Monsters University- Planet Bobs Fair and Balanced News Channel

Lord Hitchcock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those twip links Meth posted bring back fond memories. Those were good times, probably the only reason I didn't rogue Schattenman was due to his Twip postings. 

And believe me, due to the Bubble Gum war, I wanted for a very long time to rogue him something fierce. To his credit, a few months ago, he owned up to his part in it. If he was still running the CoJ, there would be a decent chance of me being polite to them. But, alas, he's in polar, screw those guys.

He's done other stuff since, but nothing quite comes close to twip. Maybe it was the whole atmosphere of nothing was considered off-limits with vox that made it so fun to read. Ol' Boss Hogg and the Vox spies made things quite interesting for a time. 

For awhile, twip was the only way Vox could hit back and hit back they did with it. 

I wish Monster's Inc luck, but I don't see the same foundations to Monster's University as there was with TWIP/Vox. Vox was a movement against the continuum and the NPO. I'm not even sure what MI represents, for now I'll settle for calling them tragic. 

your idea is fine AFTER you are out of war.  as long as you alliance IS the news regardless of truth (or not) you are going to be assumed to be biased.  your critical of tAR just based on alliance affiliation but being involved in your own conflict and being gov too - far worse than anything Genius Inc. could ever be accused of

Also, I was only in IRON for like the first 7ish episodes. Get your facts straight.

so far doesn't seem like facts are that much of a concern

After thinking about it- I agree with you. It seems that the podcast idea is a good one and I don't want a good idea over-shadowed by a bad idea. Instead

good. 

Edited by White Chocolate

"biased"

Its safe to say everyone is assumed biased when speaking strongly for or against x y or z.

actually, no.

just because someone has an opinion, even a strong one, does not automatically = a biased opinion.  there are plenty of people here who have opinions about the "dream war" who have no direct interests or favor one side over the other.  However, Lord Hitchcock is not one of them and because of that it will be assumed (if true or not - doesn't matter) that whatever he says about it is biased toward his "side" of that war. 

now if he is not involved in the news, he is less likely to be assumed to have a bias

actually, no.

just because someone has an opinion, even a strong one, does not automatically = a biased opinion.

Actually, yes.

We aren't in the boiler room where you qoute on opinions would be valid.

We are playing a game where people take sides and base their posts depending on their friends, alliance and allies.

So anything commented involving the game and its politics is biased to some degree, all actors in a theatre addressing the peanut gallery.

The two opinions below are exactly what i'm talking about, Lord Hitchcock.  people are already saying you're biased.

Clearly you don't have an expertise in how newscasting works in the cyberverse,

Actually, yes.

We aren't in the boiler room where you qoute on opinions would be valid.

We are playing a game where people take sides and base their posts depending on their friends, alliance and allies.

So anything commented involving the game and its politics is biased to some degree, all actors in a theatre addressing the peanut gallery.

now, if you don't care and/or your intent is pure propaganda then it makes no difference.  I'll listen either way.  The difference is do the people who bother to listen do it just to get a good laugh or do you want something more too.  based on the fact that you decided to drop the CNtel copy-cat idea I'm guessing it's something more, but certainly I may be wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.

My words did not insinuate any bias, merely that there has been far better attempts at newscasting than this.

Edit: Additionally, this is an OOC forum, we can all acknowledge that we're all RPing leaders of fictional nations here.

Edited by Mogar

your idea is fine AFTER you are out of war.  as long as you alliance IS the news regardless of truth (or not) you are going to be assumed to be biased.  your critical of tAR just based on alliance affiliation but being involved in your own conflict and being gov too - far worse than anything Genius Inc. could ever be accused of

so far doesn't seem like facts are that much of a concern

good. 

it will all be based on facts, WC

The two opinions below are exactly what i'm talking about, Lord Hitchcock.  people are already saying you're biased.

I'm saying everyone is biased in the game to a certain extent and that includes, Lord Hitchcock, GeniusInc, you and myself.

Now if all this show will be doing is reporting the news and having guests from everywhere and its planned and edited correctly it can be made unbiased.

But I've yet to hear one type of show producer like that in the many years I've been here, its a difficult thing to pull off.

Leaks from top secret NPO FA leadership channels incoming.

14:31 <&Necoho> yep

14:32 @ Hakora_Kiyanto needs coffee

Or perhaps I just completely faked these logs in order to get us rolled? Or in order to be one of the cool leaky kids?

The world may never know.

To: Lord Hitchcock    From: Xanth    Date: 8/12/2015 5:11:09 PM

Subject: RE: Your trade circle
Message: You should note that the sanctions and that whole thing has nothing to do with our side. That is purely doom handled and will not end if peace is secured between coalitions

To: Xanth    From: Lord Hitchcock    Date: 8/12/2015 5:17:06 PM

Message: and it was handled with sanctions. This mass attempt to string us along from war to war will end sometime

To: Lord Hitchcock    From: Xanth    Date: 8/12/2015 5:11:09 PM

Message: You should note that the sanctions and that whole thing has nothing to do with our side. That is purely doom handled and will not end if peace is secured between coalitions

To: Xanth    From: Lord Hitchcock    Date: 8/12/2015 5:17:06 PM

Message: and it was handled with sanctions. This mass attempt to string us along from war to war will end sometime

Let's not be biased:

To: Xanth From: Lord Hitchcock Date: 8/12/2015 5:53:42 PM

You cried when you formed stripes, dooms involved and now you're a tough guy again

Fact is, the message before this- the same one I sent to yolo, sir Williams- and queried ghost who directed me to wc.

Yes, I ligged dumped. Yes we're at with you and kashmir.

To make a matter of who to contact and clear 'consequences per actions' were my intentions.

But hey, it's you- stirring the pot- as usual. With my own actions, I surely don't need your help