UINE Announcement

[img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/1/15/Xba5g6.png[/img]

I would like to proudly announce the new UINE charter.

Significant changes made are:

1. Former veto powers for the Emperor has been removed
2. The Prime Minister's power will now be checked by the remaining government if necessary
3. The tech raiding policy has been appropriately adapted
4. Democratic reforms are once again incorporated into the charter

Note: I originally incorporated democratic reforms into the UINE charter about two years ago to great difficulty. It was removed about a year ago. So on the bright side this event has allowed me to re-incorporate my former democratic policies into UINE.

The Charter itself:

[quote]UINE Constitution
Section I - Preamble: The Union of Integrated National Entities came into existence on the 23 day of March in the year of our lord 2009. The purpose of this union of states is to empower those nations whom wish to grow, to be supported and to make a difference in the world. The goals of the commonwealth are to bring wealth, power, support and strength to its member nations.

Section II – Government Hierarchy: Different from other international coalitions in goal and purpose the Union of Integrated National Entities needs a different form of government. The Union of Integrated National Entities is to be organized in the following manner. The ultimate head of the alliance is the Emperor, under him lays the Prime Minister who handle all the everyday concerns of the alliance, the Prime Minister are aided in their tasks and responsibilities by the Ministers and their respective teams. Finally, the remainder of the membership, known as the Signatory Nations make up the core of the UINE membership.

II.i) Signatory Nations: The Union of Integrated National Entities signatory nations have many privileges and duties. Firstly, they will be protected at all times by the alliance, with all means at the alliances disposition. However, this does not apply to raids on single unaligned nations with no alliances, on whom the signatory nation has first declared war. Secondly, they have the right to make use of all services offered by the alliance. Thirdly, they have the freedom of speech and opinion on the alliance forums. Fourthly, all other conditions equal, signatory nations will be considered before foreign nations in business and economic partnerships. Signatory nations are obliged to fulfill the following: firstly, in times of war signatory nations must support the alliance with all resources at their disposition and obey the orders of the government. Secondly, alliance members are obliged to maintain a reasonable level of activity in cyber-nations and on the forums. Thirdly, members are obliged to keep all alliance information secret. Fourthly, nations adhere to the decrees and guidelines of this constitution and the government.

II.ii) The Ministers and their Teams: The body of Ministers of the Union of Integrated National Entities, is composed of six members, each one of them being in charge of a particular branch of government. First, the Minister of Defense (MoD); his duties consist in overseeing all that is of relevance to alliance offensive and defensive operations. This includes but is not limited to: alliance defence strategy, tactics and manoeuvres and alliance readiness. Second, the Minister of Foreign Affairs (MoFA); he is in charge of managing all embassies to foreign alliances as well as embassies in UINE territory as well developing relations with new treaty partners and maintaining existing ones. Third, the Minister of Internal Affairs (MoIA); is in charge of overseeing and organizing the individual efforts of the Ministries of Education, Recruitment and Finance. Additionally, the MoIA is in charge of ensuring member participation and activity, keeping alliance membership lists up to date and organizing mass messaging. Fourth, the Minister of Finance (MoF); he is in charge of organizing alliance wide tech deals (both selling and buying), starting up trade circles for the members of UINE as well as organizing the banking/aid efforts of the alliance. In short, he is present in all aspects of alliance growth. Fifth, the Minister of Growth (MoG); he is in charge of organizing recruitment, keeping the influx of new members high, publishing and approving recruitment messages for use by the membership and ensuring that ethical and non-falsified recruitment techniques are used. Additionally, he is in charge of teaching the fundamentals of Cyber Nations to all new members of the alliance, making sure recruits reach a certain standard of proficiency before they are permitted to become full members of the alliance, auditing member nations in game to ensure they are running at peak efficiency and training members to occupy lesser government positions. Finally, all ministers are allowed to have up to two Deputy Ministers to aid them in their task as well as a team of members to help them out in their tasks. Each minister will also produce a weekly report of his work for the Prime Minister.

II.iii) Prime Minister: handles all of the everyday functioning of the alliance. They are charged with ensuring that the individual ministries are working efficiently, discussing and voting on laws that benefit the alliance, dealing with everyday concerns, approving the initiatives of the ministers, keeping the Emperor informed on the state of the alliance, discussing and approving punishments on UINE members, discussing, approving and signing treaties as well as declaring war on a foreign alliance. The Prime Minister serves as not only the Emperors right hand, eyes and ears, but also serves in his place in his absence. The Prime Minister does not need to seek the approval of the Emperor for everyday matters and concerns; his approval is only necessary in extreme cases which will be outlined later. The Prime Minister will also put together a short weekly report on the state of the alliance for review by the Emperor.

II.iv) Emperor: The Emperor is the ultimate power in the alliance. The Emperor assumes that all decisions made by the Ministers and the Prime Minister are in the best interests of the alliance and thus is not required to give his approval for everyday decisions, mundane concerns and P.M./Minister initiatives. The Prime Minister is only obliged to seek the Emperors approval in the following matters: declarations of war, the signature and cancelation of treaties, punishments imposed on alliance members, governmental reforms as well as any other matter which is judged by either the Prime Minister or the Emperor to be of great importance for the safety and or future of the alliance. The Emperor is tasked with making a weekly address to the membership of the UINE on the state of the union. Additionally, the Emperor is tasked with making announcements concerning the alliance and presenting a public face for the rest of UINE in all open world forms of communication (including but not limited to the OWF and IRC).

Section III - Decision and Law Making: All everyday concerns, decisions and laws will be made by the Prime Minister of the UINE. The Prime Minister will only need to seek the approval of the Emperor in the aforementioned cases; however the Prime Minister’s decision can be overturned with a simple majority of voting by all available Ministers and Deputies within one day of the said decision. The Emperor also has one vote in this situation.

Section IV – Diplomacy: The diplomatic doctrine of the Union of Integrated National Entities is to be handled by the Minister of Foreign Affairs while taking into account the orders of the Prime Minister, the wishes of the Emperor and the welfare of the union. Furthermore, the Union of Integrated National Entities recognizes the importance of good relations and cooperation with other alliances. As such, any alliance making mutually beneficial propositions can expect to be well-received and treated properly by the union. The alliance also places great importance in creating strong bonds and friendships with other alliances. War is justifiable in the eyes of this union of nations as long as it can be clearly and logically shown to be beneficial for the union or the values for which it stands.

Section V – Admission: Any nation may seek admission into the Union of Integrated National Entities. Government is authorized to run as much of a background check as they believe is necessary before allowing a new member in. Additionally, new members will have to complete a certain number of tasks (under the guidance of the Minister of Growth and his team), to ensure that they have not only the will and dedication to join the alliance, but also the knowledge and skill to represent it properly. The period of time during which recruits complete these tasks is known as their apprenticeship which may last for an indefinite period of time. Once a nation has graduated from its apprenticeship period it will be allowed the full privileges of being a member as well as complete access to the forums. The Prime Minister or Emperor reserves the right to refuse the application of any nation into the alliance for any reason. Furthermore, any nation which is deemed sufficiently experienced by the Prime Minister or Emperor will be granted immediate entry as a full member.

Section VI – War and Tech Raiding: In times of war, the Prime Minister must seek the approval of the Emperor for any and all decisions they make. The Minister of Defense is the commander of all combined efforts and operations by the alliance in times of war. As such his orders must be obeyed and failure to do so is considered an act punishable. The minister of Defense must also ensure that members of the alliance maintain a reasonable level of military forces in their nations as well as adequate war-chests. Only the Emperor may formerly declare the alliance to be in a state of war, following this however the Minister of Defense will assume command of the war effort. Signatory members who wish to engage in tech raids have the right to do so, however, several conditions apply: firstly, in this case war can only be declared on a nation which is not part of an alliance. Secondly, the alliance is not responsible for any aggressive operations conducted by its members against non-aligned nations and, as such, disassociates itself completely from these conflicts. Thirdly, the government of UINE may punish any nation which uses excessive force on an offensive tech raid as it sees fit and fourthly, any reparations that must be paid by a UINE nation who went on the offensive against an ill-advised target are the SOLE responsibility of the raiding nation.

Section VII – Espionage: The Union of Integrated National Entities considers espionage to be an act of war, and will respond accordingly. Before war is declared however, the situation will normally be handled diplomatically first. The UINE disassociates itself from espionage conducted by its signatory members on other nations. If another nation or alliance were to realize that a spy from a signatory nation of the Union of Integrated National Entities had infiltrated them, then they would be asked to raise the issue on our forums. This will result in swift disciplinary action being taken against the signatory nation by the government of the UINE and compensation being paid to the wronged party. These compensations will be the SOLE responsibility of the guilty party.

Section VIII – Disciplinary Measures: The Prime Minister holds all disciplinary power for the alliance, but must seek the approval of Emperor before presenting a sentence. If a law or order is disobeyed or a wrong is committed then the Prime Minister will give the accused a fair chance to defend themselves before retiring to discuss guilt and decide on a punishment which fits the guilty’s actions.
VIII i) In times of crisis whereas the Emperor is deemed (by a majority of available ministers) to be incapable of rule, the Prime Minister can take up emergency powers by rule of edict. All of the emperor’s powers would then be transferred to the Prime Minister temporarily until the Emperor is deemed capable of rule again.

VIII ii) All government members including the Emperor are capable of being impeached and prosecuted by a court (made of government members) which would be convened when needed. If an Emperor is in the process of being impeached, the Prime Minister takes over day to day operation of UINE. If both the Emperor and Prime Minister are being impeached, the MoFA and MoD will share day to day responsibilities of both Emperor and Prime Minister as to be determined by themselves.

VIII iii) The court will have all government members hear the arguments, and as such each member will have one vote regarding the fate of the defendant. Once the decision has been made, it is effective immediately.

Section IX – Departmental Organization: Each Minister will have the complete authority to organize his area of responsibility (or department) as he sees fit in order to best accomplish the goals set forward by the Emperor and the Prime Minister of the alliance.

Section X – Replacement of Government Members:

X i) Deputy Ministers and Ministers: If a Deputy Minister were to resign or be removed from his functions by either the Prime Minister or the Minister under whom the said Deputy Minister works, the Minister would be given the privilege of choosing a new Deputy Minister. In the advent where a minister was to leave or be impeached from office, his successor would be chosen from amongst the remainder of the membership by the Emperor.

X ii) Emperors and Prime Ministers: In the advent where the Prime Minister were to resign or be impeached, the Emperor would immediately call and election and temporarily take over the duties of a Prime Minister. In the advent where the Emperor was to leave or be impeached, an election must be immediately called and the Prime Minister temporarily takes over the responsibilities of the Emperor. The new Emperor would then assume power immediately following the conclusion of elections.

Section XI – Elections: The Emperor and Prime Minister both have 6 month terms. Elections thus must be called every six months. Incumbents may run for as many consecutive terms as they wish. A winner of the elections will be determined by a simple majority.

XI i) During times of election Ministers will stay on to continue their responsibilities in government. Once the vote has been decided the newly elected Emperor and Prime Minister may decide to keep or replace any minister they wish. Ministers will not be elected. Decisions regarding any ministers must be made as a result of consultation between the Emperor and Prime Minister

XI ii) In times where there is intense debate regarding UINE policies the Emperor has the right to call a plebiscite regarding the said issue. The plebiscite will be determined through simple majority.

XII- Non Inner Circle Government Positions: At any time a lower government position may be created by the Prime Minister if they deem it necessary. These positions are subject to any rules the Prime Minister dictates and are placed either under their command or the command of a Minister selected by the Prime Minister. The purpose of these positions is to ensure that whatever future needs which are not covered in this constitution can be fulfilled.

Section XIII - Amending the Constitution: The possibility exists to amend this constitution to reflect the changing needs of the Union of Integrated National Entities. In order to amend the constitution, the following procedure will have to be followed. Firstly, the amendment will have to be proposed and accepted by the Prime Minister. Secondly, once the amendment has been debated by all of UINE, it will be subjected to approval by the Emperor. Only then does the amendment become legal.

Section XIV – Conclusion: With this constitution the Union of Integrated National Entities is now a legal coalition. With the aforementioned goals set on paper we begin our journey to the forefront of political cyber-stage. To all members of the Union of Integrated National Entities, do not despair; the task at hand is daunting, but our time will come.

Official Imperial Signature

I, MajorLu signs as acting Emperor on behalf of Keve69, 1st Emperor of Union of Integrated National Entities, declare this constitution to come into full effect as of the 7th of June 2011. May it forever be respected in goal and spirit by all signatory nations of Union of Integrated National Entities.
[/quote]

- As of this moment I will call immediate elections for the position of Emperor and Prime Minister of UINE. At the conclusion of said elections I will immediately relinquish my powers. I do not plan on running for Emperor or Prime Minister of UINE.

-UINE will continue to uphold her foreign treaty obligations with other alliances.

- I would like to thank UINE's allies for their continued support in this critical situation. Without their advice and assistance this resolution would have been far more difficult

- I would also like to thank grumppdogg, the archduke, askani, rudolph and reghar for their efforts in making this possible. And finally I would like to thank UINE member nations for their loyalty and patience in this difficult time.

Note: During this entire process my one and only goal was the quick resolution for this conflict so UINE nations can bear the least amount of damage as possible.
Edit: I forgot to mention, Keve has been officially impeached and is no longer the leader of UINE

Edited by MajorLu

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other alliances can take an example from this. Not because RnR forced charter changes on RnR, but because UINE realized that not everyone had their charter memorized and was nice enough to give us a summary of the changes.

[quote name='MajorLu' timestamp='1307508095' post='2726669']
Note: I originally incorporated democratic reforms into the UINE charter about two years ago to great difficulty. It was removed about a year ago. So on the bright side this event has allowed me to re-incorporate my former democratic policies into UINE.
[/quote]

Hmm, so the Charter has been amended over the years yet, despite an apparent desire to change it again, you needed another alliance to demand change?

You'd already "impeached" Keve before the terms were signed so I don't see anything obstructing the amendment of the Charter again by the same process changes were made before if Keve was the hurdle preventing the change before his "impeachment".

I don't have anything against UINE, but I cannot fathom accepting terms that dictate the government of my alliance or how that government operates. The fact that these terms were given to you after such a small and trivial war reflects poorly on R&R.

I wish you guys well in recovering from this humiliation.

Did Keve have the power to veto impeachments?
All I can come up with is that you realized you couldn't get rid of him and used R&R's help to do it while pretending to be forced. Otherwise I am confused.

Wabooz, Keve didn't have the power to stop himself from being impeached. Please see http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102418&st=40&p=2726869&#entry2726869. That should make the situation perfectly clear. I apologize for not clarifying the means of constitutional change earlier, I should have know some people would be curious.

By the way, the reforms in the UINE charter were already made or were in the process of being made when the terms were sent to us by RnR. Very kind of them to ask us for things we were already doing, or had already done, it makes life so much simpler.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1307508600' post='2726683']
RnR just helped turn your alliance around. I would expect some thanks to them.
[/quote]

Thanks, for starting a war over 21 million without any notice and then delaying a cease-fire with ridiculous demands after a) we comply or announce our intent to comply with their final clauses and b) we agree to pay them their reparations? You must be joking. Not that I find it very funny.

Well, that sure is peculiar. Thanks for some clarification and best of luck. I still recommend a Polar/UINE merger though.. It'd look nice in the sanction race :P

[quote name='MajorLu' timestamp='1307508095' post='2726669']
Note: I originally incorporated democratic reforms into the UINE charter about two years ago to great difficulty. It was removed about a year ago. So on the bright side this event has allowed me to re-incorporate my former democratic policies into UINE.[/quote]
So the only way your Alliance can change your Charter is if you are attacked and defeated?

And if your excuse is because "Keve wouldn't let us change it", then why the hell would you NOT coup him? Good Lord, if you have one guy at the top that is causing nothing but problems and refuses to give up power, only an apathetic goof would not even consider a coup.

In any case, good to see changes.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1307531088' post='2726871']
One word..that is just embarrising...
[/quote]
Almost as [i]embarrassing [/i] as your alliance hopping.

Disband or merge, UINE.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1307536940' post='2726909']
Almost as [i]embarrassing [/i] as your alliance hopping.

Disband or merge, UINE.
[/quote]

oh sweet Jesus Facepalm Christ, an alliance hopping insult? from you? XD

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1307537395' post='2726912']
oh sweet Jesus Facepalm Christ, an alliance hopping insult? from you? XD
[/quote]
I wouldn't really call going between certain alliances as extreme a case as Diabloz.

What I don't get is all the UINE members saying how happy they are that they surrendered their sovereignty. Are you guys really that naive and weak willed? What R&R did to you is flat out wrong. It's the stuff people hold grudges for years over and yet y'all seem to be going along with it seemingly without a clue. You guys should be embarrassed and should look for the first opportunity to take back control of your alliance. Because right now, it not really your alliance at all, its R&R's.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1307539566' post='2726926']
What I don't get is all the UINE members saying how happy they are that they surrendered their sovereignty. Are you guys really that naive and weak willed? What R&R did to you is flat out wrong. It's the stuff people hold grudges for years over and yet y'all seem to be going along with it seemingly without a clue. You guys should be embarrassed and should look for the first opportunity to take back control of your alliance. Because right now, it not really your alliance at all, its R&R's.
[/quote]
You are [i]so[/i] cute :wub:

If some members of UINE are happy that R&R enabled them to rearrange their alliance then so be it (although, they [i]are[/i] saying it was all intended/in progress before they signed anything... up to UINE to sign it into terms after less than two days of war, I guess) and I'm sure R&R are doing nothing more than sitting back and giggling at the Big Evil stigma they've generated so, instead of berating R&R for being excessive and humiliating UINE for being naive, maybe you should question who was looking out for UINE during the negotiations - I wasn't privy to anything, but surely someone else was there guiding them... right? :mellow:

Anyways... I remember 6 months back when, after being raided, we were told by UINE that "small alliances are bound to fail in this climate we are as well helping them fail a little bit faster" and more than anything, I'm just glad they're taking steps to rectify what seemed to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Honestly, best of luck guys - hope everything goes well.