Mutual Aggression and Hate on Legion and Invicta Pact

Jgoods45

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1309208147' post='2742910']
We lost 58% of our NS. The war didn't end because the siths had to put down the light sabres and go home for dinner
[/quote]
You note that we don't have any evidence of how much NSO lost, because they [b]fell out of the top 100 alliances[/b] from the damage they took, which at that point was more than you. To say you lost more than them percentage wise (unless you have the stats to back it) is ridiculous, because they lost quite a large chunk of their NS, and probably would have lost significantly more than you if they had been well rested. At the point in which they fell out of the top 100, they had lost 9% more of their NS than you had.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309208477' post='2742914']
You note that we don't have any evidence of how much NSO lost, because they [b]fell out of the top 100 alliances[/b] from the damage they took, which at that point was more than you. To say you lost more than them percentage wise (unless you have the stats to back it) is ridiculous, because they lost quite a large chunk of their NS, and probably would have lost significantly more than you if they had been well rested. At the point in which they fell out of the top 100, they had lost 9% more of their NS than you had.
[/quote]

One of them claimed a page or so that they lost 50% of their NS. I accept that given the rest of the information he has posted he's made up that this figure may be wrong.

I thought this was kinda dumb at first but it appears to be wildly successful in upsetting the targets, so I have to give credit where it's due.

Side note, I really, [b]really[/b] hope you Legion members don't actually think you fought harder, better, or longer than NSO.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1309208714' post='2742916']
One of them claimed a page or so that they lost 50% of their NS. I accept that given the rest of the information he has posted he's made up that this figure may be wrong.
[/quote]
You would be wrong. Sad to see the attempts to belittle NSO's commitment.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1309208758' post='2742918']
I thought this was kinda dumb at first but it appears to be wildly successful in upsetting the targets, so I have to give credit where it's due.

Side note, I really, [b]really[/b] hope you Legion members don't actually think you fought harder, better, or longer than NSO.
[/quote]
Apparently they do, and NSO are terrible liars for deceiving the public like they are. :rolleyes:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[/quote]
Aren't you supposed to be out declaring on SOS or something? I could've sworn I heard that somewhere. :v:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309208900' post='2742921']
You would be wrong. Sad to see the attempts to belittle NSO's commitment.

Apparently they do, and NSO are terrible liars for deceiving the public like they are. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

We don't have a "Council of Lies" and Master for nothing ;)

[quote name='Kivan' timestamp='1309209805' post='2742928']
ok. has everyone had their say and can we move on. this is getting as retarded and boring as Dune.

Edit: and i mean the book.
[/quote]

Can we please not comepare this fail to 1 of my all time Fav books/series.

As a member of Athens during the war, no Legion, you didnt fight. What few left PM just sat there and waited to be declared on and got pounded into dust. Several who NEVER left peace mode had rather large warchests and couldve inflicted some pretty good damage on the way down but alas that makes too much sense for Legion

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309208286' post='2742911']
And Legion hadn't even started fighting at that point :)
[/quote]
C'mon you and I both know that the Legion didn't fight at all. As WickedJ pointed out the only thing Legion nation's did once they were out of peacemode was just sit there.

Edit: Should point out I was in =LOST= at the time. There were very few Legion targets available out of PM and the ones that were, were useless.

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309209456' post='2742926']
Aren't you supposed to be out declaring on SOS or something? I could've sworn I heard that somewhere. :v:
[/quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about, sir, and am somewhat put off by your manner of speaking.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309136686' post='2742314']
Seriously? You misinterpreted the comment and then said I needed therapy. Come on. Not ok dude. When one of your members makes a comment about people should see the true side of Legion, I don't think you serve your alliance well by launching into personal attacks against your detractors.[/quote]

If you took it as a personal attack I apologize. It was not my intent to characterize you personally, and it is my fault that a poor choice of words made it seem so. The point that I was trying to get across was that holding a grudge for 5 years is a terrible burden that can have consequences.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309219544' post='2743007']
If you took it as a personal attack I apologize. It was not my intent to characterize you personally, and it is my fault that a poor choice of words made it seem so. The point that I was trying to get across was that holding a grudge for 5 years is a terrible burden that can have consequences.
[/quote]
Fair enough. And as stated, you misinterpreted. There is no grudge from 5 years ago, but seeing the current state of affairs v what it was then disappoints me. When I look at you now, I don't like what I see.

Im not going to lie, but what is the grudge some people hold on Legion? I was in NpO in '08 and MHA from '09 to '10, little alliances, and back in '11 and now in NPL. Whats going on because i do remember Legion but what war?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1309169439' post='2742608']
There's a difference between saying that I personally require therapy and have severe psychological damage and a treaty, sorry.
[/quote]

They're both personal attacks. You attacked his alliance on the OWF through this personal treaty, he attacked back by insulting your person. Did you not expect that?

NSO lost about the same percentage wise as Legion. They started at 1,659,579 NS on the 29th of January and ended the war on the 24th of March at 943,993 NS, a lose of 715,586 NS or 43.1% of their start strength. Legion lost 5,371,316 or 58.6% of their start strength. If anyone cares to dispute the numbers, feel free.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1309220947' post='2743020']
They're both personal attacks. You attacked his alliance on the OWF through this personal treaty, he attacked back by insulting your person. Did you not expect that?
[/quote]
IC OOC line. period.

[quote name='FearUnited' timestamp='1309220785' post='2743016']
Im not going to lie, but what is the grudge some people hold on Legion? I was in NpO in '08 and MHA from '09 to '10, little alliances, and back in '11 and now in NPL. Whats going on because i do remember Legion but what war?
[/quote]

The last several pages should adequately address this.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1309220947' post='2743020']

NSO lost about the same percentage wise as Legion. They started at 1,659,579 NS on the 29th of January and ended the war on the 24th of March at 943,993 NS, a lose of 715,586 NS or 43.1% of their start strength. Legion lost 5,371,316 or 58.6% of their start strength. If anyone cares to dispute the numbers, feel free.
[/quote]
You realise Legion lost 70+ members to another realm/alliance/POW Camp during this time.
I'd guess that is where a good chunk of their losses came from.

Why are people even comparing or caring who did more damage between NSO and Legion? Both alliances fought on the same side in the recent war, Legion stuck it out despite the length of it. That earns Legion some respect from me, although its disappointing to see others who fought on the same side as them trying to put them down and dismiss their war efforts as meaningless. All this hating on Legion seems to be popular among the hegemony alliances, who usually end up in opposition with Legion. However seeing the alliances who usually end up fighting on the same side as Legion taking part in this hate fest just to get on the good side of the hegemonic alliances is disgusting.

Edited by Methrage

Seriously? You misinterpreted the comment... .[/quote]

What did I misinterpret? You said in 2006 the Legion was "alright", but after that the Legion went downhill. My claim that you were misinformed is based on what I know of the Legion. That it's been very good to me, we have persevered through tremendous hardships, and that we continue to act with honor and dignity in standing by each other and our allies. It seems that your hatred for us is based on either very little or nothing at all. So enlighten me; what specifically have we done to your or yours that inspires that hatred?

I was a bank, not a fighter for a year. I had a grand total of 50 tech and 5999 infra. How many nations in Legion can say that? Those that can I wouldn't hold not fighting against, because they would have been absolutely useless in a war. There's a difference between using something as a shield against attack, and being unable to fight (by virtue of being away or being a bank).[/quote]

You hinted at what could be the source of your vitriol by calling us, and I quote "Sheep calling others sheep.". I take that to mean that you think that we're cowards. I find that peculiar because you didn't even fight in the last war. I guess in your eyes being a bank is a valid reason for using PM, but to me if you didn't fight you shouldn't complain when you think others didn't. Just so we're crystal clear on this I fought, a hell of a lot of other Legionnaires fought, and as you know I don't take it very well when some claim otherwise.

Also, if you knew anything about me personally, you'd know I'd fought in a fair amount of wars, I just never build up my nation very much. I've sent out over a billion in aid in the course of my time here, and quite a lot of tech (I was a T3 in MK for 6 months). I haven't "sat out" of a single war besides the last one that my alliance was involved in, [u]but if your nation never gets a chance to get over 4999 infra, you don't tend to rack up a lot of casualties[/u]. I wouldn't claim to be an accomplished warfighter, because I'm not, but I damn sure am better than 90% of what you can throw out (having fought Legion multiple times, sure of this). Don't attempt to call me out again, it won't work better.[/quote]

I beg to differ. This particular Sheep has over a 1,000,000 non-raid casualties in just 3 wars, and guess what I've never been over 4999 Infra. Also save the "I don't have any tech argument" as I had 2K Tech in Bi-Polar, which I aiding out to help others rebuild afterwards. Doing that I went all the way down to selling (50T) and then back up to nearly 3K before the VE/NpO/PB/NPO/DH war (what the hell is that war called anyway).

No, its inappropriate because its a term of surrender that you signed and agreed to (thus IC, in case you were wondering). I'm as inappropriate as it gets, but when it comes to something I agreed to do...pathetic.[/quote]

The term was a picture of a specific theme. There were no specifications on where it needed to be posted and the authors of the term had full access to the product of their own orders. We complied with the term, and have heard no complaint about it except from you who had nothing to do with the Surrender at all.

[/quote]

The only reason we didn't fight longer than NSO was because we didn't have the leader of our alliance agree to change sides and attack his allies. RV put you guys right in the same category as TOP with that stunt. Complain about C&G/PB/DH for several months, attack them, get your butts handed to you, and then become their bestest buddies. How long do you think it's going to be before you're signing with the Shrooms, TLr, or another of the "We not the New Hegemony" Hegemony?