Rating Alliances discussion thread

Azaghul

In TPF's case, staying in during Karma didn't alter the terms for NPO or affect the alliances on NPO since they only hit Avalanche to begin with and then it left them less prepared to defend themselves when they got attacked later on.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1304085792' post='2701919']
I find it funny seeing the butthurt from some members of Polar tossing 0's and 1's our way :P
[/quote]

Well you can't blame them. No one likes to lose.

Also, I've been amused by the couple of posts where we get a low score qualified with a "at least they do stuff" comment. Doing stuff is fun Planet Bob. You should all be doing stuff.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1304087214' post='2701936']

Also, I've been amused by the couple of posts where we get a low score qualified with a "at least they do stuff" comment. Doing stuff is fun Planet Bob. You should all be doing stuff.
[/quote]

You'd have to consider that if you wouldn't do stuff, the grade would have been even lower probably in these cases. :ph34r:

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1304090799' post='2701973']
@HellAngel:

"Umbrella - 8, ex-citadel and generally competent and awesome. [b]Although I still dont quite get what their problem with us is.[/b]"

I wasn't aware that we currently had a problem with you guys.
[/quote]
Probably not so much a problem as the fact that you dont know if you can trust us. At least thats the vibe i got, but if you wanna go deeper it might be better you come visit our forums.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1304083968' post='2701909']
TBH my bias about Umbrella is that you just bought up GOONS with 10 trillion (?) francos.[/quote]

Let's just call it too much money...which makes GOONS asking for reparations in the current war rather amusing. :lol1:

I don't fault Umbrella for shelling it out however.

I actually gave Umbrella a favorable rating (7 IIRC, too lazy to confirm on a Friday). Credit where credit is due and if you were running a medium-sized alliance, you'd want to have Umbrella's stats--or strive for them. If they get points deducted, it's mostly because their choice in treaty partners. They would do well to not repeat the mistakes that Gen[m]ay made. Food for thought.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1304082089' post='2701901']
Invicta - In this case, it's literally all about NPO. In the past, Invicta at least had CDT and Purple(even if it was ridiculued) as something independent going for it. I wouldn't have guessed they were so attached to NPO until Karma came around.
[/quote]
This would be because they [i]weren't[/i] so attached to NPO until Karma. It was their quick defense of NPO (contrary to the many who did or wanted to run away) that strengthened the relationship and allowed it to grow to the level it is today. It was a pretty average, even below average. relationship before then. That said, Invicta is still independent and claims to the contrary are laughable. So long as they maintain a non-chaining MDoAP they are independent (considering they had a chaining MDAP to UPN a while back, it would be more correct to say they were a slave to them than NPO). Just because they both happen to do things that each other often agree with and like each other a lot does not mean that one rules over the other. Unless, you know, being a good ally is now a bad thing.

But the opinions of those without firsthand knowledge will always be hilarious. I mean, as Chief of Staff I personally signed a treaty with a former enemy of the NPO. They were naturally less than thrilled, but understanding and supportive. But no, NPO rules Invicta with an iron fist, and Invicta couldn't dream of doing anything that falls outside of Daddy Pacifica's whims. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1304087214' post='2701936']

[/quote]

Following your logic, we should had given 0/1 to FOK/iFOK too and this isn't happening. :rolleyes:

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1304082429' post='2701902']
So anyone who dares to value friends and not power is in the wrong because of that :huh:
[/quote]
I imagine it has more to do with one's opinions of the friends in question.

If you have terrible allies it is not a good thing to stick with them because of friendship.

[quote]
Chestnut Accords: 2/10 — Color unity is an outdated concept for a treaty. Do away with it.
Terra Cotta Pact: 2/10 — Color unity is an outdated concept for a treaty. Do away with it.[/quote]
I never understood this line of thought. Because color unity is an outdated concept for a treaty we should do away with a strong grouping of friends?

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1304107771' post='2702118']
I never understood this line of thought. Because color unity is an outdated concept for a treaty we should do away with a strong grouping of friends?
[/quote]

Yeah, far be it from me to agree with Youwish on anything, but I think Chestnuts evolved past team unity by now. Without TYR, Brain or USN it can't really fulfill it's original purpose [actual unity of all of Maroon] but it's also a piss poor reason to do away with it. People, alliances and treaties change; what matters is that you can still find purpose.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1304109477' post='2702135']
The OP of wicked's alliance rating thread has a link to an avg. spreader...too lazy to get it myself
[/quote]

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao8LX9Y0ZHL6dDZTbUpsc1picEVFRFFocjJJQ3Jwb3c&hl=en\

lazy buggers

I find it funny seeing the butthurt from some members of Polar tossing 0's and 1's our way :P
[/quote]

Kettle, have you met Pot?

Edited by KaitlinK

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1304109477' post='2702135']
The OP of wicked's alliance rating thread has a link to an avg. spreader...too lazy to get it myself
[/quote]

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1304112286' post='2702158']
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao8LX9Y0ZHL6dDZTbUpsc1picEVFRFFocjJJQ3Jwb3c&hl=en\

lazy buggers
[/quote]
Thank you for rewarding my laziness

[/quote]

Is it surprising that members of an alliance you attack don't like you? It'd be a valid point if the war was in ancient history, or if we were giving you low scores because of who said what in 2008, but I think disliking an alliance for attacking one's own alliance in a war that ended only a month and a half ago isn't exactly unreasonable.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1304114561' post='2702184']
Kettle, have you met Pot?
[/quote]

I don't recall what I gave Polar but I don't think it was extremely unfavorable. Just because they did a few questionable political moves, have members that openly don't like us, and royally screwed up, doesn't mean I think they're an objectively terrible alliance.