Rating Alliances discussion thread

Azaghul

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1304189166' post='2702627']
[color="#0000FF"]I won't argue economically. We're terrible at growing nations.
[/quote]
Actually we've gotten better economically. Our slot rate usage is higher than Polar, Fark, GATO, Valhalla, VE, etc. Admittedly it is below GOD. And if it weren't for the various deletions, our ANS would be somewhere around 17k.

Anyone else find it interesting that most CSN posters rated GOD above them?
If you don't rate your own alliance highest, why are you a member?
Maybe you are there to improve an alliance you love or because of personal connections but still, to openly admit that you like another alliance better than your own seems asinine to me.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1304201296' post='2702730']
Actually we've gotten better economically. Our slot rate usage is higher than Polar, Fark, GATO, Valhalla, VE, etc. Admittedly it is below GOD. And if it weren't for the various deletions, our ANS would be somewhere around 17k.
[/quote]

I wouldn't rate the economic strength of an alliance based on how much it uses its slots. Slot usage rate is probably a better measure of activity than economic power. I would base economic power more on an alliance's ability to fill the slots requested to be filled.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1304201023' post='2702728']
'sup?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]MK went on the offensive first in the war. Granted you were still heavily outnumbered, but you had the privilege of being able to hit first and choose your targets. You also had enough members in peace mode to send second waves. But most of all, you had a few days notice to your members that you'd be at war.[/color]

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1304202548' post='2702740']
Maybe you are there to improve an alliance you love or because of personal connections but still, to openly admit that you like another alliance better than your own seems asinine to me.
[/quote]

I believe the term is being modest.

Not saying thats it...just sayin :awesome:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1304206166' post='2702775']
I believe the term is being modest.

Not saying thats it...just sayin :awesome:
[/quote]

idk, if i were a member of CSN i'd refrain from rating any alliance, let alone my own. I'd be staying very far away from this sorta thread. So it's a matter of course that CSN gov were a couple of the earlier responders.

That said, I can't rate my own alliance seriously. Even if I want to give a 10, I'm gonna make something up to knock it down for lulz.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1304197635' post='2702705']
You're correct. Polar has been a terrible alliance for most of their existence. At least ES was actually threatening. Grub is like a chihuahua barking at random people.
[/quote]
Posts like this confirm that they are doing something right.

[/quote]
I find it amusing that you kept track of this. Still mad I presume?

(Though, that is pretty funny. I, for one, put GOD over CSN because I acknowledge we have a lot of work to do.)

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1304211728' post='2702821']
idk, if i were a member of CSN i'd refrain from rating any alliance, let alone my own. I'd be staying very far away from this sorta thread. So it's a matter of course that CSN gov were a couple of the earlier responders.

That said, I can't rate my own alliance seriously. Even if I want to give a 10, I'm gonna make something up to knock it down for lulz.
[/quote]

Really? So because a few people don't like us we should avoid posting here? That's amusing.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1304082089' post='2701901']
Continuing the discussion on me rating alliances to NPO: in response to alyster
[/quote]
Ranking alliances based on your opinion of the alliances to which they are treatied says more about the poster than it does about about the alliance being ranked.

For some alliances, long term relationships > political expediency. Thus, a lower ranking due simply to a long term relationship that is politically unpopular can be taken as a compliment.

Not every alliance measures success the same way, e.g. based on their treaty links to the dominant political structures for the particular period in question, which is ultimately subject to change over time.

Personally, I think an alliance's true worth becomes evident when it is tested under adverse circumstances.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1304201296' post='2702730']
Polar, Fark, GATO, Valhalla, VE[/quote]
Nothing to brag about tbh. Although admittedly I would have thought Valhalla would be ahead of you.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304220231' post='2702901']

(Though, that is pretty funny. I, for one, put GOD over CSN because I acknowledge we have a lot of work to do.)

Really? So because a few people don't like us we should avoid posting here? That's amusing.
[/quote]

Cant you read! Dont post in the alliance rating stuff! JESUS GIBS

[/quote]

Did you not read the post(s) i was responding to? Those which were already speaking of your lack of humility and how they thought the rankings had some humor? It sets context for my post, maybe it would help you understand. Doubtful, but maybe.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1304224996' post='2702953']
Did you not read the post(s) i was responding to? Those which were already speaking of your lack of humility and how they thought the rankings had some humor? It sets context for my post, maybe it would help you understand. Doubtful, but maybe.
[/quote]
Kubla was trying to make a (false) point saying CSN doesn't even think it's a good alliance, and Sarm was saying we're (CSN) just being modest [more than likely]. Then you said you wouldn't even participate in these rating threads, and since I don't know you I based it off of your alliance and Valhalla doesn't have too high of an opinion of us. Comes off, to me, as you trying to say "CSN is so bad they shouldn't rate anyone."

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1304221861' post='2702922']
No, it doesn't.

Good to see you posting again.
[/quote]
You'll forgive me for not lending much weight to your opinion, given your expressed feelings toward Polar. Thank you nonetheless, this place certainly could use more me.

edit: also i hate it when multiple people use the same avatar!

Edited by Doitzel

[/quote]

Didn't CSN just expel you for dubious reasons, then allow you back in but revoke your diplomat status?
Yet despite all that you still stand here defending them.

The part about "keeping track"? I read the thread, it wasnt that hard. I was never mad, just saddened to see you, my friend, fall from a dynamic and interesting person to a myopic eunuch spouting propaganda I doubt you really believe anymore. I miss my old friend Gibsonator21, if you see him, tell him I said hi.

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1304230472' post='2703024']
I miss my old friend Gibsonator21, if you see him, tell him I said hi.
[/quote]

This times infinity, I miss that guy.

[/quote]

I wouldn't rate my alliance highest (part of the reason I didn't rate them at all). I'd put Fark, NPO, Umbrella, GOD, and Nordreich up there as benchmarks of what a good alliance should be like, all special in their own way.

The only way to improve is to not blindly think that you're the best and aspire to be like someone better. Quite often members do disagree with their government's decisions as well, and hint for them to improve. Not everyone is a mercenary who'd drop their alliance as soon as they discover a better one. There's also much more to an alliance than just the stats; the community plays an incredibly strong role, and community rarely makes it into these ratings, other than the "+1 for (this guy)" comments.

Edited by MrMuz