The topic you've all been waiting for

H2BKs

I didn't know you were the author of this thread, Starfox.

Neither did I know that you had decided to defect from DBDC and join WTF.

Clearly I need to catch up on who's who.

Oh wait, you did neither of those? Hmmm....then could it be I wasn't addressing you?

(I'm fine, btw. Reading comprehension is still close to 100%.)

Regardless, it is incredibly stupid to be accusing people making critical posts or undertaking defensive actions of attempting to drag WTF into war when they are already being full-scale engaged by the people you seem to defend at every corner.

You already knew that, though. I know you can at least understand the absurdity.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, it is incredibly stupid to be accusing people making critical posts or undertaking defensive actions of attempting to drag WTF into war when they are already being full-scale engaged by the people you seem to defend at every corner.

You already knew that, though. I know you can at least understand the absurdity.

I've no idea what you mean by "defend at every corner." Is this about my criticism of your Emperor's moronic decree? That's all I can think of that might be construed as defense of DBDC. (I'd like to point out that my prediction about its ultimate fate was spot-on. Setting aside that stupid pronouncement was part of Polaris' surrender terms.)

No, what I consider absurd is for an alliance to accept someone who is at war. Period. That is doubly absurd when said alliance proclaims itself as being neutral or isolationist.

DBDC is attacking WTF. I'm not a fan of that, but I'm not directly tied to either alliance so there's little real interest on my part. But WTF accepting a member at war is the kind of thing that could cause this situation to expand in ways to WTF's detriment. Pointing this out is not "incredibly stupid." It is, rather, incredibly obvious to anyone who isn't walking around with a Dajobo-sized chip on their shoulder.

You seem to think that I've undergone some kind of dramatic sea change with respect to whom I support, whom I criticize, and why. I have not. In terms of 'alignment', I am what I have always been: a true neutral. When I criticize, my criticism is genuine. When I praise, that is genuine as well. My ultimate interest is my alliance and my alliance alone; something that I think I proved during my brief time as its leader.

It's not always about DBDC. It's not always about Polar. (It's not even always about Nordreich.) Sometimes it's just about really poor decisions on the part of alliance leadership. Accepting CT was one of those poor decisions.

You really are quite clueless Kingzog so I'll set you straight.

Firstly I stated at the time it was until ourselves and DBDC had reached an agreement. We actually had reached that agreement before the war ended (infact before either of us even knew when the war would end) and we both agreed it would take effect when the war ended.

Secondly we didn't surrender. We left the war at the request of our ally TOP when they had a deal they felt was satisfactory.

Finally I have no chip on my shoulder at all and will happily work with DBDC or any other alliance on Bob towards any goal we share.

You really are quite clueless Kingzog so I'll set you straight.

Firstly I stated at the time it was until ourselves and DBDC had reached an agreement. We actually had reached that agreement before the war ended (infact before either of us even knew when the war would end) and we both agreed it would take effect when the war ended.

Secondly we didn't surrender. We left the war at the request of our ally TOP when they had a deal they felt was satisfactory.

Finally I have no chip on my shoulder at all and will happily work with DBDC or any other alliance on Bob towards any goal we share.

Wasn't talking to you, but thanks for thinking of me.

It just seems that so many on your side of the web have a problem understanding the difference between a legitimate criticism and the usual 'my side, right or wrong' nonsense. I don't engage in the latter. Never have, never will. Starfox should know better, at least as far as I'm concerned.

And of course you didn't surrender. Why, no less an authority than Tywin said so. And we all know he's Polaris' moral compass. (Well, he'd like to think he is, anyway.)

Wasn't talking to you, but thanks for thinking of me.

It just seems that so many on your side of the web have a problem understanding the difference between a legitimate criticism and the usual 'my side, right or wrong' nonsense. I don't engage in the latter. Never have, never will. Starfox should know better, at least as far as I'm concerned.

And of course you didn't surrender. Why, no less an authority than Tywin said so. And we all know he's Polaris' moral compass. (Well, he'd like to think he is, anyway.)

afaik Starfox is not longer affiliated with NpO.

Correct.

Still love them, however!

I've no idea what you mean by "defend at every corner." Is this about my criticism of your Emperor's moronic decree? That's all I can think of that might be construed as defense of DBDC. (I'd like to point out that my prediction about its ultimate fate was spot-on. Setting aside that stupid pronouncement was part of Polaris' surrender terms.)

No, what I consider absurd is for an alliance to accept someone who is at war. Period. That is doubly absurd when said alliance proclaims itself as being neutral or isolationist.

DBDC is attacking WTF. I'm not a fan of that, but I'm not directly tied to either alliance so there's little real interest on my part. But WTF accepting a member at war is the kind of thing that could cause this situation to expand in ways to WTF's detriment. Pointing this out is not "incredibly stupid." It is, rather, incredibly obvious to anyone who isn't walking around with a Dajobo-sized chip on their shoulder.

You seem to think that I've undergone some kind of dramatic sea change with respect to whom I support, whom I criticize, and why. I have not. In terms of 'alignment', I am what I have always been: a true neutral. When I criticize, my criticism is genuine. When I praise, that is genuine as well. My ultimate interest is my alliance and my alliance alone; something that I think I proved during my brief time as its leader.

It's not always about DBDC. It's not always about Polar. (It's not even always about Nordreich.) Sometimes it's just about really poor decisions on the part of alliance leadership. Accepting CT was one of those poor decisions.

If you don't think you've become a homer, you may want to analyze your recent posts. You are actually bashing WTF for accepting a nation at war, as if that violated some sort of CN norm, and is an atrocity. Meanwhile, you ignore yet another unprovoked attack on a neutral (isolationist...sure) alliance. If the real issue you see is accepting a nation at war, then the Zog who I rode with in the past is dead and gone.

Accepting a nation at war with a different alliance when you are already besieged is foolish as hell, and will ultimately prove to be WTFs downfall in all of this. It's not just any nation, either. They'd have been far better off not tarnishing their fight with such a traitorous entity but they want to win no matter the cost (and they'll tell you as much on the embassy if you can get through the whining).

Accepting a nation at war with a different alliance when you are already besieged is foolish as hell, and will ultimately prove to be WTFs downfall in all of this. It's not just any nation, either. They'd have been far better off not tarnishing their fight with such a traitorous entity but they want to win no matter the cost (and they'll tell you as much on the embassy if you can get through the whining).

Wow why do I feel like this is so ironic.

I stand corrected.

Honestly? I have stopped looking at how people self-identify on this forum. Too many times I've been fooled by people who were just too lazy to change their AA.

Mea culpa.

If the real issue you see is accepting a nation at war, then the Zog who I rode with in the past is dead and gone.

OK, if I tell you that the first thing I thought of saying when I read this was, "Brains! Brains!" will you believe it's me?

I can't speak to the 'ultimately prove to be WTF's downfall' part, but otherwise I agree completely.

And I'll tell YOU this since for some reason Starfox seems to think I'm somehow in thrall to you.

I don't get what the hell you're doing, and I don't approve, but since it doesn't particularly affect me I don't care. Just don't come after the alliance I belong to and we'll be fine. But as you say, for some guy who's launching a moral crusade against you to join an alliance and then to be accepted is....foolish.

Some folks like to talk about 'established norms' of behavior and the like. But for some reason they fail to recognize those established norms when it involves someone at war with an alliance they dislike. That's fine. But they can't complain when someone like me comes along and points out the inconsistency. (Actually, they can complain and will complain, and it will forever piss me off.)

This kind of shit drives me crazy.

So back to me.

Maybe the way I think is 'very 2009'. If so, I'm a-OK with that. Anyone is welcome to go back and read every pronouncement that came out of NoR while I was leading it, and then see if there were any substantive criticisms of my actions. Actually, let me save folks some time. There weren't any.

I'm the same person now that I was then. If the world has changed, then....well, it's changed. Big deal. I'm still the same.  I may be one of the few folks left who actually means what he says. I also say what I mean, regardless of who I'm speaking to. In the world that currently exists, this is something of a rarity. I continue to hold that it's a-OK to tell someone to go to Hell, provided you do so in such a way that they look forward to the trip. (Unless they're a dolt or an ideologue, in which case they don't get the travel brochure.)

I also haven't served in any kind of governmental role for several years. Anyone who thinks I speak on behalf of Nordreich or that I am somehow privy to secret conversations is sadly mistaken. I'm just a random guy who once mattered. So calling me ill-informed (as Polaris' comical Emperor has done) is a bit foolish. I know only what's been reported. If folks haven't reported the whole truth, the fault doesn't lie with me. Try telling the whole truth sometime.

You people are exasperating.

It's a nation at war with the same people they are at war with. Committing acts of war against the alliance you are currently at war with is called warfare, it's normal, and it's never been any different. Not in 2006, not in 2009, not ever.

I must say, I'm quite confused about how WTF accepting CT changed *ANYTHING*.

DBDC declared war on WTF.
CT declared war on DBDC and joined WTF.
There's been a mix of SPATR involved here and there, but honestly, certain SPATR nations seem to regularly get involved with DBDC's shenanigans without the target alliance doing anything to warrant it beyond existing.

I must say, I'm quite confused about how WTF accepting CT changed *ANYTHING*.DBDC declared war on WTF.CT declared war on DBDC and joined WTF.There's been a mix of SPATR involved here and there, but honestly, certain SPATR nations seem to regularly get involved with DBDC's shenanigans without the target alliance doing anything to warrant it beyond existing.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten 2-3 threads in the meantime. It's not even close to that simple. What you're describing is Ron Paul, who will get peace as soon as his wars end.

To Spindoctor, let me just answer your terribly ironic post with a quote from Grub that I find strangely relevant:

Hopefully by this time next year your alliance will have realized that you have no entitlement to post your rubbish here without constant observation of your worth.  If you want to be above the politics of this world, you should also do everyone the courtesy of staying out of the public eye.  I am curious as to why people who are too scared to take a part in what makes Bob tick think anyone besides them cares about what they are doing.  Surely you could confine all future notices to your own realm where people who consider you worth more than a pinch of poop might choose to visit you for their own edification.

Filthy neutrals.

Edited by CubaQuerida

To me your quote sounds like the rumblings of a post-adolescent, big-headed bully. To you it reads as important enough to quote the same way people quote from Dostoyevsky or Sartre.

You need hugs and kisses Cuba cause you sound a bit sad.. Perhaps even more cupcakes.

I am pleased to hear there is conversation at least.  I'm also glad to hear WTF wants to win.  I don't think the odds are in their favor unless a large number of DBDC haters join up with them.

I am pleased to hear there is conversation at least.  I'm also glad to hear WTF wants to win.  I don't think the odds are in their favor unless a large number of DBDC haters join up with them.

The cupcake propaganda is very strong.  Apparently they didn't enjoy my comment that it resembled my war screen.  That might have derailed the conversation a bit.  I'm sure they'll bring it here though.

Yes, we call our little tiff with DBDC the "cupcake wars", but only in the OWF. In our forums we call it the... something else wars :)

I"m surprized Cuba mentions his passage through our forums. Our embassy pages are open to all registered with our forums so if people do not understand my disbelief at Cuba's comments they can come and see themselves.

As we always say in the WTF our openness and general lack of secrets is our greatest asset. A lot of CN players have been through our ranks so they know exactly what I mean. We had never had dealings with Cuba in the past. We found his internet persona to be rather revolting and economical with the truth. A bit like a petty thief. In contrast other DBDC members have held their own quite well. I now understand why the grapevine says that his days at the top are numbered.

Finally, I will let you into  little secret. The DBDC fighting machine does not have impressive war chests. They even allowed one of their rank to attack WTF players with a watches of less than a billion! I'm sorry for this player because he will soon be in bill lock bur really DBDC should have known better. BTW if you want specifics about their war chests come to our forums.

I have more to say -if pushed by DBDC- but I will now go for a cup if tea (a friend brought me a Kenyan favourite called SAFARI, quite nice once you get used to it).

My best regards to all those who read this long text.

If you wanted people to support and defend you, you shouldn't have made a point of not supporting or defending others. You've never lifted a finger for any of us, why should we come to bat for you?

I don't think WTF is asking for any help.

Also, I can't solve the WTF captcha, TrendMicro says your Captcha provider is dangerous and won't let it display, and I can't understand the audio well enough to enter it.  

Edited by arentak

I don't think WTF is asking for any help.

Also, I can't solve the WTF captcha, TrendMicro says your Captcha provider is dangerous and won't let it display, and I can't understand the audio well enough to enter it.  

I would go so far as to say no one even cares, let alone help or defend.  I could be wrong.

To me your quote sounds like the rumblings of a post-adolescent, big-headed bully. To you it reads as important enough to quote the same way people quote from Dostoyevsky or Sartre.

You need hugs and kisses Cuba cause you sound a bit sad.. Perhaps even more cupcakes.

You've done nothing for well nigh a decade. How boring.

Ok so let's review this.

Cuba is mad because CT was accepted while he was at war right?

Here we have Supa_Land, a triumvir of DT who attacked WTF and he was accepted back right after.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=45998

Oh look! Mos Risley from Umbrella!! He was accepted into umbrella while still at war

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=84738

So Cuba, please stop whinning how CT took 7k of your tech and was accepted into WTF! You've turned out to be soo weak and cry so much

Edited by H2BKs

I think...there might be something wrong with those cupcakes...can't quite... put my finger on it...

Clearly it's that they lack any indication on them regarding if they are regular cupcakes or gluten free and/or dairy free. 

Ok so let's review this.

Cuba is mad because CT was accepted while he was at war right?

Actually I'm fairly certain that it has more to do with Cuba (and the rest of DBDC) being mad because CT is a former member who has become a traitor.  I can't think of a single alliance, including World Task Force frankly, that doesn't have an issue with traitors.  The difference here is that DBDC and WTF are already at war, which admittedly removes the bargaining power of DBDC regarding why WTF should not accept him.  However, it doesn't encourage friendly discussions.