Dear GOONs

Un4Gvn1

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307464631' post='2726150']
Was it cancelling on FEAR? ODN? Let me tell you I wanted UPN to try to improve relations with NPO but while trying to lead UPN in the direction the MEMBERS desired I
[/quote]

We don't hate you for cancelling on us, honestly. We hate you for being a dunce up until that point. While I was not in FEAR at the time of the cancel, I was in a channel with FEAR's gov and some members. When the news was broke that the cancellation notice was given and then the reason(s) behind it (largely because we wouldn't kiss Polar's backside), we weren't mad. In fact, we were laughing our posterior ends off at you.

Edited by Lord Boris

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I don't really know what's going on here with this, but CN is one of the tamest communities you can find on the internet. Seriously, I've seen harder crap go down on Facebook. Which just goes to show how mild we all are, considering we don't have our RL faces plastered next to everything we say and do.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1307150713' post='2723399']
If you had any kind of warchest, you could last a lot longer. poor show Piggy_Sue, poor show.
[/quote]

blah, blah, blah...

This IS a role-playing game, you pea-brained NERF heads.
[/quote]

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307465862' post='2726163']
This is almost as inappropriate as the poster that called me PiggySue (then changed the post or had it changed).
Where is the on-topic commentary? Some of you just post to flame and don't care that it makes you look stupid.
[/quote]

Wrong again...

the poster called you Piggy_Sue, it was an on-topic commentary about your poor warchest, which stands to this day unedited and in it's full comedic glory.

For all your high and mighty blabber about flaming and stupidity, your retort as noted above "pea-brained NERF heads", really?

Me thinks before calling the pot black you might want to get a new kettle.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307476546' post='2726287']
Altheus, I posted this in OOC because that is when most of the !@#$ hit the fan in terms of me choosing to not grin and go on when crap kept coming my way ... OOC crap.

Edit: Also, the fact so many of you go on merrily along socially accepting the turds that do OOC invasions makes my desire to mingle with people that accept such behavior nil.
[/quote]

Oh well. Good luck and wishing you all the best for the future whatever you might be doing.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307468776' post='2726198']
Also, I was not booted from any alliance.
I left UPN after the umpteenth time one of Fluffy's men blocked the path I knew we needed to take.
I left Pegasus under terms to try to save them. Pegasus made up her own mind to break up and fight for a couple days.
[/quote]
Alright, since you don't want to mention me by name, nor do you want to say what really happened, I'm going to rant here.

Enter UPN, December. Fluffy's Man (His name was Dexomega) takes up Tribune position to fill in a large government gap.

December 12th (give or take). Dexomega is having a particularly annoying evening and comes over to find that the Prime Minister and Tribunes are sorting an issue with GOONS. Namely an issue where one of our members (member is loose here, he hadn't graduated academy) declared on GOONS but caused no damage (he didn't attack). Dexomega and Sardonic talk, agree to mercy board (honestly I though it was proper punishment for declaring, but what the $%&@ do I know). Everyone gets pissed at Dex, they tell Sardonic to shove it (Basically that wording), Sardonic is justifiably pissed.

UPN and GOONS stand on the brink of what I knew would be a UPN dogpile. [i]NO, FOR THE LAST TIME, THEIR ALLIES WOULD HAVE JOINED, IT WASN'T GOING TO BE A GOONS-UPN WAR.[/i] I go to Polaris to see if they'll stand with us. They tell me to go back to GOONS and sort White Peace, if I can, cool! But if I can't, they are cool with standing by us. Enter more discussions with Sardonic. Our member gives him screens of him sending peace requests to the GOONS member. He accepts them, and me and him agree to walk away without any terms, white peace.

A pointless conflict avoided. I took many unilateral actions those nights that probably should have gotten me kicked out of the alliance, but I did what I knew was best for UPN, not your damned moral ideas about how GOONS wronged us. I don't like them, but I sure as hell won't go into a war that would've gotten us curbstomped and drawn our allies into something over a member being an idiot.

So, you leave not long later, sinking me with the job of being the last Government member of UPN when you took the rest with you. I stood down off the Tribunes and melted away into the shadows after Alt came back because I knew that I wasn't the person UPN needed in power. I understand this entirely. I once had believed that you were doing what was best for UPN Peggy, but recently I've become disillusioned with what your intentions really were. And now you label me as Fluffy's man.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Good luck in the future alienating those that ever had faith in you. Goodbye.

Edited by Dexomega

December wasn't a particularly good month for UPN, Dex. In fact, I'd say it was far worse than the 50 days we spent at war in defense of Polar. Indeed, the former was more or less our own doing -- or at least very much within or control; the latter not so much.

Anyway, best of luck, Peggy, in the future.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307467122' post='2726176']Walford didn't for the longest time and wasted people's time and money (including RL money) trying to keep him around.[/quote]
To be fair, Walford (albeit inactive) [i]is[/i] still around.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1307139758' post='2723299']
so wait, did we ever pin it down that Peggy was Cain or not?
[/quote]
I've crossed IPs and neither are close to similar. Sad to see you go Peggy.

Also peggysus 2.0 will live on!!!

Edited by xR1 Fatal Instinct

Of course I knew UPN was hated fairly universally and wasn't likely to have much back up on the matter of making a stand against GOONs ... but I was raised by Walford and Slayer99 and bending over for bullies was never in my blood so I had to make a stand. Also, UPN had used the 'conflicting treaties' BS and was universally seen as a ... well, I don't need a warn for saying what the world really thought of UPN ... But UPN absolutely HAD to make a stand.

(How ironic that the world stopped picking on UPN when I went solo ... UPN seems to be no longer universally hated as it was. You're welcome, UPN members.)
[/quote]

Okay I won't lie, UPN wasn't the most liked alliance in the game, but you cannot sit there and say you improved its PR. I think you took a bad situation and with your eccentric and inefficient style of leadership, ruined any PR UPN might have had.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307476546' post='2726287']
Altheus, I posted this in OOC because that is when most of the !@#$ hit the fan in terms of me choosing to not grin and go on when crap kept coming my way ... OOC crap.

Edit: Also, the fact so many of you go on merrily along socially accepting the turds that do OOC invasions makes my desire to mingle with people that accept such behavior nil.
[/quote]

I feel as though you missed the entire point of his post and just took from it what you perceived as insults.

On that note Peggy, I wish you luck. I understand this community and game has been tough on you (although on average, this community is not that bad) and that led to your demise. Although I don't agree with your actions, decisions or generally anything you said IC, I hope you do well else where because I really don't have knowledge on you OOC to make a character assessment.

Edited by Joey67500

[quote name='Joey67500' timestamp='1307492445' post='2726474']
Okay I won't lie, UPN wasn't the most liked alliance in the game, but you cannot sit there and say you improved its PR. I think you took a bad situation and with your eccentric and inefficient style of leadership, ruined any PR UPN might have had.
[/quote]
For what it's worth, when Peggy left and Alt finally worked at doing away democracy, my opinion of UPN increased tenfold. :v: Not at what it was when I signed the MDAP with them, but a hell of a lot better than that old cluster$%&@.

I mean, it's not like Peggy was pulling some Lelouch-styled Xanatos gambit, but the end result is mostly the same.

For having such superior intellect, you sure seem to make dumb errors. Two in the past couple days would be giving credit to Beefspari for Dr. Beefstupid's Dramatic Reading of your posts, now egging on whoever this "boy" is who you claim is obsessed with you (who is that btw?) to attack you. You say you have an open slot, which you do, but you fail to realize it's a DEFENSIVE slot.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' timestamp='1307468776' post='2726198']
It should go without saying that my public demeanor snapped after taking the hatred for nearly a year.
[/quote]

In other words, "I am not responsible for my own actions". How very Methragian of you.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1307507812' post='2726666']
BRB, writing a dirty definition of "Methragian" on Urban Dictionary. I'll get you, Nippy!
[/quote]

...as long as I get royalties for its usage, I'm down.

Peggy, I will be sad to see you go. We had lots of good discussions. I wish you would've taken my advice about just laying low and ignoring all the crap that gets thrown at you.

Good luck, and if you're ever around on IRC you know where to find me.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1307487190' post='2726402']
To be fair, Walford (albeit inactive) [i]is[/i] still around.[/quote]

Yep, I checked before I posted. Newer nation, thus any evidence of all the RL money GATO members spent gone. :mellow:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1307505673' post='2726625']
For having such superior intellect, you sure seem to make dumb errors. Two in the past couple days would be giving credit to Beefspari for Dr. Beefstupid's Dramatic Reading of your posts, now egging on whoever this "boy" is who you claim is obsessed with you (who is that btw?) to attack you. You say you have an open slot, which you do, but you fail to realize it's a DEFENSIVE slot.
[/quote]

It's an OFFENSIVE slot.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1307589235' post='2727563']I love it when people try to take the higher ground by pointing out this is an OOC forum.[/quote]
I agree that pointing out the obvious has nothing to do with gaining the higher ground. Rather, it's disregarding the obvious that tends to guarantee that one takes the [i]lower[/i] ground.

[spoiler](I haven't a clue of what you meant with "tying in knots" thus I just stripped it from the quote. Its meaning might or not change the validity/relevance/etc of what I just posted.)[/spoiler]

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1307505673' post='2726625']
[/quote]

Geesh. I will have a slot in a couple days. There is no reason to assume I'm that damn dumb.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1307150713' post='2723399']
If you had any kind of warchest, you could last a lot longer. poor show Piggy_Sue, poor show.
[/quote]

The name is Peggy_Sue.

I just bought about 400 infra yesterday, still have 50 million, and only 3 1/2 days to go. Warchest is fine, but thanks for the lame attempt.