NSO Announcement

Heft

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298559304' post='2643836']
[color="#0000FF"]What exactly are you talking about?[/color]
[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=628&showentry=2743

I believe what he was trying to say was that GOONS already has a buttload of alliances at war with it. Could be wrong on the interpretation.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1298570797' post='2643955']
I was under the impression aiding a combatant was always an act of war, but thank you for allowing us to claim that we set that precedent, and thank you for abiding by it! It should also be noted that declaring on our treaty partner is also an act of war, which probably explains why we continued to aid GOONS both economically and militarily(The key word being 'continued')

I would've thought that because we declared on your MDoAP partner that would be reason enough for you to recognise hostilities with us. Why have you only decided to recognise hostilities with us(MK and Umbrella) when we directly attacked you, instead of when we attacked your treaty partner?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I honestly think people are looking too much into this, or milking it for more than its worth. We had already been at war, in a [i]de facto[/i] state, for sometime. This is just a statement of the obvious. Was it needed? Personally I don't think so, but it does no harm and it changes nothing.[/color]

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298571224' post='2643958']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=628&showentry=2743

I believe what he was trying to say was that GOONS already has a buttload of alliances at war with it. Could be wrong on the interpretation.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The NSO would have been fighting GOONS even if the hundred or so other alliances didn't get to it first. Frankly there would not be as many alliances as are on GOONS if Legion had been willing to support an attack on either Umbrella or MK. Which it wasn't. Since no other alliance could do much without Legion's larger nations, those plans went to the basket.

But no, NSO had been expecting to fight GOONS for months (anyone who didn't see this war coming is quite stupid). Not out of any personal vendetta, but simply because of out of all the alliance on our side and corner, we match up with GOONS quite well statistically.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298571316' post='2643960']
[color="#0000FF"]I honestly think people are looking too much into this, or milking it for more than its worth. We had already been at war, in a [i]de facto[/i] state, for sometime. This is just a statement of the obvious. Was it needed? Personally I don't think so, but it does no harm and it changes nothing.[/color]
[/quote]

If anything I was just questioning the timing of the announcement and why you didn't just cut to the chase in the GOONS DoW, but at least we both agree this announcement was pretty pointless.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1298516243' post='2643415']
ITT SirWilliam breaks Cairna's heart.

[img]http://cd.arturion.net/forum/Smileys/default/colbert.gif[/img]

Why you gotta be that guy, SW? Don't be that guy

But in all seriousness, CD is waiting for a chance to attack Gotham so that we can make posts saying that "we're the goddamn batman" and stuff.

It'll happen. If anyone does it before us, then we'll whine.

A lot.
[/quote]

<_<
>_>

I've got my eye on you... :P

I really fail to see why you're complaining so much, Ardus. MK declared nation-vs-nation wars on us. They sent aid to support our enemies. Both of these occurred, and continue to occur, in this conflict. This is merely an acknowledgement that you're conducting these operations against us. If you're that pissed off, and if your internal communications are that poor that these are unsanctioned (which I sincerely doubt that they are), then I suggest you fire your entire Milcom staff.

Seriously, you're just getting pathetic now.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1298584087' post='2644146']
I really fail to see why you're complaining so much, Ardus. MK declared nation-vs-nation wars on us. They sent aid to support our enemies. Both of these occurred, and continue to occur, in this conflict. This is merely an acknowledgement that you're conducting these operations against us. If you're that pissed off, and if your internal communications are that poor that these are unsanctioned (which I sincerely doubt that they are), then I suggest you fire your entire Milcom staff.

Seriously, you're just getting pathetic now.
[/quote]
I'm not angry, I'm verbose.

Now to Kevin. To him, I was very irritated.

I would've thought that because we declared on your MDoAP partner that would be reason enough for you to recognise hostilities with us. Why have you only decided to recognise hostilities with us(MK and Umbrella) when we directly attacked you, instead of when we attacked your treaty partner?
[/quote]
I'm not sure where people get this line of reasoning at all.

An attack on a treaty partner is not an attack on the treatied alliance whatsoever. The two alliances are two separate, sovereign entities.

We had no intentions of going to war with the Mushroom Kingdom or Umbrella whatsoever, frankly our nations just don't match up and it'd be a futile effort. However, the Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella have brought war to our doorstep, for which I don't blame them. However, it must not be confused as we are not the aggressors in this matter.

I was under the impression aiding a combatant was always an act of war, but thank you for allowing us to claim that we set that precedent, and thank you for abiding by it! It should also be noted that declaring on our treaty partner is also an act of war, which probably explains why we continued to aid GOONS both economically and militarily(The key word being 'continued')

[/quote]

1. Ardus seems to be claiming that since the aid started before we declared, continuing the aid is NOT an act of aggression. Thank you for proving our point that it, in fact, is.

2. I have never been involved with a war where a declaration on one party is a declaration on all. Neither have you. If this is the case here, it's the first of its kind, and it'd be nice to get such out in the open now, so we can act accordingly. Please confirm.

3. Our treaty is an MDP with NPO. Not an MDoAP as you seem to insist on making it out to be. NSO tends to steer away from anything that includes an "o", because that's what the Moldavi Doctrine is for. Further, our ally was attacked, and we will come to their assistance as requested to meet their needs as they request. How we assist our allies to meet their wishes is a business between us and them. Stop making out to be more. Not only is it complete fabrication, you suck at it.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1298571445' post='2643963']
If anything I was just questioning the timing of the announcement and why you didn't just cut to the chase in the GOONS DoW, but at least we both agree this announcement was pretty pointless.
[/quote]

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1298589852' post='2644218']
Took y'all long enough.
[/quote]
This seems a funny stance to take, since you were de facto at war with us for some time due to your own actions, and you were the ones who avoided recognizing the war, choosing instead to only recognize yourselves as at war with ML in your last announcement. Why not issue a blanket declaration instead of just cherry-picking one alliance, if you consider yourselves at war with all the others already?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1298592262' post='2644242']
This seems a funny stance to take, since you were de facto at war with us for some time due to your own actions, and you were the ones who avoided recognizing the war, choosing instead to only recognize yourselves as at war with ML in your last announcement. Why not issue a blanket declaration instead of just cherry-picking one alliance, if you consider yourselves at war with all the others already?
[/quote]
Yup, we were defacto at war with you, as you are on the other side.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1298589359' post='2644214']
[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1131/1284471107668.gif[/img]

Seriously why though?
[/quote]
I told you why. You started a pointless conversation at 2 AM. I'm not about to put on a long, drawn out dog and pony show of diplomacy when both sides already have reached conclusions and intend to act on them regardless. You'd have been better served by just going "hey, we're going to recognize hostilities shortly." My response would have been something to the tune of "that's cool, see you there."

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1298599682' post='2644346']
I told you why. You started a pointless conversation at 2 AM. I'm not about to put on a long, drawn out dog and pony show of diplomacy when both sides already have reached conclusions and intend to act on them regardless. You'd have been better served by just going "hey, we're going to recognize hostilities shortly." My response would have been something to the tune of "that's cool, see you there."
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's not what he asked why for.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1298608976' post='2644450']
I'm pretty sure that's not what he asked why for.
[/quote]
He bolded the part where I said I was irritated with him and then asked why. If that's not what he's asking about, we've got something of a non-sequitur here.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1298586274' post='2644175']
I'm not sure where people get this line of reasoning at all.

An attack on a treaty partner is not an attack on the treatied alliance whatsoever. The two alliances are two separate, sovereign entities.

We had no intentions of going to war with the Mushroom Kingdom or Umbrella whatsoever, frankly our nations just don't match up and it'd be a futile effort. However, the Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella have brought war to our doorstep, for which I don't blame them. However, it must not be confused as we are not the aggressors in this matter.
[/quote]

"If one of the signatories is directly attacked, the other two are obligated to defend them"

I'd imagine that is where they are getting it from.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1298651562' post='2644782']
"If one of the signatories is directly attacked, the other two are obligated to defend them"

I'd imagine that is where they are getting it from.
[/quote]

Yeah so let's get it straight. Umbrella/MK/GOONS attack NPO, NSO defends against GOONS per our MDP, Umbrella/MK defends those GOONS nations by attacking us (without declaring it), and we're recognizing it.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1298636825' post='2644678']
You need to chill out and just fight a clean fight and have fun people!
[/quote]

don't you realize that we are just having fun? ;)

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1298599682' post='2644346']
[/quote]

The great things about what you perceive as pointless conversation is that you can just ignore it like the 98.534% of other threads with pointless conversations like how old Xiphosis' alliance is and everyone else who turns 567845 in the same month. I don't know why you feel the need to argue everything coming from the opposing side.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1298659414' post='2644851']
The great things about what you perceive as pointless conversation is that you can just ignore it like the 98.534% of other threads with pointless conversations like how old Xiphosis' alliance is and everyone else who turns 567845 in the same month. I don't know why you feel the need to argue everything coming from the opposing side.
[/quote]
The "pointless conversation" with Kevin was on IRC, champ. As a rule of thumb I try not to ignore people on IRC.