My Apology to the Mushroom Kingdom

Remlin

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand those who resign from alliances in war but it is a decision that is made. Universally, you will find that deserters aren't look kindly upon no matter what alliance affiliation you belong to. Alliances expect things in return for membership, when war calls, you answer it. People will forget you ever deserted in time but actions speak louder than words. It is too recent to say that people shouldn't say anything, by bringing this here, you have made it a bigger mark however in some people's eyes that they wouldn't have been aware of.

This world isn't exactly friendly to people, particularly not those who desert during war. Other people not in the alliance may forget but the alliance you deserted from typically does not. When you make a choice to put your nation above your alliance, you make a choice in your actions and words cannot reverse actions. Time does regain trust but deeds we do speak louder of our character. A single action is enough to reveal someone's nature. A single action is enough to undo an entire history. A single action if big enough speaks a thousand words.

I do understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't desert in war, I'd rather face ZI before I'd ever desert. You will find this concept is common in many members. It is one thing to leave in peace time but another in war. It shows quite a bit of character but I wish you luck in your future.

I find the most hilarious part of this whole apology is how a nation that is just 179 days old can feel so strongly about NPO

[quote]the dishonorable, dispacable, NPO, who I myself have always, ALWAYS loathed and despised.[/quote]

They have literally done nothing in the last 6 months besides posting their quarterly newsletters or whatever they call it... that's some special hate breeding you got going on in MK.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1297245949' post='2626855']
I find the most hilarious part of this whole apology is how a nation that is just 179 days old can feel so strongly about NPO

They have literally done nothing in the last 6 months besides posting their quarterly newsletters or whatever they call it... that's some special hate breeding you got going on in MK.
[/quote]

And I thought we were the masters of brainwashing our members :rolleyes:

Well as to the OP, War-chest War-chest War-chest also join a better alliance, one that does not attack an alliance as powerful as NPO (yes NPO is far more powerful then MK will ever be, why else did MK have to get support ?)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297118729' post='2624580']
So you get triple teamed, surrender, now you are breaking your word (again) in order to try impress your former alliance, the one you would slice your wrists for to make them love you again? :rolleyes:

I can't figure out if this a "dun goofed" or merely a MK propaganda piece.

Probably both...no, it is both, even if unintentionally so.
[/quote]

LOL, ok I did find this funny as hell, a member of Valhalla complaining about someone not holding true to their word, what! (the beat plays) what! (the beat plays) everyone on plant bob put your hands up, (the beat plays) everyone on plant bob put your hands up, did you notice this Valhalla fool did not have his hands up, its because duckroll has him gassed up........Whose afraid to keep their word, who watch as their friends burn and fails to uphold treaties, its FAILHALLA

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1297246666' post='2626859']
LOL, ok I did find this funny as hell, a member of Valhalla complaining about someone not holding true to their word, what! (the beat plays) what! (the beat plays) everyone on plant bob put your hands up, (the beat plays) everyone on plant bob put your hands up, did you notice this Valhalla fool did not have his hands up, its because duckroll has him gassed up........Whose afraid to keep their word, who watch as their friends burn and fails to uphold treaties, its FAILHALLA
[/quote]

Another quality post brought to you by Timeline.

You level of inepititude is epic, buddy. :)

Well as to the OP, War-chest War-chest War-chest also join a better alliance, one that does not attack an alliance as powerful as NPO (yes NPO is far more powerful then MK will ever be, why else did MK have to get support ?)

[/quote]

Oh not this again [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

Quality post Timeline.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

[/quote]

Behold.

The only post in this thread worse than the OP.

I find the most hilarious part of this whole apology is how a nation that is just 179 days old can feel so strongly about NPO[/quote]
he's from '06 and was in the citrus war iirc.

also, never change timeline.

[/quote]

Nation age is inconsequential.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297248750' post='2626869']
he's from '06 and was in the citrus war iirc.

also, never change timeline.
[/quote]

ah you know what... there was one key line which I thought really implied he was relatively new, but it turns out I misread the "came back to CyberNations" bit.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297219695' post='2626454']
Truly, the OP is displaying a great moral fibre and has ...

OK nevermind. A backbone made of jelly doesn't even begin to describe it.
[/quote]

And a backbone made of NPO's appendage is better?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1297252895' post='2626883']
And a backbone made of NPO's appendage is better?
[/quote]
I've never considered accepting individual surrender terms (because I love my alliance). If I did, I certainly would not then go ahead and post an apology to my former alliance for deserting them, claiming that I really loved them all along.

I can't imagine the reason this thread was posted. Maybe the OP feels that he needs to get off an MK blacklist of some kind, or no alliance will accept him?

I doubt this is true, and if I was being attacked by my old alliance for leaving them, I'd feel happy fighting my former alliancemates in the GGA. ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297260931' post='2626930']
I've never considered accepting individual surrender terms (because I love my alliance). If I did, I certainly would not then go ahead and post an apology to my former alliance for deserting them, claiming that I really loved them all along.

I can't imagine the reason this thread was posted. Maybe the OP feels that he needs to get off an MK blacklist of some kind, or no alliance will accept him?

I doubt this is true, and if I was being attacked by my old alliance for leaving them, I'd feel happy fighting my former alliancemates in the GGA. ;)
[/quote]

Remlin said what he had to say, it was a rash decision made in bad timing (among other things). He regrets it, he apologized. Was it necessary? No, probably not. But he felt he had to do it because he had (and still has) friends in MK. There is nothing more to it. But I'm pretty sure you and your fondness for conspiracy theories will come up with a perfectly valid reason for what MK and Remlin do later on. I just hope it involved llamas this time.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1297261583' post='2626941']
Remlin said what he had to say, it was a rash decision made in bad timing (among other things). He regrets it, he apologized. Was it necessary? No, probably not. But he felt he had to do it because he had (and still has) friends in MK. There is nothing more to it.
[/quote]
Of course there isn't. This statement clearly reflects the truth of the situation in every way.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1297145196' post='2625373']
lol

You literally have not posted on our boards since your application. In November.

You consistently showed up on our inactive list for roll calls, responding only on the rare threat of getting the boot.

Enjoy the Goomba List.
[/quote]
Wait, isn't the Goomba List a target list for nations to be attacked?

Why yes it is!

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297263698' post='2626971']
Of course there isn't. This statement clearly reflects the truth of the situation in every way.

Wait, isn't the Goomba List a target list for nations to be attacked?

Why yes it is!
[/quote]

How many attacks from MK on Remlin do you see exactly?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1297264046' post='2626978']
How many attacks from MK on Remlin do you see exactly?
[/quote]

But to be honest MK doesn't really have that many people in his range. And even when there is someone, they are caught up in the war or are in peace mode. But what you do with him is your own business. I just hope he won't be full member of MK before the end of the war. We could mutually respect the individual surrender terms after all, in which I don't see a reason to doubt at the moment.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1297264396' post='2626983']
[/quote]

Give us time, it'll take a while before any of us get beaten down to his level.

And by then, they'll have plenty of higher priority targets at or near ZI.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1297264753' post='2626990']
Surrender is honorable only when all your comrades exit the war with you because there is no further honor in continuing the war.
[/quote]
Surrender is dishonorable unless it isn't, in which case it is honorable.

Good luck finding an alliance that takes all members.. Some may not be warriors at heart but there is a place for everyone in the right alliance. Best of luck to you. I personally understand the surrender thing, I've personally never done it nor would I, but I understand war isn't for the faint-hearted..

Best of luck in your CN future...

My dearest Remlin,

You surrendered but do not know why. You did this because you have a conflict within you... You hate alliances that attack without cause, that bully others, that hold the world in fear. During your time in the Kingdom, your mind still hates the Order, but your heart knows that it is the Kingdom that has strayed from the path of enlightenment.

Why did you fail to ask for help? Because you can't accept it from aggressors involved in an unjust war. Why did you surrender to NADC? Because it was the only way to ensure your break with the evils of the Kingdom would be complete.

I promise you this, Remlin, when I am seated upon the Toadstool Throne and the Sword of Justice punishes the wicked, you will have a place in the Palace of Peace.

Your humble Servant,
King Paul, Senior Industrial Regent and Pretender to the Toadstool Throne

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1297573259' post='2630928']
Surrender is dishonorable unless it isn't, in which case it is honorable.
[/quote]
I shall take no lessons about honor from the likes of you, former ally. You have betrayed what you could have been. You embraced the darkness surrounding you and extinguished the light within when you could have let it shine to the world. Such is the judgment that faces you in the end of days, Wankan Tanka.

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1297118315' post='2624562']
I personally forgive you for your haste and incredibly stupid decision, but know that others will not be so forgiving and that you will forever be known as ~the guy that literally surrendered to nadc~
[/quote]

lol i cant believe this. Im fighting NADC myself... how do you surrender to CMs? :>

*blinks*

People are still posting in this days after I've already retired from the game? Wow.

After thinking about it, I guess the main reason I did what I did is because I've been mostly retired since I came back to CN anyways, and had strongly been considering fully retiring and just hanging out on IRC anyways. It was nothing personal towards Mushroom Kingdom or anyone in it. I still have friends in MK that I talk to regularly. I've told them all my reasoning and they're all understanding of it.

I really only checked my nation every 4 or 5 days as it was.

So everyone just relax, I'm retired now. :)

Peace all.

Edited by Remlin