An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Helbrecht said:

A lot of us who are not firmer MI6 have no interest in the dynamics stemming from what happened before we came together to form TBC.

My beef is with what has happened since. There is only so much you can get away with, only so many times you can explain away filthy BS by pointing at others or blood alcohol levels. You are judged by your own words and deeds. Does not matter how many of TBC told us thats just Chim being Chim, i can smell rot when the manhole opens.This day was coming. It is now here. Sucks that i am in transit, but i will get there, soon.

Is MI6 still blaming their shortcomings on Umbrella black balling their innocent souls? Or has that ship finally sailed?

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

3 hours ago, Chimaera said:

Just gonna keep this here for posterity's sake.

We each have our own reasons for being here.

I do find it hilarious that even after war was declared, you still found it necessary to badger our members into leaving TBC and joining MI6. I cannot understand how you can't grasp these actions are not beneficial for you, and similarly, that they don't end up right with us, at leadership. How many times must we dismiss something 'small' for it to becoming a larger behemoth that we've allowed to infract against us with no word?

11 minutes ago, Isolatar said:

Not many people know this but when Tamerlane hit TBC, MI6 were willing to attack him for you guys. I guess friendship isn't your sort of thing.

You have no idea how painfully ironic that subject is to bring up as a defense of Chimaera/MI6.

Edited by Shurukian

1 hour ago, Isolatar said:

Not many people know this but when Tamerlane hit TBC, MI6 were willing to attack him for you guys. I guess friendship isn't your sort of thing.

I like you, but you seriously need to find out more if that is what you are leading with. The friendship you allude to, has stopped tanks from rolling before. The fondness so many of my alliance mates have for Those that were in MI6 kept one man's !@#$%ry from getting them all rolled.

Edited by Helbrecht

1 hour ago, Isolatar said:

Not many know this but *someone* made that worse...

Also im still not allowed anywhere near these people for a joke THAT someone didnt like.

Joke's on them. 

Edited by Keres

12 minutes ago, MitchellBade said:

If TBC had such a problem with MI6 in January, maybe, just maybe, y'all should've attacked in on I don't know...January?

Maybe you should ask your other face that question. Our backs still hurt...

:D

Just now, Chimaera said:

Yeah, because that's definitely the right point to be making here.

Chim!

Does it really matter? I really dont care about anything and just want to see something glow a pretty green color... early fireworks and all that... its just getting that Love/Hate relationship to the next level.

:wub: 

32 minutes ago, MitchellBade said:

If TBC had such a problem with MI6 in January, maybe, just maybe, y'all should've attacked in on I don't know...January?

These have been ongoing issues, not something that occurred in January and ceased, and you are painfully aware of that.

Similarly, as we discussed last night, I fail to see how jumping on an AA that was, at that time, in shambles from three months of war is somehow a better proposition.

30 minutes ago, MitchellBade said:

We had no interest in attacking an alliance that was just rebuilding after getting rolled, regardless of Chim's ongoing idiocy.

Like I said, some might disagree, but we're not attacking them over any of that. That stretch of stupidity just made joining in an easier decision to make.

7 hours ago, Van Hoo III said:

To be fair, we aren't attacking you over those problems. They are, however, what made it easy to agree to help when asked.

13 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

We had no interest in attacking an alliance that was just rebuilding after getting rolled, regardless of Chim's ongoing idiocy.

Like I said, some might disagree, but we're not attacking them over any of that. That stretch of stupidity just made joining in an easier decision to make.

So these two posts have nothing to do with one another? "Making it easier to agree" does not equal "not attacking over any of that"? Maybe it's me, but that sounds very much like an admission that this war was started for, at least partially, that reason.

14 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

So these two posts have nothing to do with one another? "Making it easier to agree" does not equal "not attacking over any of that"? Maybe it's me, but that sounds very much like an admission that this war was started for, at least partially, that reason.

There was no ill will from us, yet its hard to like someone whos being an ass at every turn. Especially when a lot of us gave that ass everythng we had for a long time... only to be met by hostlity when we decided we wanted omething new... So when actual friends asked... BOOM

im not privy to any of this stuff but I think that what Hoo is saying...

Edited by Keres

1 minute ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Not sure where I lost you.

We didn't start the war, so stating it was started "at least partially" for that reason wouldn't be accurate ... unless you mean that the war started due to you (or some of you) doing their damnedest to be unlikable to multiple alliances, then I guess you can see it that way in a basic context. The war was started by other folks for a list of reasons posted elsewhere. We were asked by multiple allies if we wanted in. Since we have had prior issues and dislike you (with some exceptions), then saying "yes" was easy.

So no, our DoW isn't a direct result of past issues, but no, it didn't take any arm twisting when multiple allies asked us to enter as well. Pretty simple really and not all that dramatic I'm afraid.

tl;dr - don't be frustrating d-bags and people won't want to roll you and would be more inclined to decline when asked to help.

Just now, Keres said:

There was no ill will from us, yet its hard to like someones whos being an ass at every turn. So when friends asked... BOOM

im not privy to any of this stuff but I think that what Hoo is saying...

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any vitriol occurring after mid-February. You could have attacked us then. But you didn't. I am 95% confident it was because we were bigger than you, more coordinated than you, and quieter than you. You aligned yourselves with Oculus, and you brought this on yourselves. We have been quiet for the last four months, so don't try to pin this on us being confrontational, as so many of your comrades have done.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any vitriol occurring after mid-February. You could have attacked us then. But you didn't. I am 95% confident it was because we were bigger than you, more coordinated than you, and quieter than you. You aligned yourselves with Oculus, and you brought this on yourselves. We have been quiet for the last four months, so don't try to pin this on us being confrontational, as so many of your comrades have done.

You are correct, we haven't had any recent issues ... but are incorrect about why no attack came. Of course you're bigger than us, but we could have had any number of alliances sign up for such an attack along with us. We chose not to. You're welcome.

Being quiet is great and not an awful idea, but doesn't magic away past transgressions. Again, when you act towards an alliance as some of yours have and the day comes where they have a decision to make ... well, you already made it for them.

3 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Fact is MI6 still has some pretty great people! Others were more than happy to take turns taking dumps on people who just wanted something else... You were one of those at the time... I remember seeing goodbye threads... That wasnt going to help MI6 make friends... and thats just from the start,,, there were some other incidents that just didnt make us like you very much that im pretty sure stemmed from THAT...

See where im going with this? im pretty sure most of us wanted at least a working relationship with you guys... at the time... and then the "dont let the door hit you on the ass" comments came and that will just... evaporated... its funny isnt it?

5 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

You are correct, we haven't had any recent issues ... but are incorrect about why no attack came. Of course you're bigger than us, but we could have had any number of alliances sign up for such an attack along with us. We chose not to. You're welcome.

Being quiet is great and not an awful idea, but doesn't magic away past transgressions. Again, when you act towards an alliance as some of yours have and the day comes where they have a decision to make ... well, you already made it for them.

I certainly don't recall making any decisions for MI6 with regards to how to treat TBC, other than determining, along with Shuru, to close the embassies until March. Chimaera is not the entirety of MI6, despite what other parties would have you think.

6 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I certainly don't recall making any decisions for MI6 with regards to how to treat TBC, other than determining, along with Shuru, to close the embassies until March. Chimaera is not the entirety of MI6, despite what other parties would have you think.

"You" doesn't mean you personally. While we've seen plenty of conversations and logs in regard to us, I don't recall you being in them or at least weren't involved in any of the negative commentary. Gold star for you.

I don't need other parties to form an opinion of Chim's involvement. I saw it when I was a member and have seen it after I was gone. Perks of having plenty of friends in MI6 at the time who were not amused at what he was trying to do and the amount of dishonesty he exhibited. Like it or not, that still reflected on you.