Greatest Alliance Rivalries

Hyperion321

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1305858633' post='2715287']
Natan=/=Antoine for one

You admitting it does not refute the fact that I was correct about Antoine placing the blame on the previous government and in particular on ochocinco for 2.

So me stating that your try was not good is just that. A statement of fact.

Now please point out where I did any sort of trolling or the like towards you? In fact, from what you quoted, there is nothing about you in there at all except me stating that your try was a failure.

Again, tried and failed. I would suggest you stop now instead of continuing to make yourself look like a fool.
[/quote]

Mostly because I can't control what a previous government did. I don't hold it up as a good decision. I've always been critical of it. Yes, Umbrella did declare war on GPA. I've always been critical of the decision with no external pressure needing to be involved and you completely negating scope of involvement to begin with is dumb. If you want to a generate a neo-Karma against us specifically with the reasoning "Umbrella played a bit role in the GPA war" you're welcome to try since the argument you're making is Umbrella's role in the GPA war would warrant such a thing. You'd have a point if I was saying "haha neutrals deserve to get crushed" and defending it because it'd be hypocritical in that regard.

The same argument was used by people on NPO's side during Karma and it didn't really change a single thing.

The difference between that and the people in other alliances is that at some points they are not willing to disown actions made by previous administrations. It conflicts with a mentality of not being able to admit wrong doing.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1305860066' post='2715304']
Mostly because I can't control what a previous government did. I don't hold it up as a good decision. I've always been critical of it. Yes, Umbrella did declare war on GPA. I've always been critical of the decision with no external pressure needing to be involved and you completely negating scope of involvement to begin with is dumb. If you want to a generate a neo-Karma against us specifically with the reasoning "Umbrella played a bit role in the GPA war" you're welcome to try since the argument you're making is Umbrella's role in the GPA war would warrant such a thing. You'd have a point if I was saying "haha neutrals deserve to get crushed" and defending it because it'd be hypocritical in that regard.

The same argument was used by people on NPO's side during Karma and it didn't really change a single thing.
[/quote]

Honestly, I stated what I stated (the part about what little involvement Umbrella had means nothing) mostly because, to me, that seems like some sort of excuse you are using to wipe that stain from Umbrella's history. Ya'll DoW'ed. Own up to it, apologize for any involvement you had, and stop making excuses. You are demanding NPO do that, I would suggest you do it as well.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1305855226' post='2715240']
Why would we need a weak CB? The fact that your Polaris is reason enough.
[/quote]
And how do you expect this to end the rivalry btw? You don't think Polar will want to destroy you just like after WoTC/when you protected TSO. Attacking them out of the blue will not settle anything. TOP and IRON weren't the only one's pissed or shocked about Grub's declaration of war. I was angry. I always wanted a war with TOP but not at the cost of losing a war that everyone in Polaris wanted to win(our chances were pretty much over anyway). The worse part is that we entered on a MDoAP with Mushroom Kingdom. We aren't proud of what we did. MK were the only victors.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1305860829' post='2715308']
Honestly, I stated what I stated (the part about what little involvement Umbrella had means nothing) mostly because, to me, that seems like some sort of excuse you are using to wipe that stain from Umbrella's history. Ya'll DoW'ed. Own up to it, apologize for any involvement you had, and stop making excuses. You are demanding NPO do that, I would suggest you do it as well.
[/quote]

It's not much of an excuse, it's the gravity of the wrong-doing involved. I've been willing to say it was wrong. I'm not really making excuses other than stating the fact that being a peripheral alliance involved in the GPA war isn't the same as having started it. I've never said it was right and I've always been willing to say that it was wrong for Umbrella to declare on GPA and running the alliance in a far different way has always been a priority for me. That's never been an issue for me. The reason I talk about it being done under a far different government is to illustrate that there was a change in decision-making policysince then because I've been consistently critical of the alliance's involvement in that war. I've never said it didn't happen. It happened and it was someone else's call, so I don't particularly like people using it as some sort of "ace in the hole" against me when I've always been against it and wouldn't have done the same thing.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1305858617' post='2715286']It was you we could make into a pariah and it was you that could be made the face, the leader of what destroyed us.[/quote]
A much better post than the crap your Regent just put out. You needed someone to hate. Fair enough. I can respect that rather than some half ass attempt to blame us for everything under the sun. Still its good to see you admit that the members of Polaris decided on their own accord to make us into the boogeyman for their own self-interest.

[quote]Since Bipolar, Polaris has attempted to reconcile. Polaris has tried to smooth things over. But we were rejected before we were given the chance. There is a reason there are no diplomats shared between our forums today. There is a reason that we have no diplomats to TOP. When you try to fix something, or argue something, or debate something, and you are essentially told to $%&@ off, it rarely results in any desire to continue the process. As I am sure your friends in the Kingdom know quite well.
[/quote]
How in the blue hell do you smooth things over with someone when you lie to their face on multiple occasions, turn their war plan over to the enemy and bail on an entire coalition of alliances? You think that after something like that you can simply "fix" the situation? Argue the causes of it when we fully know what happened? Maybe you thought that after months of nuclear war with 22 alliances and 8 months of paying reps that we'd cool down enough to "reconcile?" What the hell were you smoking?

We've made it clear from day 1 that we don't want any petty ass apology. There is only one outcome that we desire. Fire and blood.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1305856821' post='2715267']
NSO vs A Good Public Image

Alterego vs Making Sense

Purple vs Pink (in terms of lol-est sphere)

Xiph's Ego vs MK's Ego vs HoT's Ego

Lizkala vs Lizana
[/quote]
Don't forget Ego's Ego!

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1305861607' post='2715312']
We've made it clear from day 1 that we don't want any petty ass apology. There is only one outcome that we desire. Fire and blood.
[/quote]
Then they will want fire and blood. Then you will want fire and blood. Then they will want fire and blood again. Then you will want fire and blood again. You attacking Polaris out of the blue will solve nothing.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[/quote]

What about nuclear winter and your frozen blood?

How in the blue hell do you smooth things over with someone when you lie to their face on multiple occasions, turn their war plan over to the enemy and bail on an entire coalition of alliances? [/quote]
I dunno, ask IRON. You did it to their coalition in the UJW after all.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1305862110' post='2715316']
Then they will want fire and blood. Then you will want fire and blood. Then they will want fire and blood again. Then you will want fire and blood again. You attacking Polaris out of the blue will solve nothing.
[/quote]

That's why we will disband them. You think we are going to let Polar off lightly? :laugh: If they by some chance survive to receive peace terms they will be the harshest this world has ever seen. We will have no mercy.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1305873010' post='2715410']
That's why we will disband them. You think we are going to let Polar off lightly? :laugh: If they by some chance survive to receive peace terms they will be the harshest this world has ever seen. We will have no mercy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"]Bring it.[/size][/color]

[/quote]
On the OOC board, no less!

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1305873010' post='2715410']
[/quote]
Good to see some humour for a change. You will never disband us because while our motivation is to look after each other and our allies, yours is simply revenge. While we align with people we like, you have sold all your principles down the toilet to be with the power. Your alliance is now full of the hate and self compromise that will be your cancer, while ours is a place that we are proud of.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1305873723' post='2715417']
Good to see some humour for a change. You will never disband us because while our motivation is to look after each other and our allies, yours is simply revenge. While we align with people we like, you have sold all your principles down the toilet to be with the power. Your alliance is now full of the hate and self compromise that will be your cancer, while ours is a place that we are proud of.
[/quote]

You know, speaking IC, I'm not a fan of NpO after everything Grub did in BiPolar, but speaking OOC I have to admire you personally for posts like this. I suppose that's my overdramatic, soppy side coming through though. :P

Speaking IC again, I think it's quite clear that TOP didn't sign a treaty with MK to be aligned with the people in power. The two alliances had much in common and it was clear that there was a war with NpO coming which drew the two alliances together (because neither of them liked NpO much.) The two alliances also had much in common.. small, elite alliances with a close community and such. TOP was never a moralist alliance and sacrificed nothing by signing with MK. It was an excellent strategic move. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like TOP much (or Crymson at any rate.)

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1305873723' post='2715417']
[/quote]

Not sure what principles we threw down the toilet. Our community has always been our strong point and remains so. Maybe you guys are too proud to disband, sadly you suck at everything else. I'm sure you guys would even remain proud as we make you our eternal tech farms. It works out for both of us, we get a tech farm/colony and you guys can focus on being proud and forget about all the things you suck at such as war, politics, nation building, being intelligent, etc.

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1305872458' post='2715400']
I dunno, ask IRON. You did it to their coalition in the UJW after all.
[/quote]

I'm waiting to see how many more asinine comments you can think up.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1305874354' post='2715420']
Speaking IC again, I think it's quite clear that TOP didn't sign a treaty with MK to be aligned with the people in power. The two alliances had much in common and it was clear that there was a war with NpO coming which drew the two alliances together (because neither of them liked NpO much.)
[/quote]

NpO was, at most, a minor factor in our consideration of that treaty.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1305875713' post='2715433']
That is difficult to believe considering the name and theme of the treaty.
[/quote]

Yes, clearly a Hearts of Iron theme had to do with Polar. It had nothing to do with many in TOP being familiar with the Unholy Alliance event in that game that brought two former enemy super powers together...

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1305876266' post='2715435']
Yes, clearly a Hearts of Iron theme had to do with Polar. It had nothing to do with many in TOP being familiar with the Unholy Alliance event in that game that brought two former enemy super powers together...
[/quote]

Oh come on, it's clearly a reference to the treaty between Germany and the USSR in the Second World War. It may have doubled as a reference to the Unholy Alliance from your computer game but don't deny what was painfully obvious to the rest of the world. I'm not criticising you for this, I actually thought it was funny. Just have the balls to be open about it.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1305876726' post='2715436']
Oh come on, it's clearly a reference to the treaty between Germany and the USSR in the Second World War. It may have doubled as a reference to the Unholy Alliance from your computer game but don't deny what was painfully obvious to the rest of the world. I'm not criticising you for this, I actually thought it was funny. Just have the balls to be open about it.
[/quote]

:facepalm: You realize Hearts of Iron is a World War II grand strategy game, right?