Disbandment Notice

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1299834610' post='2659799']
You stuck around far longer than I would have expected you to. Good for you, UPN. I've heard that you didn't do well at all but I still think you ought to be proud that you went to bat for your friends.
[/quote]

Holy !@#$, is it the sign of the apocalypse? Chief and I actually agree on something.

Congratulations on peace, you've earned a bit of respect out of this.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R&R demanding an apology for something unrelated to this war that happened a year ago most likely because of people no longer in UPN is pathetic. You are in good company with CSN & GOD. Someone must have told GOD the facts of life. Id love to know what made Xiph back down and what was said in that conversation.

Congrats UPN, you did a great job and should be proud of yourselves.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299839194' post='2659828']
R&R demanding an apology for something unrelated to this war that happened a year ago most likely by people no longer in UPN is pathetic. You are in good company with CSN & GOD.[/quote]

lolwhat? Asking for 40k tech reps....being a "puppet-master who wants to disband alliances"...asking for an apology...for poaching? UPN should be happy they didnt get rolled for their actions when it happened.

It's never too late to try to right a wrong you committed and a apology is better than nothing.

Shoutouts to Slettal for his teflon SDI, DarknessXIII for his persistance & numerous fighting partners for their witty banter.

[quote]View PostPenkala, on 11 March 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:
But I thought Xiphosis would never give UPN peace D:[/quote]

[quote]He can always form his own one-man alliance and DoW on UPN.[/quote]

Destro beat him to it :P

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299840332' post='2659834']
lolwhat? Asking for 40k tech reps....being a "puppet-master who wants to disband alliances"...asking for an apology...for poaching? UPN should be happy they didnt get rolled for their actions when it happened.

It's never too late to try to right a wrong you committed and a apology is better than nothing.
[/quote]
The jokes on SF again. The apology was only given because it was demanded and R&R were so butt hurt for the last year they demanded it as the terms in a different war. UPN win and whats left in SF end up looking like tools.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299841258' post='2659839']
The jokes on SF again. The apology was only given because it was demanded and R&R were so butt hurt for the last year they demanded it as the terms in a different war. UPN win and whats left in SF end up looking like tools.
[/quote]
Believe it or not, I read and understood it the first time you posted. I'd post mine again, but chances are you wouldn't respond to any of the points again.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1299835051' post='2659805']
Who is the puppet master behind the puppet master! Truly this person is a god among men.
[/quote]

That would be meeeee. OR MAYBE IT ISN'T. ;)

Yay war is over, o/ all involved.

Edited by Avakael

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299829071' post='2659733']
Would military decommission be white peace then? It's really just an extension of no re-entry clauses, making it difficult/impossible for an alliance to re-engage properly, but having no adverse long term effects.
[/quote]

There's some room for debate on that one, as standard military improvement decommission plus troop/tank drawdowns to minimum government support could leave an alliance more open to rogues and raiders than intended. Also, it's practically inevitable that some member nations won't act on stand-down orders in a timely fashion, making compliance a potential issue.

While I grant that most alliances would be understanding of these things, and that military decom is a first step towards rebuilding, I think that the fact that the defeated party must take further positive actions for peace, under the active scrutiny of the victor, would put this outside the realm of a gentleman's agreement - which is all even a "no re-entry" clause can amount to.

All that said, this is still an well-earned measure of peace for UPN, and I don't begrudge them the right to post notice that their disbandment has been indefinitely postponed.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1299808397' post='2659335']
I hope this finally puts all those silly rumors about us disbanding UPN to rest.
[/quote]

For a second there I thought your avatar was a penis.

Congrats on peace everyone.(though fighting is more fun.)