Pacifica: Really? come out and play

kwell

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1297391703' post='2628701']
I have an idea. Give us our 400,000 tech back so we can fight effectively. As it stands a lot of us were still below pre-KARMA strength when you cowards jumped us. And yet you blame us for running into PM. On the behalf of all those in peace, I do apologize for not fighting in a manner convenient to you.
[/quote]
You had two years and rebuilt yourself into the #2 alliance in the CyberVerse by score and #1 by NS. Even with the reparations, you had ample time to build yourself into a substantial power and did so.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1297392462' post='2628732']
You had two years and rebuilt yourself into the #2 alliance in the CyberVerse by score and #1 by NS. Even with the reparations, you had ample time to build yourself into a substantial power and did so.
[/quote]
Not just reparations, amounts so high I get dizzy of only think of it.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1297392892' post='2628743']
Not just reparations, amounts so high I get dizzy of only think of it.
[/quote]
Then you should brush up on your mathematics. When you finish, I suggest you also review grammar.

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1297391703' post='2628701']
I have an idea. Give us our 400,000 tech back so we can fight effectively. As it stands a lot of us were still below pre-KARMA strength when you cowards jumped us. And yet you blame us for running into PM. On the behalf of all those in peace, I do apologize for not fighting in a manner convenient to you.
[/quote]

You have been out of terms for about a year now. It took me four months to increase my tech level from 3k~ to 5k~ there is no reason why you couldn't have done the same. You have a variety of nations on your AA suitable for tech dealing, so don't tell me you couldn't find any sellers

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Danek' timestamp='1297370810' post='2628249']
OMG a post mocking the creator of another thread ridiculing the NPO's cowardly tactics while simultaneously ignoring the valid points made within the thread, how original!
[/quote]

Where are these valid points?

As for the OP, if you are going to try and bait someone, at least try and put some decent bait on the hook.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[/quote]

I know you probably saw this coming but I will mention that one of those years was a year under terms.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1297394236' post='2628782']
I know you probably saw this coming but I will mention that one of those years was a year under terms.
[/quote]

I refer you to my earlier post.

[quote]You have been out of terms for about a year now. It took me four months to increase my tech level from 3k~ to 5k~ there is no reason why you couldn't have done the same. You have a variety of nations on your AA suitable for tech dealing, so don't tell me you couldn't find any sellers [/quote]

What is your excuse for your inability to purchase tech?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1297394236' post='2628782']
[/quote]

You had two years and rebuilt yourself into the #2 alliance in the CyberVerse by score and #1 by NS. [b]Even with the reparations,[/b] you had ample time to build yourself into a substantial power and did so.
[/quote]

You're right, I did see that coming. That fact is well balanced by the utterly cataclysmic war that you avoided by virtue of those terms. In case you missed it, TOP and CnG went out for drinks one night and got into a brawl over a voluptuous brunette.

We later found out the gal's name was Steve, much to the chagrin of all but KP.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1297393827' post='2628769']
You have been out of terms for about a year now. It took me four months to increase my tech level from 3k~ to 5k~ there is no reason why you couldn't have done the same. You have a variety of nations on your AA suitable for tech dealing, so don't tell me you couldn't find any sellers
[/quote]

I don't really like getting into a discussion about the mechanics of nation-building because I'm not highly educated on such matters; but I will say that there are a lot more logistics concerned with building a competitive alliance from next to no technology. It's not an easy of an objective as you imply. Comparing NPO to top-heavy alliances dedicated to nation-building with active leaders(such as MK, Umbrella and TOP) is not exactly a 1:1 equivalence.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1297394512' post='2628787']
You're right, I did see that coming. That fact is well balanced by the utterly cataclysmic war that you avoided by virtue of those terms. In case you missed it, TOP and CnG went out for drinks one night and got into a brawl over a voluptuous brunette.

We later found out the gal's name was Steve, much to the chagrin of all but KP.
[/quote]

Being under terms is different than being under reparations. But those are semantics. I know you know what I'm talking about.

In any case, yes I know you suffered a lot of damages against TOP. But then again, I also know that you received reparations from those too. You see? It's not as easy as you make it to be.

That being said, you're right. We have not been sleeping. We have been rebuilding at a rapid rate. That is mostly due to the sheer size of NPO and the amount of cooks in the kitchen that we have. But even then, there are logistical hindrances to building NPO that you cannot possibly summarize in a sentence or two. And I'm sure you know that too. So why bother arguing this point?

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1297394661' post='2628792']
I don't really like getting into a discussion about the mechanics of nation-building because I'm not highly educated on such matters; but I will say that there are a lot more logistics concerned with building a competitive alliance from next to no technology. It's not an easy of an objective as you imply. Comparing NPO to top-heavy alliances dedicated to nation-building with active leaders(such as MK, Umbrella and TOP) is not exactly a 1:1 equivalence.
[/quote]

I'm not highly educated on it either, but I know that you could've easily increased your tech levels much more than you actually did had you made more of an effort. It's laziness and it's not a good excuse for why your nations are in such poor states.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1297394467' post='2628786']
What is your excuse for your inability to purchase tech?
[/quote]

While you personally might have done well, the economic realities of rebuilding an alliance of over 500 members and supplying enough tech sellers for them all is quite different than your individual situation. The fact that our enemies were boosted by our own tech through reparations doesn't help either.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1297395208' post='2628805']
[b]I'm not highly educated on it either,[/b] but I know that you could've easily increased your tech levels much more than you actually did had you made more of an effort. It's laziness and it's not a good excuse for why your nations are in such poor states.
[/quote]

Yes, we can see that.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297395038' post='2628799']
Ahh, when you run out of something classy to say, just resort to the classic "NO U". It never fails.
[/quote]

Ahh, when you run out of excuses to give, just dismiss the poster and declare all of his points are invalid just because you said so. It never fails.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1297391351' post='2628693']
All your talk about reparations has just been tough bully boy, smack talk then?

Gotcha.
[/quote]

Any talk about reparations has had to do with those that declared on us, not NPO.

(Yeah, you should probably actually pay attention.)

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1297395601' post='2628813']
Ahh, when you run out of excuses to give, just dismiss the poster and declare all of his points are invalid just because you said so. It never fails.
[/quote]

What excuses have I given? We do not have to give you or anyone else for that matter an excuse for our nations being in peacemode.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1297395208' post='2628805']
I'm not highly educated on it either, but I know that you could've easily increased your tech levels much more than you actually did had you made more of an effort. It's laziness and it's not a good excuse for why your nations are in such poor states.
[/quote]

Well since you are using your nation as a counter example, I would presume that you had a sizable warchest before you went from 3k-5k (or whatever it was) Procuring technology is not the only important thing in nation building. Even an uneducated heathen such as I am aware of this. There are also the considerations of building wonders and the like. You narrow your arguments to purely on obtaining technology as if that was the only thing that mattered. But it's not.

Anyways, I was informed of some statistics from some of my peers: apparently we went from 1k technology to 5k technology in that period of time. Or something to that extent. So I believe your point becomes moot with these numbers.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1297395380' post='2628807']
While you personally might have done well, the economic realities of rebuilding an alliance of over 500 members and supplying enough tech sellers for them all is quite different than your individual situation. The fact that our enemies were boosted by our own tech through reparations doesn't help either.
[/quote]

I understand that, but the tech levels you had pre-war were pitiful, it was as if you barely tried at all. You have a substantial amount of lower tier members who are perfectly suited to selling tech so you have an abundance of slots and I'm sure you're capable of finding sellers in other alliances.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1297394943' post='2628798']
Being under terms is different than being under reparations. But those are semantics. I know you know what I'm talking about.

In any case, yes I know you suffered a lot of damages against TOP. But then again, I also know that you received reparations from those too. You see? It's not as easy as you make it to be.

That being said, you're right. We have not been sleeping. We have been rebuilding at a rapid rate. That is mostly due to the sheer size of NPO and the amount of cooks in the kitchen that we have. But even then, there are logistical hindrances to building NPO that you cannot possibly summarize in a sentence or two. And I'm sure you know that too. So why bother arguing this point?
[/quote]
I was using reparations/terms interchangeably out of laziness.

When we ran the numbers we found that the reparations were wasting so much slot time that they were less efficient than just buying tech the old fashioned way. That's part of why there were no tears shed when we forgave the outstanding balance back whenever it was we did that.

NPO is an extraordinarily populous alliance with members of varying activity and dedication to the minutae of nation construction, variables that hinder mass growth programs and technology transactions, programs necessary to compete on the same level as "elite" alliances in the vein of the Mushroom Kingdom, The Order of the Paradox, and (most frightening of all) Umbrella. These difficulties make it incredibly difficult for Pacifica to keep up with its rivals in the ever important "top tier", forcing Pacifica to dodge wars in the hopes that its rivals will remain embroiled in conflict enough to allow it to catch up enough to utilize its sheer population.

Those are two sentences that I think well encapsulate your dilemma. You'd have plenty a top-tier to go toe to toe with us this war if you subtracted the one major alliance on our side that hasn't been leveled on the frontline of a brutal global conflict: Umbrella. I'm not arguing that NPO doesn't face the same problems every other mass-recruitment alliance faces. My only point in the midst of all of this is that NPO is selling itself short and was/is more powerful statistically and politically than it is willing to admit.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1297391440' post='2628696']
Then perhaps you should not have let them get to PM in the first place.

See that is the amazing thing about callouts like this. These nations are obviously not in perpetual peace mode, they went there because of this war.

Now in Karma you tried this argument because NPO entered the war first, and had the ability to set itself with PM however it saw fit before any counter was declared. In this situation you guys had the not only a statistical advantage in the upper tiers, but you also had the element of surprise. So the fact that there are 80 nations you want out of PM simply shows that there are either 80 nations you failed to do anything with in your initial blitz or your opsec was not good enough before you hit, and NPO was tipped off and had time to get people to PM.

Either way, those nations are there because of your failure.
[/quote]
Most of those nations hit peace mode BEFORE we declared. We moved up our declaration because of it, as lots of NPO were hitting peace.