An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1339643673' post='2982675']
Not true, we are CN's 1% :smug:
[/quote]

Clearly these things work on the bell curve. 1% starts the most wars, 1% starts the fewest wars, the 98% fall in the middle.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1339643714' post='2982676']
this is how this looks on my side of the globe:

a. Gibsonator21 and Requia (CSN) attack Dave93(TIO) on June 12

b. MK chooses to accept Dave93 while: 1. at war; 2. on an acknowledged ZI list

c. Didn't your mother teach you not to admit nations with wars/issues? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I wonder how Dave got through their interview process so quickly, he must be very charming

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1339643784' post='2982682']
I'm really not sure what you're concern is. Ask anyone in NG, and they'll tell you this is exactly how they want the world to be.
[/quote]

I'd prefer more frequent small scale wars without CBs. Someone just going, Me-You beef to burn out, no allies, lets get it on.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1339643852' post='2982685']
I wonder how Dave got through their interview process so quickly, he must be very charming
[/quote]

Quite dreamy, have you ever looked in his eyes?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/L7DJq.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1339643784' post='2982682']
I'm really not sure what you're concern is. Ask anyone in NG, and they'll tell you this is exactly how they want the world to be.
[/quote]
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with NG. What a strange way to steer the topic. If you want to talk about NG, do it elsewhere.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1339643928' post='2982688']
I'd prefer more frequent small scale wars without CBs. Someone just going, Me-You beef to burn out, no allies, lets get it on.
[/quote]
Point and Case.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339643626' post='2982671']
Public opinion is valued as much as you place value in it. Controversy is implied with war, no matter the CB. And I'm sure MK barely cares about public opinion anyways. I'm talking about the pretense; it has no intrinsic value, so why bother? If it really makes no difference, you wouldn't make the effort to do a set up anyways. No need to hide anything in my opinion. Anyways, have fun.
[/quote]
Perhaps because it is the honest reasoning behind our actions? Dave is accused of less than even Ordo Verde, and the Kingdom rode to the distant green defense. I see no reason why we should not ride again. CSN is a terrible alliance that is, once again, in the wrong. We aim to punish them for it.

For Dave93.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1339638885' post='2982366']
It is evident from Rotavele's logs that Dave93 wasn't conducing spying so much as reading information being dumped into his lap. By the same logic, we should all be ZI targets for reading info leaked by zoom, and encouraging him in his massive exposé. At least that was a recent event, not [i]eight months ago[/i].
[/quote]

By the same logic Polar was rolled by PB. Good job picking a different scenario though! Congrats to Dave. CSN is dumb for willing to fight this, and we're all pathetic for allowing Rotavele the satisfaction of this war.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1339644108' post='2982697']
Point and Case.
[/quote]

I don't see how that makes us terrible? I'd rather people work past their grievances than let them stew and the entire treaty web stutter while a global war has to develop.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339644183' post='2982703']
By the same logic Polar was rolled by PB. Good job picking a different scenario though! Congrats to Dave. CSN is dumb for willing to fight this, and we're all pathetic for allowing Rotavele the satisfaction of this war.
[/quote]

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that we are not VE.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1339644282' post='2982707']
I don't see how that makes us terrible? I'd rather people work past their grievances than let them stew and the entire treaty web stutter while a global war has to develop.
[/quote]
I never said you were terrible. You said you were terrible.

NG is allied to NPO. I'd say it's conflict of philosophies to complain about MK's actions when they are allied to you.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1339644307' post='2982710']
Perhaps it is worth pointing out that we are not VE.
[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry I can not compare historical situations? I'll go inform Ardus the guy who compared this to "rolling out" in Karma who posted right above me.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339644129' post='2982698']
Perhaps because it is the honest reasoning behind our actions? Dave is accused of less than even Ordo Verde, and the Kingdom rode to the distant green defense. I see no reason why we should not ride again. CSN is a terrible alliance that is, once again, in the wrong. We aim to punish them for it.

For Dave93.
[/quote]
No, it makes perfect sense for you guys to go to war and I understand it. I am just a bit doubtful that "punishing CSN because they wronged dave" is something you really care that much about, given your history and the dubious circumstances here.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1339644574' post='2982720']
No, it makes perfect sense for you guys to go to war and I understand it. I am just a bit doubtful that "punishing CSN because they wronged dave" is something you really care that much about, given your history and the dubious circumstances here.
[/quote]
There are only two purposes to a [i]casus belli[/i]:
(1) To promote the war in the realm of public opinion.
(2) To state the grounds for which the war has been launched.

A CB must be one, the other, or both. A CB that is neither is without purpose and we therefore wouldn't do it. You've already agreed that we don't care about the first purpose, so it must be the second.