An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1300057581' post='2663436']
That was a very tough time to take such a stance, I applaud your bravery. I know most people may have called you crazy at the time and in such an atmosphere, but history has proven you right. Bravo.
[/quote]

This happens a lot.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300075565' post='2664113']
yes, we will point out your follies. if its so predictable then i suggest that you stop making them.
[/quote]

What was that old expression about glass houses? I can't seem to remember it for some reason....

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300080281' post='2664205']
What was that old expression about glass houses? I can't seem to remember it for some reason....
[/quote]
it's quite easy to remember it goes like this - "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

however, unlike you, we're not desperately trying to kiss someone's ass, so i think we'll be alright.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300072607' post='2664011']
[color="#0000FF"]I really do not care if you are technically at war with NPO or not. You're a cheerleader. That is enough for me.[/color]
[/quote]

You are darn straight I am a cheerleader - complete with pom-poms. As I said earlier, just because Brutus is smiling and his dagger is broken and dull, that is no reason to trust him.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300080281' post='2664205']
[/quote]
I'm sure we'll be fine. After all, we live in a Doomhouse, not a glass house.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300084272' post='2664259']
You are darn straight I am a cheerleader - complete with pom-poms. As I said earlier, just because Brutus is smiling and his dagger is broken and dull, that is no reason to trust him.
[/quote]
If NPO is Brutus, who is the !@#$%* emperor?

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1300084586' post='2664266']
If NPO is Brutus, who is the !@#$%* emperor?
[/quote]

Given the history, it would be whomever is considering placing their trust in NPO. An obvious first choice, based on the OP, would be FAN. A close second would be be any current alliance treatied to NPO. A third choice would be any alliance considering signing a treaty with NPO.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300087396' post='2664302']
Given the history, it would be whomever is considering placing their trust in NPO. An obvious first choice, based on the OP, would be FAN. A close second would be be any current alliance treatied to NPO. A third choice would be any alliance considering signing a treaty with NPO.
[/quote]

It really isn't like that any more.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1300088661' post='2664319']
It really isn't like that any more.
[/quote]
It never was like that, not to the hyperbolic degree he's trying to depict. The narrative of the Evil NPO that can never be trusted with power only works if people believe that NPO is somehow intrinsically evil and acts out of some malevolent spirit rather than being a once-very-powerful alliance with an array of internal issues that acted out of material self-interest. The idea that NPO would just routinely pick an ally to go and kill was always exceptionally dumb.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300087396' post='2664302']
[/quote]

Does talking out of your ass fascinate you that much?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300068148' post='2663899']
NPO got attacked because they were disliked enough. Its NPO's fault they are disliked to that thresh hold, its not NPO's fault they got attacked.
[/quote]
This is the ultimate in blame the victim logic.

The basic fact is, there isn't any way of making someone like you. You can argue that people disliked NPO for x, y, z reasons that NPO had control over, but you're not doing that here. You're just arguing that NPO was disliked (which is obvious), and that was their fault by definition.

It's not. I control who I like and dislike, just as you do. If I decide I am going to dislike someone, then that's my decision, and it's my responsibility.

I'm a bit late to this party, but want to add that this is a nice gesture, though the hour at which it's delivered is quite late indeed. Anyway, I hope it's sincere and largely suspect it to be so given the pride of NPO... I guess I mean to say it's unlikely they would issue such a statement if they didn't mean it on some level.

[quote name='Luis Quezada' timestamp='1300109478' post='2664485']
I think you need to review the meaning of personally.
[/quote]

I am assuming your ignorance on the matter, but would you consider the notion that Moo cannot extend his apology personally via conventional means, so he asked that his Foreign Affairs staff convey it on his behalf?

[quote name='DogeWilliam' timestamp='1300097082' post='2664388']
Hmm this seems like a full panic mode(Don't Panic!) announcement. Are you at the point of begging others not to do what you did to them?
[/quote]

No. As was said many times before, by many different people of many different levels within the NPO, this was a long time coming, and should have happened sooner. However, this is when it happened, and there's no way we can go back to *pick point of time that's been suggested this should have been done* and post it then.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1300101336' post='2664421']
I'm a bit late to this party, but want to add that this is a nice gesture, though the hour at which it's delivered is quite late indeed. Anyway, I hope it's sincere and largely suspect it to be so given the pride of NPO... I guess I mean to say it's unlikely they would issue such a statement if they didn't mean it on some level.
[/quote]

I do think it is sincere. As you pointed out, there's a lot of pride in our alliance and so publicly apologizing isn't something that would be done "just because". The apology is well deserved.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300042261' post='2663135']
Well technically they never rolled CIS, CIS disbanded first, they just hunted down the ex-CIS members and attacked them.

At the time I believe I was critical of NPO's actions there, and I'm still not sure they should have went through with the war after the disbandment, but honestly, any alliance that disbands before even being attacked isn't worth much.
[/quote]
Sounds alot like a certian green alliance, doesnt it?

[quote]Now a day after this thread was made the polar part of the war draws to a close and suddenly this thread make a lot more sense. Good old NPO you amuse me so.
[/quote]
loosen the tinfoil..

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300110827' post='2664502']
Now a day after this thread was made the polar part of the war draws to a close and suddenly this thread make a lot more sense. Good old NPO you amuse me so.
[/quote]
You guys had control over when the Polar war ended, not NPO. If you want to make tinfoil posts, then you could just as easily claim that VE & co. peaced Polar out because of this thread.

(No I don't believe that either.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300111620' post='2664514']
You guys had control over when the Polar war ended, not NPO. If you want to make tinfoil posts, then you could just as easily claim that VE & co. peaced Polar out because of this thread.

(No I don't believe that either.)
[/quote]
That's not what I claimed.