us because it's broken!" nonsense. For a second, I thought they just might be serious about bringing change.

Rather sad to see them so happily nestle themselves in at the top of the power structure. But I suppose that's to be expected. Everyone's a liar and a hypocrite these days.
[/quote]
I'm sorry to tell you this, but "Grämlins is broken so we are here to fix it" does NOT equal to "The world needs us because it's broken!"

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1311885905' post='2766383']
In which case, Janova, I wish you all the best of luck.

It's refreshing to not see some kind of pointless posturing in the formation of a bloc for once. Or from you for that matter. But still, good to see. Good luck in whatever it is you plan on doing.

Ah, right, in case I missed it, do you lot have a public IRC channel?
[/quote]
#OMFG #Paradox #BN # Argent #Gremlins ;)
you can also use #prostatefailure, but it might be a bit empty at times...

We don't have a lot of love for Polar either ... and Grub seems intent on keeping the drama alive, it's not just TOP and ex-TOP. And TOP's sense of honour is quite sufficient not to attack without good reason (before the Bipolar pre-empt is brought up, that was a front that would have opened anyway and everyone knew it) – they avoided the temptation to pile on in the last war, after all.

This bloc serves no direct purpose at this time other than to bring some like minded alliances together and give us all an FA focus. There is no 'great evil' to set up against, and no direct threats to our security (although obviously this bloc gives us all a more secure footing for that, particularly those of us who were formerly outside the web).

HoT, I think you've been putting unrealistic expectations on us. Even with Syz at the helm, Grämlins has always been about pragmatic moralism, not white knight charges into pointless failures. And we came back to have our community back, not to fulfil your moralist ambitions by proxy. You will see a principled FA but you won't see some kind of moralist dream.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!
[/quote]
Nobody is asking you to be a white knight. It's just expected that if you're going to wave an banner of moralism of any color, that you won't seat yourself next to alliances who are almost universally regarded as immoral, spiteful jackholes. Not PF necessarily, but the groups that are attached at the hip to PF.

You don't have to be a white knight, but that doesn't mean you automatically have to be a black knight.

But I guess a quick ticket to power is just too appealing, eh? Congrats on being the latest tool of DH/PB.

Edited by HeroofTime55

We don't have a lot of love for Polar either ... and Grub seems intent on keeping the drama alive, it's not just TOP and ex-TOP. [b]And TOP's sense of honour is quite sufficient not to attack without good reason[/b] (before the Bipolar pre-empt is brought up, that was a front that would have opened anyway and everyone knew it) – they avoided the temptation to pile on in the last war, after all.
[/quote]

Since when has TOP had a sense of honor? Or started wars for good reasons, for that matter?

Anyway, congratulations, took you long enough to get around to it, etc.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1311888925' post='2766416']
Nobody is asking you to be a white knight. It's just expected that if you're going to wave an banner of moralism of any color, that you won't seat yourself next to alliances who are almost universally regarded as immoral, spiteful jackholes. Not PF necessarily, but the groups that are attached at the hip to PF.

You don't have to be a white knight, but that doesn't mean you automatically have to be a black knight.

But I guess a quick ticket to power is just too appealing, eh? Congrats on being the latest tool of DH/PB.
[/quote]

Attached at the hip? I fail to see this. Yes some alliances have OTP, but the main fact is that this bloc has less OTP than any other bloc and ultimately is tied to less power structures. I think we did a pretty good job gathering alliances of like-mindedness that have minimal OTP. Add that to the fact that these alliances are much more independent in thought than the multitude of alliances out there that simply tag along because their friends are and again I fail to see how we are so closely tied to PB/DH, or anyone for that matter.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1311885569' post='2766379']
Hey, Crymson, you already know that the NSO is good at pointing out potential military disasters before they happen, right? Sounds like something you could really use. And hey, we've got no baggage this time around. [url="http://www.newsithorder.info/boards/index.php"] Drop us a line at our forums, and maybe we can work something out.[/url]
[/quote]

I think it's fairly sad that your attempt to insult TOP centers around someone who has deliberately absented himself from government for 18 months. But I guess it's not out of the question that you're one of those, err, [i]very special[/i] individuals who think I'm still in power.

Have fun.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1311890210' post='2766428']
Attached at the hip? I fail to see this. Yes some alliances have OTP, but the main fact is that this bloc has less OTP than any other bloc and ultimately is tied to less power structures. I think we did a pretty good job gathering alliances of like-mindedness that have minimal OTP. Add that to the fact that these alliances are much more independent in thought than the multitude of alliances out there that simply tag along because their friends are and again I fail to see how we are so closely tied to PB/DH, or anyone for that matter.
[/quote]
IDK, could have something to do with the TOP-MK treaty. Just a wild theory of mine, I guess not everyone considers a direct treaty to be "closely tied."

And for all the times people have claimed to be "independent" and "free thinking" there are just as many times that they blindly tag along with their treaty partners. Now, I will grant, that I believe that is what you're supposed to do with a treaty; The "independent thinking" occurs when you decide to sign a treaty. Hence, why this means that you're just going to get dragged along with PB/DH's next curbie. All the flowery words in the world won't stop the reality of the situation.

Yes, you got us, one treaty from one member of the bloc to an alliance which is the smaller partner in that treaty relationship is attaching ourselves to Doomhouse. Don't be silly, sir. And if you think we didn't talk about the issue of OTPs before signing a bloc, after the experience of Citadel, you're an idiot.

Congrats to Grämlins for allowing yourselves to be enlisted in other people's crap again, too bad for tainting yourselves Basketball Ninjas, merge into TOP Argent, and why go to the trouble TOP DH would gladly have done it and saved the trouble of a new bloc. The first impression is the one that counts and frankly I'm underwhelmed. I see no definition for existence except TOP and TOP's extra-PF allies hooting about NpO[i] again[/i], and a bunch of other cool yet unremarkable alliances allowing thimselves to be co-opted. One can only hope that Grämlins' sense of honor is once again a thorn in the side of their more cro-magnon allies.
[/quote]

Oh Schat...shows how little you know us, truly. While I like those TOP peeps, there's no way Argent is compatible for the most part. Plus I'd never be in the same alliance as Blue. If they let us ZI Calzone, maybe OMFG would be an option, Umbrella would have a chance if they shared some of that Goon tech. Never a TOP with that Blue guy though.

Will NpO get punched in the sack? Likely. Would it be best to be during the course of an existing war? Assuredly. Is it fun to bait Grub? Definitely. We know he'll rise to the occasion, and it's always good to generate a little rivalry. We get bored hating most of you from our ivory tower, sometimes you have to outright proclaim the dislike. Plus, I like to hope that some of the few alliances I don't dislike, like STA, manage to extricate themselves from the tracks before the train comes through. They deserve better. (except Lakerzz)

This isn't TOP and Friends. It's just Friends.

senseless babble
[/quote]

Good old Schattenman... anything to be noticed. Whether it takes flip-flopping, screaming about subjective morality or making up charges that hardly carry any sense at all, we can count to make every effort to attract attention to yourself.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1311839254' post='2766036']
I love this quote because we aren't the ones pushing. TOP did their best to screw us over already with the 'secret terms' and they got their just rewards.
[/quote]

I find it very funny that you say this in an attempt to make it seem like you had justification and a "master plan" to betray us and you expect people to believe it. Even you know it's untrue. Let's take a moment to remember that those terms were approved by all seven alliances engaged in war against you. And let's take a moment to remember that upon exiting terms after the WotC, you immediately signed a treaty with the alliance responsible for requesting most of the secret terms (including in your alliance's eyes the most grievous one, replacing Grub with Griswalds). And let's also take a moment to recall that upon exiting terms, you signed a treaty with an alliance that urged the rest of us to accept the requests of the aforementioned alliance. Let's look at the fact that you've done your best to develop a close relationship with FARK, one of the alliances that okayed the private terms. Where did the hate for all of those alliances go? Whoops! That's right: you never carried some enduring hate for any of us, nor did you have some special revilement for TOP that drove you to betray TOP when the opportunity presented itself. Your own alliance's actions prove that.

Like I've said before, Dajobo, you should really stop thinking that you're cleverer than everyone else; it just ain't so.