Announcement from GARO

Chris Kaos

My history with the Dirty Filthy Communists, who have rebranded themselves today as The International, began many moons ago when they were under the auspicious name of the International Communist Party. They fought alongside GATO and the other members of the League with distinction in January of 2007. I maintained good relations with the ICP and their successors thereafter, until I left Planet Bob for a while.

Of course, that’s not where the history ends for all our members. Many GAROans were in GATO at the time of the war against One Vision, and were there to witness the honourable selflessness of a small group of Communists who left the CPCN to join the fight alongside GATO. One of them, Azreal, has joined our ranks and has been a very vocal proponent of this treaty from our side of the pond. Another one of the volunteer commies, Cataduanes, has maintained excellent relations with our members throughout his time on Planet Bob. We’re pretty much in love with him in GARO, and this was our way of showing it and our love for all communists. Since we started the ball rolling on this, we’ve also made some other good friends who helped champion the treaty in INT.

And so, with that bit of history lesson out of the way, we'd like to announce the damn thing, and add that GARO and INT expect this to be the start of a very long, very fruitful relationship between our two great alliances.

[quote][size="5"][b]The Wheelchair Revolution Accords: A Mutually Defensive Pact[/b][/size]

[b]Preamble[/b]
In recognition of the camaraderie between the International and the Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers——the latter coming from a far off time of forgotten battles and wars in the old days that were and other ramblings——we followers of the old school acknowledge the masters in a mutually defensive pact of fraternity, friendship, and other repetitive synonyms. (Please enjoy our letter f based but still child-friendly alliteration.)

[b]Article I: Non-Aggression[/b]
Neither INT nor GARO will premeditate, declare, or prosecute war against the other signatory. Neither INT nor GARO will spy upon each other. Nor will either signatory encourage outside alliances to premeditate, declare, or prosecute a war against the other signatory.

[b]Article II: Communication and Intelligence[/b]
Should either INT or GARO possess intelligence relevant to the other signatory, that information must be made available to the other signatory within forty-eight hours.

[b]Article III: Economic Integration[/b]
INT and GARO express their support for economic cooperation between both alliances. INT will consider GARO a preferred tech partner and GARO will consider INT a preferred tech partner.

[b]Article IV: Mutual Defense[/b]
Both INT and GARO will defend the other should either face unprovoked hostility by an outside alliance. It is understood that an attack on one signatory is an attack on both signatories, and that the defense must be undertaken to the fullest capabilities of both signatories. However, should obligations placed upon either signatory outside of these Accords require either signatory to enter a war between two third parties, in such cases the other signatory shall not be obligated to come to the former's defense.

[b]Article V: Cancellation[/b]
The treaty shall be considered cancelled forty-eight hours after written notice of cancelation. Should either signatory breach Articles I or IV, these Accords may be immediately cancelled, with notice. Should either signatory attack a third party alliance with whom a treaty of the other signatory obligates defense, these Accords may be immediately cancelled, with notice.

[b]Signed for the International:[/b]
[i]The Congress of the International[/i]

[b]Signed for the Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers:[/b]
[i]Kevlar, Secretary General
Chris_Kaos, Deputy Secretary General
Grenval, Secretary of Foreign Affairs[/i][/quote]

On a related note to that, per Article V of the protectorate we hold with the United Purple Nations, specifically the clause, “However, once an MDP, MDOAP, or MADP is passed, the protectorate is null and void,” we announce our departure from UPN’s umbrella of protection and thank them for it. We expect to continue to maintain good and pleasant relations with the people and nations of UPN.

I am glad to see a formal bond forged where friendship has long existed.

Here's to both GARO and The International!

Also, a great thank you to UPN for their help in getting GARO started.

Edited by Wootmeister

I might be filthy but I bathe almost every week, so I completely reject the "dirty" label. When I walk into a room, it is quite often that people don't even catch a whiff of my arrival!

And now I must issue my obligatory cheers to this new agreement between our two groups... So, umm, cheers!

-Craig

I offer you my sincerest congratulations.

And also my sincerest prayers that the wildly flawed communists ideals dont infect and ruin the economies of your nations. Because god...are they ever terrible. Really, communism is a terrible idea...

Best of luck to the signatories! :awesome:

Edited by Chron

Many thanks for the kind words Chris, We see in GARO great potential for the future and I sincerely believe our partnership will be mutually beneficial for some time to come.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1283831092' post='2444826']
Congrats, but why anyone would be friends with Cata is beyond me :P
[/quote]
Extensive use of bribery has its uses my friend :v:

[quote name='Kevlar' timestamp='1283852334' post='2445106']
Ooh, time for some hot commie action :o

Hurrah for us!

-Kev
[/quote]
That's an oxymoron. No such thing as a "hot commie", maybe a "People's Hottie", but the idea of a "hot commie with which to perform actions with" is false.

But yes, Hurrah for you.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1283853158' post='2445113']
That's an oxymoron. No such thing as a "hot commie", maybe a "People's Hottie", but the idea of a "hot commie with which to perform actions with" is false.

But yes, Hurrah for you.
[/quote]
But I thought that Communism was Freedom. IS IT A LIE?