An Announcement from the Bears with Guns and Lasers

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Two active alliances with a grudge going at it will do that, I guess. :P

Yes, I've got a massive grudge against TBC. They stole my lunchbox

I find the commentary on Chim being MI6 kind of amusing. That's basically like saying Chim was directly responsible for MI6's fall from grace, their regular rolling, and why their best members left for TBC and others. Then you wonder why people hate MI6 while acknowledging that some people don't like Chim.

I barely play cybernations anymore and have not really followed anything CN wise for at least 9 months now. However the few times I did sign in it was evident to me that my alliance, MI6, has not changed much overall and still has the habit of pissing others off regardless if it was our intention or not. These DoWs do not surprise me at all given the antagonism protruding from my alliance since at least the time of TBC forming, even an inactive husk could see it. Maybe this alliance will finally change for the better. Regardless I will enjoy my wars and look forward to using up all of my nukes. 

2 hours ago, keeology said:

Yes, I've got a massive grudge against TBC. They stole my lunchbox

To be fair, it was an Iron Man lunchbox. I can hardly be blamed for taking it.

1 hour ago, XxHouseArrestXx said:

Van Hoo likes to hoard lunchboxes, if you got a new one hold onto it. 

This guy. This guy knows me.

1 hour ago, salsabeast1 said:

I barely play cybernations anymore and have not really followed anything CN wise for at least 9 months now. However the few times I did sign in it was evident to me that my alliance, MI6, has not changed much overall and still has the habit of pissing others off regardless if it was our intention or not. These DoWs do not surprise me at all given the antagonism protruding from my alliance since at least the time of TBC forming, even an inactive husk could see it. Maybe this alliance will finally change for the better. Regardless I will enjoy my wars and look forward to using up all of my nukes. 

Ever since I first became active in MI6, I've liked you.

6 minutes ago, keeology said:

And we're supposed be the evil ones. :P

Oh no, you are not taking that title, MI6 scum**! We turned heel.

lol :P

* I don't actually refer to anyone in MI6 as "scum", not even Chim. This comment is humorous in nature. Please don't tell anyone. Appearances and whatnot.

I barely play cybernations anymore and have not really followed anything CN wise for at least 9 months now. 

I suppose that explains why you spent the entirety of the last Mi6 rolling in PM. 

Regardless I will enjoy my wars and look forward to using up all of my nukes. 

I'm surprised to hear this... you know... because of your aforementioned PM warrior credentials. 

2 hours ago, Van Hoo III said:

Oh no, you are not taking that title, MI6 scum**! We turned heel.

2 hours ago, keeology said:

And we're supposed be the evil ones.

Im definitely one of the bad guys... now... whats in the Paper Bag?

paddle-1430922379.gif

2 hours ago, XxHouseArrestXx said:

You sir, are a tyrant.  Think of the children! 

Eff the kids. Gimme all the lunchboxes.

Seriously, anyone who has paid half a minutes' attention to how Chim has treated TBC since our forming should have seen this coming. We had no desire to plan an attack on MI6 or it would have happened before the Ides of March. This is all happening because Chim has a certain special set of skills, and those skills result in wars on MI6. The messed up part is that TBC likes 95%+ of MI6, but that per cent remaining kinda runs things, So yeah...I have wanted war in general and when our chance came, it was someone we would enjoy hitting.

Have a nice day. Or don't.

I find people in certain TBC members complaining about MI6s poaching tactics hilarious when they argued the opposing point against me vehemently when they themselves were MI6 members. Doch specifically.

That said I completely agree with TBCs viewpoint here as it is the same one I argued years ago prior to the Kaskus/MI6 war.* 

There have been several mentions about how the attempts at reconciliation ended in March. By no coincidence this was when I left MI6. I foresaw this war and I did attempt to head it off before it happened. And yet Chim continued to be Chim and reconciliation proved impossible. Anyone who got on for the MI6COM the one time I got on got a taste of what hurdles were attempted to be overcome. 

* = and I don't mean the war itself. I mean when Kaskus/NEW/SRA almost attacked MI6 at the height of its power but Xanth was scared of going into a losing war because infra > principles. 

34 minutes ago, Unknown Smurf said:

* = and I don't mean the war itself. I mean when Kaskus/NEW/SRA almost attacked MI6 at the height of its power but Xanth was scared of going into a losing war because infra > principles. 

Hey, look!  I read the small print. :)

Trouble with your theory is, Xanth wasn't running SRA at that point, I was.  Although no love was lost between SRA and MI6 at that point (mostly just words and !@#$%*iness between the parties), it was my decision not to enter, not Xanth's.  I don't typically enter wars over slights (or perceived slights, I guess, from Mi6's vantage), and as I examined your CB I couldn't quite be convinced that all the ducks were in a row. (I try to operate with CB's that won't rankle dear Schattenmann).  As I recall, I was correct, although I tried to support you on the OWF as much as I could in the circumstances.

Also, to be fair, I've known Xanth a long time, and I haven't seen him avoid a war, losing or otherwise, particularly when principle is involved (as was proven quite recently).

Don't recall NEW being in the mix at all, although it seems someone else was -- it all seems so long ago now.  

Edited by Walshington

2 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Trouble with your theory is, Xanth wasn't running SRA at that point, I was.  Although no love was lost between SRA and MI6 at that point (mostly just words and !@#$%*iness between the parties), it was my decision not to enter, not Xanth's.  I don't typically enter wars over slights (or perceived slights, I guess, from Mi6's vantage), and as I examined your CB I couldn't quite be convinced that all the ducks were in a row. (I try to operate with CB's that won't rankle dear Schattenmann).  As I recall, I was correct.

Also, to be fair, I've known Xanth a long time, and I haven't seen him avoid a war, losing or otherwise, particularly when principle is involved (as was proven quite recently).

Don't recall NEW being in the mix at all, although it seems someone else was) -- it all seems so long ago now.  

That war was mostly unrelated (I say mostly because that war was influenced by other actions by MI6 but had no direct coorelation -- which is why I said I agree with TBC overall here). The cause of the fallout between SRA (Xanth, you?) and myself was after Smurth's post ( http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122040-a-note-on-mi6-recruitment-tactics/ ) -- in the aftermath of that I was geared up to hit MI6 and had recruited (or attempted to recruit) a few alliances to the cause. NEW, Kaskus, FAN, SRA, III% and SP&TR iirc, Xanth turned around and told MI6/others that I was trying to get SRA into a war without his/y'alls backing because (from my perspective) he was scared of the Umb/Sparta/etc. retribution (MI6 had many powerful allies at the time). 

1 hour ago, Unknown Smurf said:

That war was mostly unrelated (I say mostly because that war was influenced by other actions by MI6 but had no direct coorelation -- which is why I said I agree with TBC overall here). The cause of the fallout between SRA (Xanth, you?) and myself was after Smurth's post ( http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122040-a-note-on-mi6-recruitment-tactics/ ) -- in the aftermath of that I was geared up to hit MI6 and had recruited (or attempted to recruit) a few alliances to the cause. NEW, Kaskus, FAN, SRA, III% and SP&TR iirc, Xanth turned around and told MI6/others that I was trying to get SRA into a war without his/y'alls backing because (from my perspective) he was scared of the Umb/Sparta/etc. retribution (MI6 had many powerful allies at the time). 

Oh yeah, that one.  Have vague memories of that -- again, my decision.  Something didn't add up in that one either -- I do remember Xanth showing me logs in which he felt you were misrepresenting us to MI6 or your allies or something.  The details escape me, it wasn't fear of Umbrella or Sparta or whoever.  I tend to like the wars that escalate unexpectedly to jolt the guys who are planning the annual curb stomps.  Although they usually seem to cut them off (Beer Guzzlers War, UCR-FAN, etc.)

Something struck as as not Kosher about your set up.  Must have struck others that way, too, because in no way were the Red Asses the lynchpin of that coalition.

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

Trouble with your theory is, Xanth wasn't running SRA at that point, I was.  Although no love was lost between SRA and MI6 at that point (mostly just words and !@#$%*iness between the parties), it was my decision not to enter, not Xanth's.  

Xanth probably had his MI6 application pending, previously verified on the current war threads.

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

I think you were on vacation the last time we left him under a pile of rubble

2 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Xanth probably had his MI6 application pending, previously verified on the current war threads.

Not exactly sure what you are inferring, but Xanth never applied to MI6.  Pretty sure Xanth and MI6 will both reliably testify that there was no love lost between them.

I think you were on vacation the last time we left him under a pile of rubble

Which, if true, would prove my point that he doesn't shy away from activity that would have such a result.  This must involve the Knights of Ni issue with PPO -- yes, I was...  on vacation.

But I feel we may be hijacking the thread at this juncture.

59 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Not exactly sure what you are inferring, but Xanth never applied to MI6.  Pretty sure Xanth and MI6 will both reliably testify that there was no love lost between them.

Which, if true, would prove my point that he doesn't shy away from activity that would have such a result.  This must involve the Knights of Ni issue with PPO -- yes, I was...  on vacation.

But I feel we may be hijacking the thread at this juncture.

Yeah, I hate that, too.  Xanth is a really cool dude, and he posted a topic specifically asking to be recruited.  We thought it would be really cool and funny if we went INSANELY overboard...he took it as insulting instead of silly, and I'm sure we were inadvertently dicks instead of being fun, and it's led to years of animosity.  I regret that a lot, because Xanth and I had always gotten along really well until then.  Sometimes, !@#$ just happens between people.  I'd fix that in a heartbeat if I thought I could.

Edited by Chimaera

Smurf- I told you then that sra would not fight anyone without a valid cb. You in turn ran to mi6 offering them a cb against us. Yeah, rift caused right there by you and your continuous scheming. Allies don't offer up their friends for a chance to start a war.
You are exactly where you deserve to be now, getting curbstomped into oblivion. Hell, I might even throw my application in to OC just to nuke your sorry Ass myself.

Chim- you're thinking about smurthwaite. The only time in your alliances existence that I've had any fuzzy feelings for mi6 was when Roland and myself signed your first treaty at your doe when we were running hb.

You, your alliance and 90% of your members have proven time and again that you deserve every lopsided curbstomp you take. I've never applied to mi6 though I've had many attempts at being poached throughout the years.

Hitchcock- get over it already. Yes we ruined your alliance and forced your surrender. It's all history now so please let go of your obsession with me because you really are the furthest thing from my mind on a daily basis.