Joint Justitia - GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1296424979' post='2611551']
Oh, GOONS, your collective stupidity undermines some individual diamonds in the trough. If you guys were in alliances where intelligence were taken seriously, I'm sure some of you could make it to the top. As it is now, the only thing you're showcasing here is your inability to do anything but yell at us, because that's all that GOONS as a collective can do. It's saddening to see.
[/quote]
You have no room to talk about stupidity, oh ye who aided Methrage.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296425183' post='2611558']
Come out of peace mode then. We're waiting on pins and needles for you to come and play.
[/quote]
Are you saying this conflict is at an end and if we're going to fight we better get those shots in now?

[quote name='Udelar Johnson' timestamp='1296411692' post='2611271']
I'm sorry, I can't read this without the blue text.
[/quote]

No, it still has big words in it. Blue text won't help you.

And you prove all that I said. Thank you.

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1296425416' post='2611569']
Are you saying this conflict is at an end and if we're going to fight we better get those shots in now?
[/quote]

No, he just said the same thing I did. Don't be obtuse. I'm a okay sitting here waiting for you and your friends. Good fun and all.

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1296424979' post='2611551']
Oh, GOONS, your collective stupidity undermines some individual diamonds in the trough. If you guys were in alliances where intelligence were taken seriously, I'm sure some of you could make it to the top. As it is now, the only thing you're showcasing here is your inability to do anything but yell at us, because that's all that GOONS as a collective can do. It's saddening to see.
[/quote]
The fact that you have to resort to insults and name calling shows how intellectually vapid you are. Are you four? We can't do anything but comment about your alliance being in peace mode... [i][b]because you're all in peace mode.[/b][/i] What else [i][b]can[/b][/i] we do?

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1296416084' post='2611364']
Screenshots of them running to your opponents' forums or it didn't happen.
[/quote]

I, Ming the Merciless of New Mongo, am sorely disappointed that no members of NPO or Legion haven taken advantage of my generous hospitality and paid me a visit. I even sent forth my meme-issaries to invite several Legion nations who met all the qualifications of my foreign visa program:

[IMG]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6485/comeatmebroi.png[/img]

[IMG]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3753/legionspamoutbox.png[/img]

I have communicated with a member of the NPO alliance expressing my desire to have his friends visit my fair country and enjoy my many amusement parks:

[quote]00:43 -!- IVIonster[NPO] [****] has joined #cybergoons

00:52 < dbc00per[GOONS]> NPO, please send people my way: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=431991

00:52 -!- Irssi: #cybergoons: Total of 98 nicks [3 ops, 5 halfops, 0 voices, 90 normal]

00:53 < dbc00per[GOONS]> Same goes for any other anti-GOON AAs in here. All my pals have gotten DoWs but I haven't :(

00:58 < IVIonster[NPO]> dbc00per[GOONS] would you like me to work on Sending a Battalion your way?

00:59 < dbc00per[GOONS]> IVIonster[NPO]: Please
00:59 < IVIonster[NPO]> I am serious?
00:59 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> Add me to the list please
00:59 < IVIonster[NPO]> feldheim.. AA?
00:59 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> GOONS
00:59 < dbc00per[GOONS]> He's being sneaky
00:59 < dbc00per[GOONS]> IVIonster[NPO]: I am being serious.
01:00 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> yup. since Legion kicked me for my GOONS tag when I entered their channel.
01:00 < dbc00per[GOONS]> s/being//
01:00 < dbc00per[GOONS]> Don't have to be NPO. Could be Legion, etc. I'm not picky

01:00 < IVIonster[NPO]> lol
01:00 < IVIonster[NPO]> Gimme nation links

01:00 < dbc00per[GOONS]> Awesome! http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=431991
01:00 < Lenin> such is the potency of the GOONS war machine
01:01 < dbc00per[GOONS]> :blush:
01:01 < Dudis> SPARTA IS AWESOME
01:01 -!- irrationalx[goons] [*****] has joined #cybergoons
01:01 < dbc00per[GOONS]> You all have a lot of nations in our range but they seem inactive or something.
01:01 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=435273 http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=435273
01:01 < Dudis> SPARTA HAS THE GREATEST WAR MACHINE IN BOB
01:01 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> whoops
01:01 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=435273
01:01 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> that's better.
01:01 < IVIonster[NPO]> dbc00per[GOONS] approximately how large is your warchest?
01:01 < dbc00per[GOONS]> My nick is dbc00per but my I'm Ming
01:01 < dbc00per[GOONS]> ~$4M right now
01:02 < Feldheim_C[LLJK]> I'm FeldheimC, ifin you couldn't tell.
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> first of all ty
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> 2nd of all

01:02 < dbc00per[GOONS]> No, ty
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> why wouyld you tell the enemy how long you can last
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> ?
01:02 * dbc00per[GOONS] shrugs
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> lol
01:02 < IVIonster[NPO]> you GOONs are funny
01:02 < dbc00per[GOONS]> I get to put a stupid MS Paint badge in my sig if I have 6 wars going at once
01:02 <@Ktarthan> Because it doesn't matter
[/quote]

Please visit, New Mongo is lovely this time of year. Bring your friends!

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296425925' post='2611581']
The fact that you have to resort to insults and name calling shows how intellectually vapid you are. Are you four? We can't do anything but comment about your alliance being in peace mode... [i][b]because you're all in peace mode.[/b][/i] What else [i][b]can[/b][/i] we do?
[/quote]
Not complain about something that you cannot effectively change or do anything about? I mean, it's pretty obvious you're going to verbally attack CoJ whether we had come to fight or decided to hippy.

I mean imo, it's hilarious that this thread even has 18 pages.

Even if we wanted to get out of peace mode right now, it takes 5 days btw. Which means even WE cannot do anything about it yet.

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1296425768' post='2611576']
No, he just said the same thing I did. Don't be obtuse.[/quote]
We declared just under two days ago and after displaying my disbelief of whether he honestly felt we would sit out the entire war he more or less says "then come on in." The only reason we would have to rush in like that would be if the war was winding down. Presumably he would have replied no, the war isn't winding down with peace on the horizon. Said response would have drawn the "then there's no reason to rush" reply. I simply took his comment in context to the discussion we were having.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1296425441' post='2611570']
No, it still has big words in it. Blue text won't help you.

And you prove all that I said. Thank you.
[/quote]
How will my NS ever recover from this scathing insult on my reading comprehension? That's gotta be like, what, 20 days of anarchy right there.

Edited by Udelar Johnson

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1296426183' post='2611588']
Not complain about something that you cannot effectively change or do anything about? I mean, it's pretty obvious you're going to verbally attack CoJ whether we had come to fight or decided to hippy.

I mean imo, it's hilarious that this thread even has 18 pages.

Even if we wanted to get out of peace mode right now, it takes 5 days btw. Which means even WE cannot do anything about it yet.
[/quote]
Actually, I think we would have been more impressed if CoJ came to fight instead of halfheartedly hippy'ed it.

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1296426537' post='2611602']
We declared just under two days ago and after displaying my disbelief of whether he honestly felt we would sit out the entire war he more or less says "then come on in." The only reason we would have to rush in like that would be if the war was winding down. Presumably he would have replied no, the war isn't winding down with peace on the horizon. Said response would have drawn the "then there's no reason to rush" reply. I simply took his comment in context to the discussion we were having.
[/quote]
No, I didn't actually think you'd sit out the entire war, because there [b]are[/b] some CoJ members who aren't in peace mode. I just find it very amusing that Schattennman likes to talk the talk, but apparently can't walk and talk at the same time.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296426919' post='2611613']
Actually, I think we would have been more impressed if CoJ came to fight instead of halfheartedly hippy'ed it.

No, I didn't actually think you'd sit out the entire war, because there [b]are[/b] some CoJ members who aren't in peace mode. I just find it very amusing that Schattennman likes to talk the talk, but apparently can't walk and talk at the same time.
[/quote]
I highly doubt that but okay.

Also I myself told Schattenmann to get to peace mode. I'm sure that he was fine with fighting.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296425925' post='2611581']
[/quote]

I actually complimented you, but in your collective mass of dumb you have failed to see it, much like you fail to see the strategic use of peace mode. Whenever the subject of Schattenmann or the Cult comes up, GOONS comes rushing up with the usual cast and crew and endlessly spouts a bunch of crap that anybody with a brain and a capacity for logic can see through, and then they get a bunch of people who haven't posted or registered to come in and join in in a spectacular failure of an attempt to make their side look better or larger, and then... nothing happens, because as soon as more than a few GOONS get together they are incapable of doing anything other than act like their namesake.

I know Beefspari, to name just one, is intelligent and quite capable of being competent. It's a shame that once she's joined by a couple more that Beefspari becomes just another one of the mindless crowd.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1296427308' post='2611620']
I actually complimented you, but in your collective mass of dumb you have failed to see it, much like you fail to see the strategic use of peace mode. Whenever the subject of Schattenmann or the Cult comes up, GOONS comes rushing up with the usual cast and crew and endlessly spouts a bunch of crap that anybody with a brain and a capacity for logic can see through, and then they get a bunch of people who haven't posted or registered to come in and join in in a spectacular failure of an attempt to make their side look better or larger, and then... nothing happens, because as soon as more than a few GOONS get together they are incapable of doing anything other than act like their namesake.

I know Beefspari, to name just one, is intelligent and quite capable of being competent. It's a shame that once she's joined by a couple more that Beefspari becomes just another one of the mindless crowd.
[/quote]

Maybe if you actually argued for something instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks against us, we'd actually care.

Generally you try to "lead from the front" rather than from peace mode, Schatt.

*Shakes head sadly*

[quote]I actually complimented you, but in your collective mass of dumb you have failed to see it, much like you fail to see the strategic use of peace mode.[/quote]

Yeah, there's a strategic use to peace mode.

It's to allow second waves, to preserve forces to keep your enemy out of peace mode, to re-arm with nukes between wars, to save a few nations for rebuilding and reps purposes, to avoid being anarchied by your opponents before you can declare wars (allowing you to engage more nations)....

Or it can be used like it's being used by Schatt: To preserve his nation and protect it from the consequences of his decision to involve his alliance in this conflict.

Not every "Peace mode = cowardice" comment is wrong. Sometimes they're right. It appears that in this case, Schattenmann's alliance will be using peace mode to shield 2/3 of his alliance (including all of the larger nations) from the damage of warfare rather than to gain a tactical advantage.

Can't really blame the guy for realizing that his side's been defeated, though, I guess.

But yeah, just because peace mode jokes are often incorrectly used does not mean that they are never valid.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1296428053' post='2611634']

*Shakes head sadly*
[/quote]
Don't you get it!? This is all some awesome strategic move from the greatest military and diplomatic mind that Bob has ever seen and will ever see! We plebs just can't fathom the awesomeness of Schattenmann and have to deal with a mere shadow of his greatness lest we go blind from his brilliance.

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1296428489' post='2611640']
The peace mode and using them as second waves isn't a new idea, I'm not sure why that is complained or joked about throughout this thread. If they stay at peace throughout the war, then some of you would have a point.
[/quote]

Yeah but there's no *first wave*. Second waves are usually utilized because nations in anarchy can't attack their opponents again. A second wave would attack those opponents to keep them out of peace mode while the first exited nuclear anarchy, collected, rearmed and then took over for the second wave...

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1296428724' post='2611643']
Yeah but there's no *first wave*. Second waves are usually utilized because nations in anarchy can't attack their opponents again. A second wave would attack those opponents to keep them out of peace mode while the first exited nuclear anarchy, collected, rearmed and then took over for the second wave...
[/quote]
There you go again. :rolleyes:

There most definitely is something to be said for leaders who do so from the front. If one does then you may see a strong boost to moral and your members generally being well motivated. They'll witness their higher ranks expecting of others what they would do themselves. In waiting to engage an uncertainty may develop within the membership where those nations begin to lose confidence and feel used. A lot of this varies by alliance. In the small, intimate, gatherings it's easier to meet, greet and learn about each other thus dispel any lack of faith one might have otherwise held. As an alliance grows though the leader is less likely to be known well by each and every individual member. That level of contact just isn't possible because of time constraints so those alliances are more likely to send their leaders in with the initial blitz.

A further influence to all of this is the type of war fought (aggressive, defensive) along with its reason and ones goals in it; the kind of assistance provided and its frequency and lastly the individual members way of thinking. Some alliances simply don't require the leaders to be engaged in combat from the beginning to end in order for members to be willing to fight. Where each alliance falls in this spectrum is to be judged on a case by case basis.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1296437378' post='2611795']
This was one of the most painful reads of my life. Seriously, all of you shut up.
[/quote]
It's like an Allstars roster of idiots that have a Schattenmania grudge.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1296428053' post='2611634']

*Shakes head sadly*

Yeah, there's a strategic use to peace mode.

It's to allow second waves, to preserve forces to keep your enemy out of peace mode, to re-arm with nukes between wars, to save a few nations for rebuilding and reps purposes, to avoid being anarchied by your opponents before you can declare wars (allowing you to engage more nations)....

Or it can be used like it's being used by Schatt: To preserve his nation and protect it from the consequences of his decision to involve his alliance in this conflict.

Not every "Peace mode = cowardice" comment is wrong. Sometimes they're right. It appears that in this case, Schattenmann's alliance will be using peace mode to shield 2/3 of his alliance (including all of the larger nations) from the damage of warfare rather than to gain a tactical advantage.

Can't really blame the guy for realizing that his side's been defeated, though, I guess.

But yeah, just because peace mode jokes are often incorrectly used does not mean that they are never valid.
[/quote]

Penkala, I was afraid that once you partook of the Viridian rites which I dare not describe in view of the public (for their sake) you'd go full Viridian and suffer the mind-obliterating effects of the yellow drank, but I held out hope. Alas, it could not be stopped. You're a little toadie in a big world, but I would imagine that even you can understand that this is bigger than Cult Of Justitia and our 20 30k+ NS nations. An overarching decision on how things are going to be done has been made, and while a cog like you might not understand big pictures, I [i]will[/i] begrudge you for talking about things you don't understand. Or, as the case may be, ignoring reality and just opening your mouth for opening's sake. Why don't you go curl up in Daddy Carlos' lap and enjoy the show, and--little tag-along that you are--not ever presume to speak to me about leadership from a position of subservience.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296438508' post='2611811']
It's like an Allstars roster of idiots that have a Schattenmania grudge.

Penkala, I was afraid that once you partook of the Viridian rites which I dare not describe in view of the public (for their sake) you'd go full Viridian and suffer the mind-obliterating effects of the yellow drank, but I held out hope. Alas, it could not be stopped. You're a little toadie in a big world, but I would imagine that even you can understand that this is bigger than Cult Of Justitia and our 20 30k+ NS nations. An overarching decision on how things are going to be done has been made, and while a cog like you might not understand big pictures, I [i]will[/i] begrudge you for talking about things you don't understand. Or, as the case may be, ignoring reality and just opening your mouth for opening's sake. Why don't you go curl up in Daddy Carlos' lap and enjoy the show, and--little tag-along that you are--not ever presume to speak to me about leadership from a position of subservience.
[/quote]
You know, for someone who craves respect and attention, you're a condescending jerk.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1296439601' post='2611838']
When you get down to it, [i]everyone's[/i] a condescending jerk deep down inside.

So this is completely normal. :D
[/quote]
I'm not. :(