UINE Announcement

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307683863' post='2728456']
Yes, what is done is done. Maybe this war was precedented, yes. I do not doubt that R&R is a respectable alliance considering that peace terms have come along which to me are not harsh but on the contrary, rather reasonable. I will speak the truth and say that I myself was rather inactive throughout these months but I definitely would have done something to help but alas, it was not possible for me. I can not speak on behalf of the other government members but as me, Piratemonkey the Minister of Internal Affairs, I would like to apologize for the actions of our ex-leader Keve and for our governments actions, or in this case no action at all.

I hope we can prove to you one day that we have changed. Obviously we have not completely changed yet, but are definitely on track.

Best of luck in the future.
[/quote]
It really took a long time for Keve's lapdog alliance to become R&R's lapdog alliance.

Not that that's a criticism of R&R, it's more of an observation of the harsh reality of running a micro alliance; sucking up, to whoever is convenient.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1307713380' post='2728589']
It really took a long time for Keve's lapdog alliance to become R&R's lapdog alliance.

Not that that's a criticism of R&R, it's more of an observation of the harsh reality of running a micro alliance; sucking up, to whoever is convenient.
[/quote]
Yes it is agreeable that micro-alliances must suck up to whoever convenient. I just hope that "whoever convenient" won't have to be R&R for much longer after these terms are completed.

The terms you agreed to were !@#$ and RnR was !@#$ to tell you how you HAD to do stuff and have *eternal* terms.

You should feel embarrassed that you had to change the charter like this, but RnR should be embarrassed that they made you change is like this.

If an alliance wants to fail, you should let it, and not be a bunch of imperialistic asses who parade under the banner of virtue but walk under the banner of imperialism and the inaccurate sense of superiority.

Good job, you all suck.

Edit: Keve for Emperor!

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1307751404' post='2728884']
Good job, you all suck.

Edit: Keve for Emperor!
[/quote]
looks like all you want is UINE to fail. We actually did not want to fail so we accepted the terms. Why doesn't that make sense to anyone? There have been much harsher terms in the history of Planet Bob.

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307753130' post='2728910']
looks like all you want is UINE to fail. We actually did not want to fail so we accepted the terms. Why doesn't that make sense to anyone? There have been much harsher terms in the history of Planet Bob.
[/quote]

Honestly, as incompetent as Keve was, the rest of your members make him look like a shining beacon of superior alliance leadership.

[quote name='MajorLu' timestamp='1307508095' post='2726669']
Note: I originally incorporated democratic reforms into the UINE charter about two years ago to great difficulty. It was removed about a year ago. So on the bright side this event has allowed me to re-incorporate my former democratic policies into UINE.
[/quote]

It almost seems you couldn't implement the changes you wanted in UINE and used RnR's intervention as an excuse. Did you by any chance ask them to impose charter reforms on you? :unsure:

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1307766919' post='2729020']
It almost seems you couldn't implement the changes you wanted in UINE and used RnR's intervention as an excuse. Did you by any chance ask them to impose charter reforms on you? :unsure:
[/quote]
Or he's just trying to find the bright side to a horrible situation. R&R forcing us to out Keve gives us a chance to elect a new leader. It's not that complicated.

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307768088' post='2729029']
Or he's just trying to find the bright side to a horrible situation. R&R forcing us to out Keve gives us a chance to elect a new leader. It's not that complicated.
[/quote]

Well...

[quote name='MajorLu' timestamp='1307508095' post='2726669']
Note: I originally incorporated democratic reforms into the UINE charter about two years ago to great difficulty. It was removed about a year ago. So on the bright side this event has allowed me to re-incorporate my former democratic policies into UINE.
[/quote]

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307660345' post='2728200']
Alliances should contact more than just two government officials if needed not start out a huge war. If someone had contacted me I would have helped in some way but it seems to me like RnR really didn't want reps, they wanted a another war.
[/quote]

No, your government should expect higher from your absolute leadership.
And I'm sorry, but did you call this war huge?
(Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize you lost 2 thousand NS)

Hush your mouth, pay more attention, and hold your superiors accountable.

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307747012' post='2728846']
Yes it is agreeable that micro-alliances must suck up to whoever convenient. I just hope that "whoever convenient" won't have to be R&R for much longer after these terms are completed.
[/quote]

R&R's a micro?

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1307770872' post='2729047']

R&R's a micro?
[/quote]

Nah, he meant UINE is a micro. They've been knocked around so much the past few months that they are kinda at that size atm, but they will rebuild. Especially with the help of MCXA banks.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1307770872' post='2729047']
No, your government should expect higher from your absolute leadership.
And I'm sorry, but did you call this war huge?
(Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize you lost 2 thousand NS)

Hush your mouth, pay more attention, and hold your superiors accountable.
[/quote]
A huge war as in for UINE. We lost more than 300k strength (for an alliance the size of UINE that's a lot. At one point we used to be more than 2mil strength and now we are a bit over 500k) and I lost more than half of my ns along with many other nations. So maybe it didn't matter for your alliance nor your nation but hey, looks like it mattered for us.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1307770153' post='2729040']
Well...
[/quote]
restating a quote does nothing. If you haven't noticed, Lu uses the same exact words as I used.

Apparently "on the bright side" doesn't seem to mean much to people now-a-days. It seems to now have a deeper meaning of conspiracy.

Yeah...

Edited by Piratemonkey530

[quote name='Piratemonkey530' timestamp='1307772569' post='2729062']
restating a quote does nothing. If you haven't noticed, Lu uses the same exact words as I used.

Apparently "on the bright side" doesn't seem to mean much to people now-a-days. It seems to now have a deeper meaning of conspiracy.

Yeah...
[/quote]

This event allowed him to re-incorporate some charter changes he made 2 years ago and were removed last year. Key word being [b]allowed[/b]. Hence my observation that it almost seems he couldn't implement them on his own and the RnR terms gave him an excuse to do so going around whatever that was not allowing him to.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1307771430' post='2729052']
Nah, he meant UINE is a micro. They've been knocked around so much the past few months that they are kinda at that size atm, but they will rebuild. Especially with the help of MCXA banks.
[/quote]

... the perfect match :)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1307772786' post='2729066']
This event allowed him to re-incorporate some charter changes he made 2 years ago and were removed last year. Key word being [b]allowed[/b]. Hence my observation that it almost seems he couldn't implement them on his own and the RnR terms gave him an excuse to do so going around whatever that was not allowing him to.
[/quote]

Just because something's now 'allowed' doesn't mean it wasn't earlier... and I think we were going to re-incorporate those changes before we signed the peace treaty anyway.

[/quote]
:)

[/quote]
That $6m is gonna go a long way there buddy :P
(I hope you hold true to this statement and actually do help, im just not seeing much so far)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1307772786' post='2729066']
[/quote]
In a way you are correct. We would not have needs for an election if Keve was still the emperor and everything was normal considering Lu was not emperor and could not make those changes. Now that this event happened and the peace terms forcing Keve out of power Lu had the ability to change what he wanted. Do I think that it was intentional? I don't think so. I don't think Lu wanted a war so that he could take control and shove in democratic reforms.

[quote name='The Archduke' timestamp='1307797434' post='2729145']
Just because something's now 'allowed' doesn't mean it wasn't earlier... and I think we were going to re-incorporate those changes before we signed the peace treaty anyway.

:)
[/quote]

You also thought you would have payed those reps 6 months ago.
Thought you were going to remove Keve on your own, but only started after a war broke out because of him...
Then you thought you were going to coup him to save your own skin...

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1307805673' post='2729206']
You also thought you would have payed those reps 6 months ago.
Thought you were going to remove Keve on your own, but only started after a war broke out because of him...
Then you thought you were going to coup him to save your own skin...
[/quote]

Interesting... a constitutional change in accordance with the previous constitution and stated constitutional convention now constitutes a coup.

And of course we removed Keve after we discovered he made a really big mistake. Are you suggesting it would have been more appropriate to remove him before? Just because we didn't possess foresight earlier is no excuse for demanding it with the advantage of hindsight.

The reason why MCXA has not yet given us much aid yet is because we haven't yet asked for much... members seem too proud to accept their great generosity, or wish to ensure that other members more in need get assistance first.

Whats done is done, no matter how much we bicker about how good or bad it was nothing can change whats already been done. The only thing we can do now is see what happens next, and whether that will be good or bad, maybe whats going on with UINE will benefit them for the better and maybe it will just make things a heck of a lot worse. only time will tell. But basically there only options are to either continue to change their ways, merge or disband.

I think you guys were treated unfairly when given terms which included clauses that never expire, hopefully RnR releases you from those terms as well after you've completed the ones you can get done as a show of good will. You guys being a little late in paying all the reps Kevin planned to pay them as reason to decide how your gov will function from now on seems like them trying to dictate things which shouldn't be their concern once its all paid off.

Edited by Methrage