Treaty Cancellation

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1297908632' post='2636226']
When I need to explain the 'Pot and Kettle' expression to somebody, I'll just point them to this post. Sterling example.
[/quote]

Show me where we canceled a treaty due to outside influence.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time ally of The International I feel confident that The International would support us in a time of need.

Having dialogue with both parties I think it is best that this treaty came to end. It seemed apparent that neither party was happy with their current situations.

I fondly remember fighting with SOS in support of The International. I wish both SOS and The International the best as they set off in their own ways.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1297908941' post='2636234']
Show me where we canceled a treaty due to outside influence.
[/quote]

And you are saying this based off of what? Pure speculation. This matter was strictly between SOS and INT. No one else. These claims of "oh this was all due to pressure from C&G" are simply false, and untill you can prove otherwise, there is really no point in you dragging this along.

[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1297909531' post='2636242']
And you are saying this based off of what? Pure speculation. This matter was strictly between SOS and INT. No one else. These claims of "oh this was all due to pressure from C&G" are simply false, and untill you can prove otherwise, there is really no point in you dragging this along.
[/quote]

You know nothing about us. The only thing you know about us is what you are fed. How it could so drastically change from not canceling to canceling after our treaty announcement, and mind you it's an ODAP, you were in no way responsible to have to possibly defend us. You canceled this because of the Invicta treaty. Though I imagine your relationship was possibly falling apart earlier then that due to your reluctance to assist with SLCB, this treaty just drove the nail in the coffin.

Our friends in Europa who we hold a MDP with, signed a treaty with GOONS. We are currently at war with GOONS, we did not cancel on Europa, nor will we. I think I basically just told Deebo "meh" when he told me. It's just a dick move to go and do something like that.

So, I'd like to know what bothers you so about Invicta so much that you know firsthand and is not from what you've "heard." Feel free to contact me on IRC if you want to discuss.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1297910236' post='2636253']
You know nothing about us. The only thing you know about us is what you are fed. How it could so drastically change from not canceling to canceling after our treaty announcement, and mind you it's an ODAP, you were in no way responsible to have to possibly defend us. You canceled this because of the Invicta treaty. Though I imagine your relationship was possibly falling apart earlier then that due to your reluctance to assist with SLCB, this treaty just drove the nail in the coffin.

Our friends in Europa who we hold a MDP with, signed a treaty with GOONS. We are currently at war with GOONS, we did not cancel on Europa, nor will we. I think I basically just told Deebo "meh" when he told me. It's just a dick move to go and do something like that.

So, I'd like to know what bothers you so about Invicta so much that you know firsthand and is not from what you've "heard." Feel free to contact me on IRC if you want to discuss.
[/quote]

This post is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We did not cancel because of the Invicta treaty. We did not cancel this treaty because of C&G. We are simply two alliances who have grown apart.

This thread is not about Invicta. Stop acting like it is. Nobody cares.

Edited by Jacob the Malignant

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1297909525' post='2636241']
I fondly remember fighting with SOS in support of The International. I wish both SOS and The International the best as they set off in their own ways.
[/quote]
At least you remember SOS fighting for International, maybe you could go remind Int.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297910678' post='2636262']
At least you remember SOS fighting for International, maybe you could go remind Int.
[/quote]

I wonder at all the people complaining in here. Do you support eternal treaties?

As long as you aren't canceling to duck out of an active obligation (i.e your ally is at war and needs your help.) then since when has it become wrong to re-evaluate treaties? Just based on the posts in this thread, I would say it sounds like the relationship wasn't where it should be.

As to the CnG bit ::wry head shake:: I know i'm not alone in finding it amusing how little outsiders understand how our Bloc works. Airme really hit it on the head. I don't think i've seen a single CnG alliance complaining about INT's tie or particularly caring.

But by all means don't let my common sense get in the way of your propaganda/rants.