An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean there are some reasons here that have caused people to hit MI6 which is fair enough they have their reasons and clearly see them as CB's and that is their own thing. That's cool.

Although others can also see asking alliances members to join you while at war and high gov and normal members alike. People do take it as a piss take and a massive annoyance. It's just one of those things that may be a good lesson to learn. Then again I'm not sure. 

Moral of the story do your thing but don't moan when it bites you in the ass.

1 minute ago, Shurukian said:

You can feel free to pull out rey's words to combat my post, but I mentioned plainly upsetting members. All it takes is scrolling up a few posts to see that's true.

I think you might be messing up your timelines a little here.  You're upset with us for angering your members...after you'd declared war on us?  I fail to see the issue.

5 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

I think you might be messing up your timelines a little here.  You're upset with us for angering your members...after you'd declared war on us?  I fail to see the issue.

That's what we call an example.

As I already said, poaching isn't really a massive issue and definitely not a reason alone for war. It is more of an annoyance and is frustrating when telling you "no thanks" doesn't seem to stop it.

"Chim just tried to recruit me again lol" has been a pretty frequent statement in our backchannel since our DoE. Sort of an ongoing joke for us at this point.

Edited by Van Hoo III

7 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

That's what we call an example.

As I already said, poaching isn't really a massive issue and definitely not a reason alone for war. It is more of an annoyance and is frustrating when telling you "no thanks" doesn't seem to stop it.

"Chim just tried to recruit me again lol" has been a pretty frequent statement in our backchannel since our DoE. Sort of an ongoing joke for us at this point.

Okay, those three statements did not relate to one another in any way, and contradict each other. I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with this post, Hoo.

6 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Okay, those three statements did not relate to one another in any way, and contradict each other. I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with this post, Hoo.

C'mon Merger, surely you aren't that thick.

Hoo's saying that although the pettiness is bloody annoying, needs to stop, etc. etc., it was not the main turning point for the decision to go.

Any more questions?

8 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

All right. I'll make a diagram or flow chart, I guess.

1. Chim claimed that the last person he badgered was Xanth, and Shuru pointed out that someone in this very thread has already stated that he did it just last night. Chim stated that it's wartime and that he doesn't see an issue. I was pointing out that Doch is just one example.

2. People keep pointing out this poaching thing as if that's why this happened. I am pointing out (again) that while it's an annoyance (especially after they repeatedly declined), that it isn't the reason.

3. This statement points to how often it happens and how it's pretty much a joke to us at this point due to it's frequency.

All caught up now?

EDIT: Man, I should have just let Levon handle that. :D

Edited by Van Hoo III

1 hour ago, Shurukian said:

You don't see me claiming any moral high ground saying people should 'stay and work on things', do you? My ship had sailed there, I was unhappy and strongly aware of that. I will never falt a person for leaving an alliance - I will fault a person for leaving an alliance and then telling someone else they should have stayed, when they themselves did not.

Your ship sailed of your own will. You couldn't take the heat so you left, you didn't even give the election a shot. I went back because I believe things can change. I don't give up. It's not the hopeless battle you portray it to be either, you just didn't want to work for it.

This poaching business is non-sense. Grasping at some serious straws to add some thin layer of justification to your cause. That's rich. Especially when I recall a list of about 7-8 MI6 members you were trying to acquire from us in January. Oh yes, I saw that bby. ;)

Edited by Bernkastel

1 hour ago, Van Hoo III said:

Awesome hails. Great form. Your compliance is appreciated!

;)

Thank you.  Walk in the park.  I'm an excellent sycophant, being a member of DBDC, just review old Tywin essays for reference.  (sparing posting a link for everyone's sanity) . Another bit of advice if you don't mind,  do you think I should also hail NG DoW on MI6 for the intelligent and witty manner in which it was made?  Or would that appear to be over the top?    

Edited by White Chocolate

45 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

Your ship sailed of your own will. You couldn't take the heat so you left, you didn't even give the election a shot. I went back because I believe things can change. I don't give up. It's not the hopeless battle you portray it to be either, you just didn't want to work for it.

This poaching business is non-sense. Grasping at some serious straws to add some thin layer of justification to your cause. That's rich. 

I'm going to level with you because I feel somewhat sorry for you: You are the last person who should be posting in this thread.

If you're wondering why then I will clue you in on what MI6 gov already knows. MI6 "private" conversations are not private. Every lie you told, every comment you made about us, every false claim you made? We read it. They were not made in a safe place where it won't get back to us. Your words were not shrouded in secrecy nor were they protected by the individuals in those channels with you.

Now, think back (lol) to your return to MI6 and mentally go over anything you might have said or claimed. Once you have, it will dawn on you as to why we take any comment you might make with a very large grain of salt. It would also explain why your posts in our embassy and presence in our IRC channel is met with a lukewarm response at best.

Take care, Bern.

Edited by Van Hoo III

11 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Thank you.  Walk in the park.  I'm an excellent sycophant, being a member of DBDC, just review old Tywin essays for reference.  (sparing posting a link for everyone's sanity) . This is a walk in the park. Another bit of advice if you don't mind,  do you think I should also hail NG DoW on MI6 for the intelligent and witty manner in which it was made?  Or would that appear to be over the top?  

I'm a little rusty (and old), but I think it is proper to hail them all.

22 minutes ago, Bernkastel said:

This poaching business is non-sense. Grasping at some serious straws to add some thin layer of justification to your cause. That's rich. Especially when I recall a list of about 7-8 MI6 members you were trying to acquire from us in January. Oh yes, I saw that bby. ;)

Heres the thing you keep pretending like these people did absolutely nothing to try and change the culture of MI6 while they had the power to do so, they did the issue is as follows the culture of your alliance will never change until the cult of personality disappears, so they had an option blow up the alliance and take the remnants or they could do what they did which was move on with their lives and let MI6 continue to be its own sshtshow self.

48 minutes ago, TheListener said:

they could do what they did which was move on with their lives and let MI6 continue to be its own sshtshow self.

We did that and were met with immediate hostility from Chim and... some others... which didnt help matters in "mending" things either... now they burn, all is well.

I also clearly remember some threads turning disgustingly ugly... Ending with people (including Sargun) quitting over the crap being flung at everyone that needed a break from the MI6 !@#$%^&* inability to get anything done... like it or not, its crap like this that ends with alliances not liking eachother from the start...

Who's ship sailed of their own will Bern? 

Edited by Keres

34 minutes ago, Facade said:

This is genuinely disgusting.  And to think I actually considered joining.

Ive been Disgusted since Late December/January,,, Something tells me its not about the same things though... because its proven me right.

Edited by Keres