Disbandment Notice

You still had 7 nations over 50k NS, but you fought the good fight for as long as you could. Congratulations to everyone for achieving this peace - onward to others?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1299807113' post='2659278']
This is all PR for GOD/GOD yielding to masses...

I had fun fighting you robster.
[/quote]

Actually, when I read the terms, that was my first thought...

Regardless congrats on peace all.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299828377' post='2659724']
How do you define 'white peace'? :huh:
[/quote]

A no re-entry clause fits in that definition for me.

Anyways, I'm not going to discuss this for the 100th time. Just happy to see UPN get peace.

Now we can concentrate on the 3 alliances left for us :)

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299828708' post='2659727']
A no re-entry clause fits in that definition for me.
[/quote]

Would military decommission be white peace then? It's really just an extension of no re-entry clauses, making it difficult/impossible for an alliance to re-engage properly, but having no adverse long term effects.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299829071' post='2659733']
Would military decommission be white peace then? It's really just an extension of no re-entry clauses, making it difficult/impossible for an alliance to re-engage properly, but having no adverse long term effects.
[/quote]

Last comment on this matter: anything inflicting direct military or economic damage to the nations involved (decommissioning nukes, destroying wonders, destroying improvs, pay money, pay tech) or OOC/IC infringements like forcing a community to remove itself from the game or viceroyship are just a few examples of terms.

A no re-entry can be seen as a gent's agreement: peace really is peace. Admitting defeat is another one. No harm is done with those.

Still, only my opinion, of course yours can be different and I will respect that.

[/quote]

Please, I know you have good intentions, but I'd really rather not have this thread reach 50 pages because of this post.

[/quote]
tbh military decom is a silly term anyway, you want a real term? in Karma we wanted IRON to keep full military on hand lol

I like you well enough Robster, but these topic titles that have nothing to do with the topic have got to go. When Tygaland does it its cute and funny and gets me every time. When its someone else doing these things it makes that person look silly and young, like you're trying to trick everyone into reading your announcement. Maybe Tecumseh should have written this one? He's always eloquent and mature.
(*I don't think I've done this in the past but if I have I apologize for putting others through that)

Anyways congratulations UPN on getting peace. If Polaris is happy about it then I guess I'm okay with it too. Always nice to see friends in my old home find an end to fighting.

I kinda find members of Doomhouse hailing this as some sort of travesty as hypocritical. 20,000 tech equates to $600,000,000 at 3 mill/100 tech. I have heard reports of Doomhouse asking just as much in reparations from much smaller alliances.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1299832651' post='2659777']
I kinda find members of Doomhouse hailing this as some sort of travesty as hypocritical. 20,000 tech equates to $600,000,000 at 3 mill/100 tech. I have heard reports of Doomhouse asking just as much in reparations from much smaller alliances.
[/quote]

Speak to our IA after the war, we'll gladly trade 600m for 20k tech post war if it's all the same thing to you :)

----

Good to see this announcement.

[quote name='Bones Malone' timestamp='1299832090' post='2659766']
I like you well enough Robster, but these topic titles that have nothing to do with the topic have got to go. When Tygaland does it its cute and funny and gets me every time. When its someone else doing these things it makes that person look silly and young, like you're trying to trick everyone into reading your announcement. Maybe Tecumseh should have written this one? He's always eloquent and mature.
(*I don't think I've done this in the past but if I have I apologize for putting others through that)

Anyways congratulations UPN on getting peace. If Polaris is happy about it then I guess I'm okay with it too. Always nice to see friends in my old home find an end to fighting.
[/quote]

The title was a jab at those, such as RV, who believed the rumors that those fighting against UPN would rather have them disbanded than allow peace.

Congratulations on peace.

Good luck rebuilding.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1299808060' post='2659320']
GOD are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they keep pushing for disbandment, they are monsters ... if they back down and decide to grant peace, it is due to "pressure" ... <_<
[/quote]

Xiph is just another puppet and all his actions have actually been the actions of another ruler this entire time? :v:

.. Anonymous? :ehm:

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1299834884' post='2659802']
Xiph is just another puppet and all his actions have actually been the actions of another ruler this entire time? :v:

.. Anonymous? :ehm:
[/quote]

Who is the puppet master behind the puppet master! Truly this person is a god among men.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1299832651' post='2659777']
[/quote]

Its not evil when you're extorting evil mirite.