Pacifica: Really? come out and play

kwell

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297498301' post='2630179']
Not really. [b]Unless you can point to evidence that they'll start to vanish en masse,[/b] I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that. They like fighting. Keep in mind this isn't the old GOONS, but rather a version whose leader has experience fighting a guerrilla war. It's one of the reasons I was eager to treaty them a month into their existence.
[/quote]

Wait a few days and the nations leaving this realm shall reveal all.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297498752' post='2630182']
Wait a few days and the nations leaving this realm shall reveal all.
[/quote]

There aren't that many. I checked. It's really no more than peace time attrition would have done.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297498301' post='2630179']
Not really. Unless you can point to evidence that they'll start to vanish en masse, I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that. They like fighting. Keep in mind this isn't the old GOONS, but rather a version whose leader has experience fighting a guerrilla war. It's one of the reasons I was eager to treaty them a month into their existence.
[/quote]
I'm sure the prospect of lots of tech deals helped too :D

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297499137' post='2630184']
There aren't that many. I checked. It's really no more than peace time attrition would have done.
[/quote]

If only you could look at our forums. Alas, there are quite a few who have simply given up. Pretty surprising considering our membership keeps increasing throughout this war.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297512088' post='2630238']
If only you could look at our forums. Alas, there are quite a few who have simply given up. Pretty surprising considering our membership keeps increasing throughout this war.
[/quote]
well from my wars and things posted at our forums it's the other way around.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297519496' post='2630290']
Our members are increasing on your forums? Sheesh..they multiply like rabbits these pacificans!
[/quote]
It's...I'm sorry, it's just too tempting:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6OUJt.png[/IMG]
I'll blame you at the eventual war crime trial.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1297469941' post='2629787']
I wonder how long people will praise and hail NPO's strategic and honorable use of peace mode before they realize that NPO is happy to let all its allies burn to save themselves. It's kind of why the war started to begin with. And they're still doing it.
[/quote]

I have no problem burning for my friends. :awesome:

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297519496' post='2630290']
Our members are increasing on your forums? Sheesh..they multiply like rabbits these pacificans!
[/quote]
thats funny and no,we've started a recruiting drive thanks to this war and your members just give up half way during wars.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297512088' post='2630238']
[/quote]

Of course the "proof" that GOONS is faltering is somewhere no one can see, as opposed to the very visible Surrender Thread where the Hopeless Coalition continues dropping to GOONS.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1297569397' post='2630872']
Of course the "proof" that GOONS is faltering is somewhere no one can see, as opposed to the very visible Surrender Thread where the Hopeless Coalition continues dropping to GOONS.
[/quote]

People leaving this realm do not surrender. Might be best if you did a roll call. See who replies and see who doesn't. And I count 3 pacificans in that thread who have surrendered in the last week. There are around 3 GOONS giving up daily.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297570297' post='2630883']
People leaving this realm do not surrender. Might be best if you did a roll call. See who replies and see who doesn't.
[/quote]

Indeed, the inactive/ghosts don't often. I'd be more concerned with rank and file throwing in the towel.

A roll call you say? Such a novel concept had never occurred to us - we thank you for being gracious enough to share your wisdom.

And I count 3 pacificans in that thread who have surrendered in the last week.
[/quote]

Good, good for you?

Tch tch, lying does not suit you SirWilliam.
[/quote]

And this is the point at which you stop making sense.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote]Of course the "proof" that GOONS is faltering is somewhere no one can see, as opposed to the very visible Surrender Thread where the Hopeless Coalition continues dropping to GOONS.[/quote]

[quote]And this is the point at which you stop making sense. [/quote]

That should clear it up for you.

Bring your woes.. bring your anguish.. bring your hate.. and lay them at my doorstep. I am ready to sacrifice my blood for my brothers and to show Pacifica never sleeps, only plots. While you are kneeling on my welcome mat.. I shall dispatch your head and pike it on a spear fashioned out of your own hatred. You can beat me.. beat me til I'm black and blue.. at least I will then be the color of my flag and my skin will be fashioned in its image.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1297594893' post='2631095']
Bring your woes.. bring your anguish.. bring your hate.. and lay them at my doorstep. I am ready to sacrifice my blood for my brothers and to show [b]Pacifica never sleeps, only plots[/b]. While you are kneeling on my welcome mat.. I shall dispatch your head and pike it on a spear fashioned out of your own hatred. You can beat me.. beat me til I'm black and blue.. at least I will then be the color of my flag and my skin will be fashioned in its image.
[/quote]

The Mancland translation facilities aren't the greatest with Pacifican, so they've asked me to doublecheck with you - did you really just say "Pacifica is an alliance of masochistic insomniacs with psychopathic tendencies"? Is your condition treatable?

[quote name='Myzebedeeistaken' timestamp='1297602431' post='2631128']
The Mancland translation facilities aren't the greatest with Pacifican, so they've asked me to doublecheck with you - did you really just say "Pacifica is an alliance of masochistic insomniacs with psychopathic tendencies"? Is your condition treatable?
[/quote]
Not sure where you got masochistic from the bit you bolded. Or psychopathic really, he didn't say 'plots TO KILL YOU ALL'. I'm sure the effort you put in will still win you your so-desired hair ruffling though, congratulations!

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297586451' post='2631060']
That should clear it up for you.
[/quote]

Quoting what I said that doesn't support what you've said doesn't make anything make any more sense, no.

Now if your point was that I was lying in saying Hopeless Coalition members are throwing in the towel because you've counted three NPO (not Hopeless Coalition) surrenders, I'm sure you can see how that makes just about no sense (I'm sure given your inability and/or unwillingness to adequately justify your accusation beyond pulling that doozy out of your ass and throwing a couple quotes up).

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1297603129' post='2631133']
Not sure where you got masochistic from the bit you bolded. Or psychopathic really, he didn't say 'plots TO KILL YOU ALL'. I'm sure the effort you put in will still win you your so-desired hair ruffling though, congratulations!
[/quote]

Not sure about hair ruffling, certainly bemused by the tone which your nations strike. My nation wasn't founded when you were in 'power' so to speak, and the tone of your post and that of your fellow Pacifican certainly jars with the overtures from, say, Cortath (I believe he's your Emperor?). I'll leave it to your Pacifican language tutors to explain why a desire to be beaten blue hints at masochism - although it seems you feel you're just addressing a tiny snippet of an overall message. Curious stance to take. Maybe it's just your quaint Pacifican ways to try ad hominem attacks rather than answer a question honestly put from one who has heard many tales but seen little of substance during your isolation. If this is the substance, it does make me wonder.

edit: Oh my word, you're not Pacifican. You're NSO. Explains everything. Thank you for your time good sir.

Edited by Myzebedeeistaken

[quote name='Myzebedeeistaken' timestamp='1297608665' post='2631158']
Not sure about hair ruffling, certainly bemused by the tone which your nations strike. My nation wasn't founded when you were in 'power' so to speak, and the tone of your post and that of your fellow Pacifican certainly jars with the overtures from, say, Cortath (I believe he's your Emperor?). I'll leave it to your Pacifican language tutors to explain why a desire to be beaten blue hints at masochism - although it seems you feel you're just addressing a tiny snippet of an overall message. Curious stance to take. Maybe it's just your quaint Pacifican ways to try ad hominem attacks rather than answer a question honestly put from one who has heard many tales but seen little of substance during your isolation. If this is the substance, it does make me wonder.

edit: Oh my word, you're not Pacifican. You're NSO. Explains everything. Thank you for your time good sir.
[/quote]
Indeed, I am in NSO. Not sure how you missed it, what with it saying 'New Sith Order' to the left, or the picture of the Sith flag below, but that's ok. Not everyone can...read and see pictures, I guess. What my AA has to do with anything I'm not really sure, I was in the NPO for 4 years if that makes you feel better.

Anyway, the reason I took that tone is because your earlier post betrays your desire to somehow attack the NPO, without having anything with which to beat them. You quoted and bolded part of MV's post, when your post was in no way a response to it, which I pointed out in my previous post. If you remove the parts that as I pointed out have no basis in reality, your attempt at biting witticism becomes 'Pacifica is an alliance of insomniacs with tendencies?'. OH NO. You see, the part where your argument falls down is that to most people, never sleeping and/or plotting does not equal a desire to be beaten. If it did, every alliance here would be masochistic. And the same could probably be said about psychopathic, since plotting doesn't necessarily imply something bad. They could be plotting to give you the best surprise party ever! Or plotting a course by the stars (yes, facetious). But no, according to you because MV said they never sleep and always plot, they are masochistic and psychopathic. Seems the Paradoxian tutors have failed you. And on top of that, trying to make a statement from MV into a stance taken by Pacifica as an alliance is ridiculous.

And so you see, your 'question honestly put' was nothing more than a ridiculous attempt to get a shot in at Pacifica, but you already knew that. As for overtures from Cortath, that's his and Pacifica's business. I will say though that I was involved the last time Pacifica attempted to settle things with TOP. I'm sure it's still there for you to view at your communications hub.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1297615282' post='2631201']
Indeed, I am in NSO. Not sure how you missed it, what with it saying 'New Sith Order' to the left, or the picture of the Sith flag below, but that's ok. Not everyone can...read and see pictures, I guess. What my AA has to do with anything I'm not really sure, I was in the NPO for 4 years if that makes you feel better.

Anyway, the reason I took that tone is because your earlier post betrays your desire to somehow attack the NPO, without having anything with which to beat them. You quoted and bolded part of MV's post, when your post was in no way a response to it, which I pointed out in my previous post. If you remove the parts that as I pointed out have no basis in reality, your attempt at biting witticism becomes 'Pacifica is an alliance of insomniacs with tendencies?'. OH NO. You see, the part where your argument falls down is that to most people, never sleeping and/or plotting does not equal a desire to be beaten. If it did, every alliance here would be masochistic. And the same could probably be said about psychopathic, since plotting doesn't necessarily imply something bad. They could be plotting to give you the best surprise party ever! Or plotting a course by the stars (yes, facetious). But no, according to you because MV said they never sleep and always plot, they are masochistic and psychopathic. Seems the Paradoxian tutors have failed you. And on top of that, trying to make a statement from MV into a stance taken by Pacifica as an alliance is ridiculous.

And so you see, your 'question honestly put' was nothing more than a ridiculous attempt to get a shot in at Pacifica, but you already knew that. As for overtures from Cortath, that's his and Pacifica's business. I will say though that I was involved the last time Pacifica attempted to settle things with TOP. I'm sure it's still there for you to view at your communications hub.
[/quote]

My most sincere apologies, but it seems in your desire to make yourself heard, you've answered a question not put to you again. Is this a regular feature of your communications? You must forgive me my moments of confusion when people do that. The technicians are saying that you're broadcasting on a wavelength usually reserved for Pacificans; you didn't happen to forget to retune your broadcasting device did you? I seem to recollect your name from somewhere... I must have a word with my briefing staff. Strangest sense of deja vu. Another life perhaps?

As for 'a shot at Pacifica', I think I've explained myself fully above. There is a dischord between MV's message to the world and others I have been sent; I am querying that. While you are happy to pick and choose which part of the message you wish to hear and attempt to explain, in your own vapidly humorous way, that words may have multiple meanings, I'm not sure the message as a whole can be taken so ambiguously. One can't have it both ways. Here in Mancland it was translated as ludicrous hyperbole which gave an impression totally at odds with the image Pacifica have been trying to cultivate around Planet Bob. Starkly at odds. However, I am sure that Pacifica is reassured that someone so long gone remains as fanatically and fiercely protective of the multiplicity of meaning contained within messages from their nations. It's a trait Paradoxians of all persuasions can empathise with.

You may take what I say with a pinch of salt but I am being honest. The people of Mancland have no sense of a personal vengeance to fulfill against Pacifica. A Pacifican nation broadcast a message to the world at complete and total odds with messages received from its own alliance's government. It was couched in ludicrously hyperbolic terms, but a message it was all the same.

I thank you for your time yet again as I know you spent some time composing your last message. It is appreciated that you are trying to couch your insults in some form of reasoned debate. I'm not sure it is necessarily winning me over to the viewpoint you are trying to espouse but I can see that you are making a tremendous effort and applaud that.

Edited by Myzebedeeistaken

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1297616390' post='2631209']
Whatever, resistance is useless!
[/quote]
Oppressing them only makes the Pacificans love you more, this is quite clear from that bizarre prose poetry on the previous page :blink:

The question then becomes: should we give them what they so fervently desire, or would it be more fun to deny them their joy? Decisions, decisions...