An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

1 minute ago, Keres said:

Still cant come to terms that people left MI6 because we got tired of your crap? 

I would think he has expressed the fact that he has come to terms with that. In fact, many of those MI6ers that left for TBC have since returned. So, I'm not really sure where, exactly, you're getting this idea that Chimaera remains bitter about the fact that you all left six months ago.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Oh, we poach. Absolutely. In fact, it's in our IRC channel topic. One of us even has a list of people they want in TBC up for display and not hidden in the slightest. We have no problem admitting things that are actually, you know, true. I'll also refer you to the many posts that explain that we don't have an issue with poaching, just your badgering of our members to the point of annoyance about it. Again though, that's not why we're here really. Not that facts have ever mattered to you.

5 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Came to terms with that months ago; when three ex-TBCers and one current TBCer tell us about this particular post and give us some of the names on it (I see Levon was a recent acquisition of yours), it starts being really damn funny when you're attacking us for it.

To be fair its a "We like these people, they're awesome, we would take em in in a second" list more than a "poach" list... But Chim is spinning his !@#$%^&*... 

Sargun just made my list BTW for real this time.

Edited by Keres

2 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Came to terms with that months ago; when three ex-TBCers and one current TBCer tell us about this particular post and give us some of the names on it (I see Levon was a recent acquisition of yours), it starts being really damn funny when you're attacking us for it.

My god, can you reach any further? That's a list that's open to pretty much anyone on our forums... it was Kait's joking 'wish list' from when we started. The idea that this is an active poaching list is positively laughable. We used to talk about people's positioning on it in our public IRC channel.

We're just so terrible. Meanwhile you got caught with your hands in at least two of our member's pockets in the last 24 hours.... How delightfully projectionist of you.

7 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Believe it or not, my application to TBC was non-influenced. I wasn't poached, and TBC poaching wasn't the reason I left MI6 or joined them.

Shocking, I know!

5 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Oh sure, let's just disregard your former MoFA who was in MI6 for years before deciding to go to TBC. He's not someone with insight at all. lol

I would offer that, had you managed to recruit me, I would have been able to offer far more insight than Mvbomber, especially being that he was not privy to all that much sensitive information.

1 minute ago, Shurukian said:

My god, can you reach any further? That's a list that's open to pretty much anyone on our forums... it was Kait's joking 'wish list' from when we started. The idea that this is an active poaching list is positively laughable. We used to talk about people's positioning on it in our public IRC channel.

We're just so terrible. Meanwhile you got caught with your hands in at least two of our member's pockets in the last 24 hours.... How delightfully projectionist of you.

We're at war, can you really blame him?

4 minutes ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

I would offer that, had you managed to recruit me, I would have been able to offer far more insight than Mvbomber, especially being that he was not privy to all that much sensitive information.

Then please offer it.

Just now, Van Hoo III said:

Oh sure, let's just disregard your former MoFA who was in MI6 for years before deciding to go to TBC. He's not someone with insight at all. lol

So tell me Chim, how did WE burn bridges? Remember, I have no problem calling you out when you lie. It's become a hobby, actually. And, we didn't plan this at all, so I'm not sure how you can surmise that we have been "planning to do this for a very long time". Thanks to your nonsense, you're an easy target so literally if ANY alliance in the game wanted to attack you they simply would. No real need to wait this long.

Oh, we poach. Absolutely. In fact, it's in our IRC channel topic. One of us even has a list of people they want in TBC up for display and not hidden in the slightest. We have no problem admitting things that are actually, you know, true. I'll also refer you to the many posts that explain that we don't have an issue with poaching, just your badgering of our members to the point of annoyance about it. Again though, that's not why we're here really. Not that facts have ever mattered to you.

Gonna chime in here with my two cents.

YOU burnt bridges by betraying the members of MI6 who still trusted you. YOU burnt bridges by joining up with the hegemony, betraying your raison d'etre (as was explained to me by SEVERAL of your founding members, gov't and non gov't) and have burnt bridges by joining the worst hegemonic force this game has seen.

You willfully admit to bandwagoning in this thread, then have the gall to say no hard feelings, MI6 deserves it, etc etc?

You left MI6 because you do not like Chim. That is fine. His personality is what drives MI6; we would simply cease to exist without his efforts. 

You had problems with Chim. Also fine; Chim can be a major !@#$%^&. We worked on this together; put into place a system to try and give us some breathing room.

Your attempt to curry favor with the powers that be is what gives me elevated blood pressure. I had so much respect for you guys; I even flirted with joining a time or two. You know what stopped me? How incredible fickle you are.

Love or hate Chim, he is consistent. He is loyal. and he sticks to his guns when he believes something. That is what I value on Bob; there's damn little loyalty left in this place. Friends > Infra was more than just a saying to some of us back in 2008, and it still rings true in my heart today. 

I am deeply, thoroughly disgusted.

3 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Jumping Jesus on a pogostick, WE ARE NOT ATTACKING YOU FOR IT.

We're attacking you because allies asked us to and and we had no problem saying yes because you personally (for the most part) are a liar who tried (and failed) to make us look like the bad guy because you lost stats and were terrified that you might lose more. We attempted to have a positive (or at least neutral) relationship with you, but not only did you not want that but you decided it was a smart move to make things up, sensationalize and exaggerate, badmouth us, and act like an all around d-bag for no real reason.

MI6 isn't in the position it's in at random or because "the Man" is keeping you down, Chim. It's not because people lie about you or because they "fear" your potential. It's not because you're active and it makes folks jealous. It's not because people conspire against you. No one has to do anything at all, in fact, for you to remain in this position until the lights go off. They simply have to wait until you start shooting your mouth off and say (or do) something stupid. It's inevitable and requires zero plotting or scheming from other alliances.

There's a reason that back when this world was more populated and full of actual intrigue that you were a blip on the radar at best. It's because you're just horrific at this on an epic level and don't seem to realize that.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. People who once called each other brothers, are doing nothing but tearing one another down as we fling insults back and forth. I unfortunately was not around when this split happened, but after I returned to MI6 at the end of January, I was struck by just how much of our boards were dedicated to this feud. I don't believe TBC were plotting to hit us for ages now, I do believe they however have grievances with us that have festered by going ignored for the past couple of months. The MI6 policy these past couple of months has been to literally just ignore TBC, which, while perhaps an effective solution in the short-term, was always going to leave bitterness on both sides. There are plenty of people in TBC I really like, so i'm hopeful that after this war we can both share a beer.

3 minutes ago, Duke Nukem said:

What we have here is a failure to communicate. People who once called each other brothers, are doing nothing but tearing one another down as we fling insults back and forth. I unfortunately was not around when this split happened, but after I returned to MI6 at the end of January, I was struck by just how much of our boards were dedicated to this feud. I don't believe TBC were plotting to hit us for ages now, I do believe they however have grievances with us that have festered by going ignored for the past couple of months. The MI6 policy these past couple of months has been to literally just ignore TBC, which, while perhaps an effective solution in the short-term, was always going to leave bitterness on both sides. There are plenty of people in TBC I really like, so i'm hopeful that after this war we can both share a beer.

Well said.

2 minutes ago, Duke Nukem said:

This is the problem with MI6. Even after this long hug out jesture, you fail to understand / take responsibility for your actions.

The amount of alliances fighting for Steve's well-being (as stated in the OPs) is again diluted with MI6s own dilussional views of planet Bob.

There was not a single reference of sharing a beer with Steve and thus you still haven't learned your lesson and have again proven why you are the planet Bob whipping boy.

16 minutes ago, Devilyn Caster said:

I am deeply, thoroughly disgusted.

Like I said earlier ive been disgusted at MI6 since I saw the threads of people who wanted to stay on good terms and they were crapped on... I know YOU personally werent one of those (sorry) but Chim was, Merger was, Ava was... and they were all in govt and pretty obviously didnt think pursuing a normal relationship with us was worth it... or even wanted... if anything this made it easy to jump in against MI6. 

Edited by Keres

Just now, Lord Hitchcock said:

This is the problem with MI6. Even after this long hug out jesture, you fail to understand / take responsibility for your actions.

The amount of alliances fighting for Steve's well-being (as stated in the OPs) is again diluted with MI6s own dilussional views of planet Bob.

There was not a single reference of sharing a beer with Steve and thus you still haven't learned your lesson and have again proven why you are the planet Bob whipping boy.

This post actually made no sense, for the sake of my remaining brain cells, please stop posting.

I admit openly that MI6 in many cases has acted in a hostile manner towards TBC, but most of this happened in January/February. Both MI6 and TBC allowed these wounds to fester in the months after that, and as a result, TBC was not opposed to bandwaggonning on us when NG asked them to.

I think that if both sides had tried to come to some sort of reconciliation, we, as former comrades, could have put to bed some of the issues that caused this war.

Thus, i'm hopeful that this war, in the case of TBC, will lead to us finally putting our issues to bed once and for all.

3 minutes ago, Keres said:

Like I said earlier ive been disgusted at MI6 since I saw the threads of people who wanted to stay on good terms and they were crapped on... I know YOU personally werent one of those (sorry) but Chim was, Merger was, Ava was... and they were all in govt and pretty obviously didnt think pursuing a normal relationship with us was worth it... if anything this made it easy to jump in against MI6.

That would probably be because you were mostly made up of former MI6 members, and most of our members did not want to pursue a relationship, so we did not see it as prudent. I'm not sure what is so difficult to see about that.

EDIT: Though after re-reading your post, we did, as a government, attempt to pursue a normal relationship with you guys. It was more our members that didn't see that as the most prudent option, so if you're going to blame someone, blame Chim, since he seems to be getting most of the blame.

Edited by Vladimir Poutine

1 minute ago, Duke Nukem said:

I think that if both sides had tried to come to some sort of reconciliation, we, as former comrades, could have put to bed some of the issues that caused this war.

This will come as a shock, but I completely agree with that.

Just now, Keres said:

Like I said earlier ive been disgusted at MI6 since I saw the threads of people who wanted to stay on good terms and they were crapped on... I know YOU personally werent one of those (sorry) but Chim was, Merger was, Ava was... and they were all in govt and pretty obviously didnt think pursuing a normal relationship with us was worth it... if anything this made it easy to jump in against MI6.

As far as I know (and I've been MoFA since you all left) there has been little to zero interaction between TBC and us since march. On both parts. I had assumed (wrongly, apparently) that you had moved on from the issues plaguing us. Instead of attempting FA, like what used to happen in this place, you bandwagoned on an aggressive war to earn a spot at the cool kids table. Which is your right. But it leaves me deeply, thoroughly disgusted.

Just now, Duke Nukem said:

This post actually made no sense, for the sake of my remaining brain cells, please stop posting.

I admit openly that MI6 in many cases has acted in a hostile manner towards TBC, but most of this happened in January/February. Both MI6 and TBC allowed these wounds to fester in the months after that, and as a result, TBC was not opposed to bandwaggonning on us when NG asked them to.

Thus, i'm hopeful that this war, in the case of TBC, will lead to us finally putting our issues to bed once and for all.

There was a similar 'we'll do better sentiment' at the end of the first oculus war- only to be short lived

1 minute ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

That would probably be because you were mostly made up of former MI6 members, and most of our members did not want to pursue a relationship, so we did not see it as prudent. I'm not sure what is so difficult to see about that.

The decision to not have a relationship with us was fine, the lies and insults were not. We did not start that.

1 minute ago, Vladimir Poutine said:

Had in been handled in a less Hostile manner... seeing as was pointed out, we were all friendly with eachother... instead the complete opposite happened... aaand now this...

18 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Jumping Jesus on a pogostick, WE ARE NOT ATTACKING YOU FOR IT.

We're attacking you because allies asked us to and and we had no problem saying yes because you personally (for the most part) are a liar who tried (and failed) to make us look like the bad guy because you lost stats and were terrified that you might lose more. We attempted to have a positive (or at least neutral) relationship with you, but not only did you not want that but you decided it was a smart move to make things up, sensationalize and exaggerate, badmouth us, and act like an all around d-bag for no real reason.

MI6 isn't in the position it's in at random or because "the Man" is keeping you down, Chim. It's not because people lie about you or because they "fear" your potential. It's not because you're active and it makes folks jealous. It's not because people conspire against you. No one has to do anything at all, in fact, for you to remain in this position until the lights go off. They simply have to wait until you start shooting your mouth off and say (or do) something stupid. It's inevitable and requires zero plotting or scheming from other alliances.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Duke Nukem said:

I'm agreeing with WANA! This is spot on. If we have any animosity, let's get it out now and have a beer afterwards.

Edited by Shurukian

1 minute ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

There was a similar 'we'll do better sentiment' at the end of the first oculus war- only to be short lived

To be fair, we mostly lived up to that. Besides some spats with TBC which is only a more minor part of this coalition, we have not aggressed or picked fights with another member of this coalition.

I believe that TBC has vaild grievances against us, I do not feel similarly towards NG or Polar.