A Salute to the Warriors of Sparta

zzzptm

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296623447' post='2615658']
This is cute. In exchange for your award, Sparta bequeaths upon NV the coveted "Quick! Hide in peace mode so Alex doesn't ZI you in a week!" medal.

By the way, get more tech. You guys need it.
[/quote]
Hey, I remember you! Thanks for giving me tech for the last week :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1296619882' post='2615588']
I had to spy on MagicalBricks just to see for myself... here's the full report, people.

Yes, the naval portion is missing. It never came with the spy report. The spy died laughing after seeing the air force situation, so he could not collect information about the navy.
[/quote]

^^ I am speechless ^^

Well, I hope this topic was worth it, because you will be getting much higher reps because to it. Good leadership sometimes requires you put aside your ego. In this case, poor leadership and NV's nations are the ones that pay. It's a shame really.

Sparta, you should just post a topic where you paste [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=195216"]this guy's nuke reports[/url]. That would be way better propaganda than this pathetic attempt.

Not again.

I guess at least this posturing thread OP is on our side :v:

EDIT: [quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296628044' post='2615810']
Sparta, you should just post a topic where you paste [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=195216"]this guy's nuke reports[/url]. That would be way better propaganda than this pathetic attempt.
[/quote]
Dude I had more casualties than that guy with my first nation that never, EVER, got nukes. :v:

Edited by Earogema

Oh, don't worry about that, Steve. NV has not sought reps from Sparta... medals are free :)

In case you didn't notice, it was a joke thread (not an alliance announcement), and everyone had a good time with it... especially Tulak.

Edited by Nelchael

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1296629205' post='2615853']
Oh, don't worry about that, Steve. NV has not sought reps from Sparta... medals are free :)

In case you didn't notice, it was a joke thread (not an alliance announcement), and everyone had a good time with it... especially Tulak.
[/quote]
Pheww! I was afraid that when you surrender to Sparta that you were going to try to sneak through the term that Sparta had to pay you 20,000 tech or something. Good to know your alliance supports petty joke threads. Shall I post a joke thread about how my NpO guy never nuked me once despite being my only war for several days?

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296629991' post='2615876']
Pheww! I was afraid that when you surrender to Sparta that you were going to try to sneak through the term that Sparta had to pay you 20,000 tech or something. Good to know your alliance supports petty joke threads. Shall I post a joke thread about how my NpO guy never nuked me once despite being my only war for several days?
[/quote]
Our alliance supports [limited] freedom of expression on forums. I don't see iFOK coming by to condemn your petty little rant, either.

You have my condolences, iFOK.

Also, are you really this humor deaf? My response, mocking the absurdity of yours, should be your sign that you're acting a fool. I don't say this frequently, but you should really go get some sleep, and maybe ask somebody to give you a hug, before you post more.

I did ok against my nations. I lost quite a bit of NS, I am a little rusty I admit, but I fought 6 and helped roll 4.5ish (.5 = in the process of being rolled) of your upper tier guys too :P .

I hopped into peace mode today, and will be rebuilding nukes and navy. You can expect me to pop back out and ruin a few nubs hopes and dreams to reach peace mode in a few days. XD

This will certainly be fun to see the outcome. It's been a fun fight thus far.

Edit: crazy eyes, you da man.

Edited by jeff barr

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296629991' post='2615876']
[/quote]
No, that would be boring.
Thanks.

[quote name='Tulak Hord' timestamp='1296618512' post='2615541']
Thank you for the award but I seriously don't think it's anything compared to your own award. However, I'm not sure you guys deserve it just yet. We at least use fighters, ya know ;)

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Supreme Peoples. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Total Aircraft: 105
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 945
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Are you serious about that? If so, I may just !@#$ magicalbricks.[/color]

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1296629137' post='2615850']
Not again.

EDIT:
Dude I had more casualties than that guy with my first nation that never, EVER, got nukes. :v:
[/quote]
It doesn't take 9 million casualties to hit a nuke button and watch nations disappear :P

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1296632374' post='2615935']
Our alliance supports [limited] freedom of expression on forums. I don't see iFOK coming by to condemn your petty little rant, either.

You have my condolences, iFOK.

Also, are you really this humor deaf? My response, mocking the absurdity of yours, should be your sign that you're acting a fool. I don't say this frequently, but you should really go get some sleep, and maybe ask somebody to give you a hug, before you post more.
[/quote]
I'm enjoying getting under your skin. What can I say. ;)

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1296629137' post='2615850']
Not again.

EDIT:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.toplessrobot.com/TurtlePower.jpg[/img]
Sadly nukes don't give you casualties :(.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1296635681' post='2615978']
Sadly nukes don't give you casualties :(.
[/quote]

This is true. I wish the system kept track of nukes received and sent instead, my numbers would look much better.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296618261' post='2615534']
I've already awarded a medal to the entirety of GOONS: The Black Heart, awarded for being hated enough to acquire more than 10 counters in an alliance conflict.
[/quote]

Get in line, been there done that^

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296634394' post='2615959']
It doesn't take 9 million casualties to hit a nuke button and watch nations disappear :P
[/quote]
Really, it has more to do with how well prepared a nation is (wrt warchest, trades etc) than it has to do with casualties.
Still, those nukes are going to hurt almost as much as Hime Themis' nukes.

Edited by Arrnea

I wish I hadn't wasted my time reading the butt hurt responses from everyone but Sparta. You should've just created this thread in an embassy on Sparta's boards Zzzptm and had a laugh with them there. It seems you can't have a joke unless you're sat at the cool kids table, on the larger side of the war.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1296647041' post='2616031']
If you're going to start threads as jokes then please do keep to each other's forums.
[/quote]
Come on, maybe this wasn’t as eloquent as you would like, but I see it more like a friendly tease than an attempt to discredit Sparta. Planet Bob is going to be in war for a long time, so maybe once a while we can lighten up and exchange some jokes. After all some lighthearted threads can be a good counterbalance to these “open letter” and “where the world is going” threads, they can provide a good mix.

[quote name='Balkan Banania' timestamp='1296648083' post='2616044']
Come on, maybe this wasn’t as eloquent as you would like, but I see it more like a friendly tease than an attempt to discredit Sparta. Planet Bob is going to be in war for a long time, so maybe once a while we can lighten up and exchange some jokes. After all some lighthearted threads can be a good counterbalance to these “open letter” and “where the world is going” threads, they can provide a good mix.
[/quote]
Yeah I can see that now. I still reserve the right to return fire and mock NV outside of war time when their 15 minutes of fame is over.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1296645442' post='2616026']
I wish I hadn't wasted my time reading the butt hurt responses from everyone but Sparta. You should've just created this thread in an embassy on Sparta's boards Zzzptm and had a laugh with them there. It seems you can't have a joke unless you're sat at the cool kids table, on the larger side of the war.
[/quote]
Indeed...

Still, I think this goes to show what a good bunch Sparta are. And I do love their trivia games in their channel.

And as for this increasing the reps NV has to pay... seriously? Someone out there in alliance leadership land is saying NV should pay more reps for my giving an award in a light-hearted vein to an opponent that we are nevertheless learning to respect from the opposite side of the field of battle?

C'mon... it's Ironchef's medal, after all. It [i]really is[/i] a collector's item, and...

Well, maybe I better start punishing myself now so there will be that much less to do later. Changing my support pip to Sparta. Ouch. Hurts already.