Seriousness of CN

Jazzy95

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I view it as a game, but it's not like any other. I would like to see a return of maturity and seriousness concerning it. Considering we're supposed to be rulers of nations, I think it SHOULD be taken seriously to a point. I would be VERY concerned if world leaders started acting half as bad as some of the people around here.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297819040' post='2634956']
It's a job for me. As a baron of tech, the MK government pays me rl money for my time and expenses. I also get christmas bonuses and a decent healthcare package covering carpal tunnel and eye testing.
[/quote]

What, Eye testing? I don't get that at ODN. I get a nice mental health package, and free keyboard/desk replacements though from when I just have to break something. Some kind of "facedesk" insurance.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1297819835' post='2634973']
What, Eye testing? I don't get that at ODN. I get a nice mental health package, and free keyboard/desk replacements though from when I just have to break something. Some kind of "facedesk" insurance.
[/quote]
Honestly, you need to go for eye testing at a minimum. Mental health is all very well, but without your eyes, how can you read those queries and fill in those spreadsheets. Without that ability, your job security and source of income is completely gone.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1297825128' post='2635088']
CN is life. I once signed an MDP with a man.
Not really.
[/quote]

I lol'd .

CN is a fun game I spent a lot of time with, not serious.

At the moment,

It is a decent part of my life ( I take this means you spent some extra time on the game, like during work take a sneak peak to see your nation or w/e, not just during free time)

vary on both CN issues and rl issues. If not much is happening in CN or I have RL things to deal with, then CN becomes much less important.

It should be taken as a game

I have a pretty good idea who says CN is like a job. It's everyone who leads or has led an alliance, regardless of its size.

After NoR's reformation and up to my stepping down as Kaiser, CN consumed as much time as any full-time job. Possibly more, since I didn't take weekends off. I believed that if I was going to do the job, then I should do it well. Plenty of alliance leaders feel/have felt the same way, and they should be easy to pick out of the crowd.

Now, I'd say that CN is more like a game, but not much. The one thing that's true for everyone I know in CN is that 'retirement is a lie'. There's always someone inside your alliance who wants some kind of help, and there's always someone outside the alliance who believes (usually correctly) that you have a clear channel to senior .gov on an as-needed basis.

And no, I don't resent any of it. Is it an imposition? I suppose it is, but I've invested far too much time to simply kick back and do nothing.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297830594' post='2635190']
I have a pretty good idea who says CN is like a job. It's everyone who leads or has led an alliance, regardless of its size.

After NoR's reformation and up to my stepping down as Kaiser, CN consumed as much time as any full-time job. Possibly more, since I didn't take weekends off. I believed that if I was going to do the job, then I should do it well. Plenty of alliance leaders feel/have felt the same way, and they should be easy to pick out of the crowd.

Now, I'd say that CN is more like a game, but not much. The one thing that's true for everyone I know in CN is that 'retirement is a lie'. There's always someone inside your alliance who wants some kind of help, and there's always someone outside the alliance who believes (usually correctly) that you have a clear channel to senior .gov on an as-needed basis.

And no, I don't resent any of it. Is it an imposition? I suppose it is, but I've invested far too much time to simply kick back and do nothing.
[/quote]

Agreed. It's as much fun/ like a job as you allow it to be.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1297826045' post='2635102']
If you die in CN, you die in real life.
[/quote]

20,483 current active nations.
425,613 nations couldn't take the heat.
Mortality rate: 95.4%

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1297819719' post='2634971']
I view it as a game, but it's not like any other. I would like to see a return of maturity and seriousness concerning it. Considering we're supposed to be rulers of nations, I think it SHOULD be taken seriously to a point. I would be VERY concerned if world leaders started acting half as bad as some of the people around here.
[/quote]
This sums up my views. It's a game, but it requires a level of seriousness to keep it fun. If everyone was just here as a game it'd be constant war. If everyone thought it was life or death, it'd be too stressful to enjoy. A nice balance keeps it interesting.

CN is a game and if the game stops being a game and becomes a job or a chore then you really need to reevaluate your priorities.

Personally I treat CN as a minor sideshow. I know I will never hit the top tier so I have stopped trying, I just sit back now and watch the show whilst I have a nice cup of tea.