Official Announcement from The International

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1306272369' post='2717682']
Judging one's intelligence through their posts is ludicrous, you say... And then you judge his intelligence based on his post. :facepalm:

I wish you the best, but perhaps at this point you should consider finding a new home. Everyone who was active in TR is long gone. You clearly loved the alliance, but for all intents and purposes it no longer exists.

-Bama
[/quote]
i appreciate your wish and advice, i really do!
But! leaving The Resistance is not an option for me, for me The Resistance is Immortal and if every member except 1 leaves then it will live as that's what its called a RESISTANCE!!!

[quote name='anamo7tram' timestamp='1306273226' post='2717699']
Lol! the fact that I didnt even know they were our allies, shows their loyalty!
[/quote]

[quote name='anamo7tram' timestamp='1306266254' post='2717574']
i wont go into details of who i was or who am i, but i could tell you that i was a high ranking officer in The Resistance and due to my strong but impulsive and sentimental love to The Resistance i was crushed and i just deleted my nation and only came back recently after a Real life incident that reminded me of the days of glory.
[/quote]
You were a high ranking tR member, and yet didn't know we were allied to The International, who we were literally allied to since Day 1?

Like I said earlier: Riiiight.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1306272032' post='2717671']
Also, judging alliances by their most vocal OWF posters generally doesn't work. I mean, for a while FinnishCommie was our most vocal OWF poster :wub:
[/quote]
That never happened.

Also good call INT standing by tR. If one day they would happen to disband I am sure you would offer them protection from raiders.

Also, good time for one of you raiding alliances to get into the spotlight and raid tR because it never was "officially" treatied due to disbanding or something :smug:

the way i see it is this...the people who stayed on tR were probly either ghosts or those too inactive to find a new alliance themselves. now it seems one of those inactives wants to try and revive the alliance they were just apart of and here we face the issue of whether or not it's the same alliance or not

props to INT for standing by them to protect from raiders until they get confirmation themselves about this alliance at least

edit:

[quote name='anamo7tram' timestamp='1306273226' post='2717699']
Lol! the fact that I didnt even know they were our allies, shows their loyalty!
[/quote]

i'm..just...speechless.. :facepalm:

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1306269521' post='2717615']
I've always been under the opinion that a few ghosts on an AA do not count as the alliance being alive. That being said, I don't know how many members were on the AA at the time, and I don't know if there were any former gov on the AA, so I can't say for sure.
[/quote]

I had the same thought... but as of today, I see 17 nations, 10 of whom range from 535 - 662 days of seniority. I grant you that those aren't the most amazing stats, but in my opinion it indicates something more than a few ghosts keeping a dead AA alive. I think after years of close ties, we owe those guys a bit of time to clarify their situation.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

We were informed about the idea of trying to 'save' The Resistance instead of disbandment a couple of weeks ago and feel that, despite the departure of many high ranking members, whatever's left of our ex-LEO brethren deserves a shot at survival.

I'm pretty sure it's not just 'a bunch of ghosts keeping the AA alive', so we're not just going to toss our treaty and let them die. That's not the way to treat longtime friends.

I had started to think that, after five years around here, I had seen just about every argument that could be had. And, yet, today I discover that it is possible to argue over whether or not an alliance had ceased to exist.

Thank you, all of you. And god bless us, everyone.

[quote]5/23/2011 5:16:20 PM
"Join or die!"

[Team: Black]
Rapture palestine
Ruler: anamu7tram
The Resistance

[Team: Green]
vatican 2
Ruler: vatican2
The Holy Roman Empire
Currently Fighting
5/23/2011 1:52:10 PM
"A general dispute"

miles
Ruler: milescopeland66
The Resistance

[Team: Red]
I Baked A Cookie
Ruler: TheRugDealer
myg0t
Peace Declared
5/23/2011 3:53:48 AM
"Defense of an alliance partner"

The Can
Ruler: Tidy Bowl Man
Forite Order of Raiding and Anarchy

miles
The Resistance
Peace Declared
5/21/2011 10:00:35 AM
"A general dispute"

miles
The Resistance

[Team: Red]
Kradicstan
Ruler: KomradeKrad
Currently Fighting
5/20/2011 2:46:51 PM
"Join or die"

Rapture palestine
The Resistance

[Team: Green]
OldmacVille
Ruler: Oldmacville
gato
Currently Fighting
5/20/2011 2:39:01 PM
"Join or die"

Rapture palestine
The Resistance

DasDeutscheReich
Ruler: KaiserBeck
Skull Korps
Currently Fighting
5/18/2011 7:00:26 PM
"."

Rapture palestine
The Resistance

StoneWall
Ruler: ThinkTank
OMFG Spirit Walk
Peace Declared
5/17/2011 3:53:54 PM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Rapture palestine
The Resistance

NZ NI
Ruler: headmaster
Peace Declared
5/11/2011 4:16:24 PM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

[Team: Brown]
Kingdom of Baldor
Ruler: KingBaldor
Supreme Guardians

Rapture palestine
The Resistance
Peace Declared
5/10/2011 6:53:38 PM
"A general dispute"
*Expired*

Rapture palestine
The Resistance

The CSE
Ruler: John Fisher
Collective States of Earth
[/quote]

What is this join or die business The Resistance seems to have going on?

No idea, but I give this treaty and this attempt at reviving tR about a week until both give way. Raiding protectorates or even any AA at all demanding people join or die is a good way to get yourself $%&@ed over.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1306320885' post='2717999']
No idea, but I give this treaty and this attempt at reviving tR about a week until both give way. Raiding protectorates or even any AA at all demanding people join or die is a good way to get yourself $%&@ed over.
[/quote]
Dont worry guys, i only attack members after researching them for hours and a couple times i did attack protectorates by mistake and i just declared peace and sent reparations.

[quote name='anamo7tram' timestamp='1306324647' post='2718009']
Dont worry guys, i only attack members after researching them for hours and a couple times i did attack protectorates by mistake and i just declared peace and sent reparations.
[/quote]

Oh, well in that case... :rolleyes:

Then again, I don't expect a whole lot out of someone who quotes themself in their own signature.

Edited by Hereno

No idea, but I give this treaty and this attempt at reviving tR about a week until both give way.[/quote]

We'll see. I don't give up easily.

Raiding protectorates or even any AA at all demanding people join or die is a good way to get yourself $%&@ed over.
[/quote]

Correct. And I can assure you that INT will discuss things like this with the new tR gov.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1306329331' post='2718031']
Oh come on. Why is it that every time another micro pops up in the news it manages to immediately embarrass itself? Is this some kind of sign? Do we have to ban micros for their own good?
[/quote]

i'd like to see you try :P

anyways...this isnt really another micro popping up and embarrassing itself...it's more of a guy trying to use the fact that tR never "officially" disbanded to his advantage and using it's name to benefit him...

i could have sworn seeing a post on the OWF (post not topic) from a tR govt saying that it kinda dissolved silently but i cant even remember anything that could help me look for that

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1306265022' post='2717559']
[b]Take it easy, Francis,[/b] at no point did I try to "dictate your foreign policy." What I said was that International says that Resistance didn't disband, but Resistance says they did disband.

It's not a matter of what you think I am trying to dictate, I simply pointed out that you two are clearly not on the same page about what happened, and that I think it's kind of odd/funny. I guess you can pin it on the "official" caveat. Either way, I think it's a little odd--but totally your judgement call--to say that an alliance that disbanded and now has some new guy running it out of the blue still has a treaty with you because no one ever posted a disbandment thread.

If you can stalk Francesca rerolls for over a year, I can make lighthearted topical jokes for a month.

I apologize to the international community for not clearly marking my obvious jokes with smilies to avoid hurting your feelings.

edit: Tried to remove as much snark as possible.
[/quote]

Are you sure that you didn't mean "lighten up, Francis"? Edited to add a missing :)

Edited by Erik Prince

The Resistance disbanded, for the record. All members were notified. Governments of LEO alliances were notified as well, via IRC and other stuff (don't know if any of those people are still in gov, however).

I don't think there was any great post on the OWF or anything but I know I was a part of the conversation where we stopped hosting the forums lol. And then the part where we all went our seperate ways. I was also a part of the conversation where Peaches, aka Willie the Pimp, aka The Last Official Goverment member, went to ODN citing that no one was interested in maintaining the facade of an alliance (that had disbanded already).

BUT, who cares? what INT has got here is an excellent alliance of people who don't care about anything led by a somewhat maniacal ruler who single-handedly initiated the fall of a 100 man 4.5 million strength alliance to...what it is now.

So, good luck to you guys. I hope it works out for you communist devils.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1306342968' post='2718094']
The Resistance disbanded, for the record. All members were notified. Governments of LEO alliances were notified as well, via IRC and other stuff (don't know if any of those people are still in gov, however).
[/quote]
Can't say that I got that memo. I assume that the "disbandment" happened during my leadership in INT. The best indication we had was ODN protecting the tR AA for a period of time but even then I did not see any official disbandment. So as Craig said, links plox.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1306342968' post='2718094']
The Resistance disbanded, for the record. All members were notified. Governments of LEO alliances were notified as well, via IRC and other stuff (don't know if any of those people are still in gov, however).[/quote]
Hmmm when I was leader of INT I spent an inordinate amount of time conversing with fellow LEO leaders about disbanding the bloc, tR was totally unavailable and no one and I mean no one in either INT, FOK or R&R mentioned any disbandment notice?!?! :unsure:

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1306356906' post='2718215']
Can't say that I got that memo. I assume that the "disbandment" happened during my leadership in INT. The best indication we had was ODN protecting the tR AA for a period of time but even then I did not see any official disbandment. So as Craig said, links plox.
[/quote]

[quote]Hmmm when I was leader of INT I spent an inordinate amount of time conversing with fellow LEO leaders about disbanding the bloc, tR was totally unavailable and no one and I mean no one in either INT, FOK or R&R mentioned any disbandment notice?!?![/quote]

I believe the answer you both seek can be found by looking at his aa.