Everything. Must. Die.

Archon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1296064603' post='2602899']Now let me get this straight, you would not have been able to attack VE or FAN if TOP wasn't allied to you? That is your arguement?[/quote]
No. My argument is you were a close treaty partner to us back then, fulfilling your treaty duties during that time.

It doesn't need to be drowned in walls of texts to get lost, as it is quite simple and it has simple to spot ramifications.
No Sir, I have no need for many words, things are clear. I reject preaches from your AA. That is all.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1296026366' post='2602362']
In any case, NPO will no longer be the hated enemy of MK that it is after this war. After this war, our bloodlust will be satiated and we will have had our revenge. Perhaps then MK and those of you who are members of NPO now can shake hands and bury the hatchet.
[/quote]

Is the fact that NPO might be slightly irritated over having been attacked out of the blue for the sole reason of it being damaged/destroyed not supposed to factor into this? Given your ability to carry a grudge for 3 years, despite forming a coalition to curbstomp and collect the harshest reps ever from us once already, I'm quite surprised to see that comment. Do you expect the Pacific to act as the "better man" again?

We might have been able to do that for Karma, but doing it twice in a row is a teensy bit more difficult. It was already hard enough to swallow the sense of unfairness that the whole world got to carry a grudge against us [s]until we were rolled[/s] forever, but we had to "get over it", being held (and holding ourselves) to a different standard.

I'm good at swallowing, but I do not know the extent to which I would do so again. Especially given the completely unprovoked nature of this attack. I would not personally want to follow your example in carrying a grudge for 3 years, but I doubt I could be able to shake hands with MK without looking at their other hand for a dagger aimed at my back. You realise that your members spent most of the [i]24 hours before that DoW[/i] vehemently denying that MK was "chomping at the bit to kill NPO specifically" or ridiculing claims that the alliance is "somehow frothing at the mouth to kill NPO".

To be frank, we'd find it hard to believe MK will not hold on to a grudge for 4 years that they have held on to for 3. We'd find it hard to believe that after creating a coalition to roll us, and taking lead role in collecting reps from Karma, and not having "revenge" from that, that they would somehow get it just by direct engagement. We'd find it hard to believe that you will suddenly stop the policy of lying to our face about your intentions, whilst planning to crush us again and again. It might be possible to trust someone who acts against us for realipolitic reasons, it might be possible to trust someone who we've had beef with in the past - but someone who takes their hatred so far, and invents excuses just to perpetuate it - that is on a different level.

I don't like grudges, and I don't like the possibility that this will turn into our own grudge. But thankfully, your actions today eliminate the question completely: if you seek to destroy us, all we have to do is defend ourselves and retaliate. When our survival is in question, our feelings are irrelevant.

And such will lead to a cycle of violence, revenge and elimination of threats. A cycle that may end when MK gets its own Karma and ceases their attempts to destroy the order - perhaps learning a lesson in the process, like we did. Though, judging from your ability to hold a grudge, it may very well just redouble your efforts. It would certainly explain why you are so concerned with Pacifica potentially being a threat. Someone who has such a grudge-bearing personality may be unable to understand how the minds of less spiteful people work. Lack of understanding is the key to the paranoid behaviour that led to this assault.

Really, MK has no excuse for not having "buried the hatchet" already. Isn't turning former enemies into [s]puppets[/s] allies the "preferred" method of Archon anyways?

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296066880' post='2602942']
Is the fact that NPO might be slightly irritated over having been attacked out of the blue for the sole reason of it being damaged/destroyed not supposed to factor into this? Given your ability to carry a grudge for 3 years, despite forming a coalition to curbstomp and collect the harshest reps ever from us once already, I'm quite surprised to see that comment. Do you expect the Pacific to act as the "better man" again?

We might have been able to do that for Karma, but doing it twice in a row is a teensy bit more difficult. It was already hard enough to swallow the sense of unfairness that the whole world got to carry a grudge against us [s]until we were rolled[/s] forever, but we had to "get over it", being held (and holding ourselves) to a different standard.

I'm good at swallowing, but I do not know the extent to which I would do so again. Especially given the completely unprovoked nature of this attack. I would not personally want to follow your example in carrying a grudge for 3 years, but I doubt I could be able to shake hands with MK without looking at their other hand for a dagger aimed at my back. You realise that your members spent most of the [i]24 hours before that DoW[/i] vehemently denying that MK was "chomping at the bit to kill NPO specifically" or ridiculing claims that the alliance is "somehow frothing at the mouth to kill NPO".

To be frank, we'd find it hard to believe MK will not hold on to a grudge for 4 years that they have held on to for 3. We'd find it hard to believe that after creating a coalition to roll us, and taking lead role in collecting reps from Karma, and not having "revenge" from that, that they would somehow get it just by direct engagement. We'd find it hard to believe that you will suddenly stop the policy of lying to our face about your intentions, whilst planning to crush us again and again. It might be possible to trust someone who acts against us for realipolitic reasons, it might be possible to trust someone who we've had beef with in the past - but someone who takes their hatred so far, and invents excuses just to perpetuate it - that is on a different level.

I don't like grudges, and I don't like the possibility that this will turn into our own grudge. But thankfully, your actions today eliminate the question completely: if you seek to destroy us, all we have to do is defend ourselves and retaliate. When our survival is in question, our feelings are irrelevant.

And such will lead to a cycle of violence, revenge and elimination of threats. A cycle that may end when MK gets its own Karma and ceases their attempts to destroy the order - perhaps learning a lesson in the process, like we did. Though, judging from your ability to hold a grudge, it may very well just redouble your efforts. It would certainly explain why you are so concerned with Pacifica potentially being a threat. Someone who has such a grudge-bearing personality may be unable to understand how the minds of less spiteful people work. Lack of understanding is the key to the paranoid behaviour that led to this assault.

Really, MK has no excuse for not having "buried the hatchet" already. Isn't turning former enemies into [s]puppets[/s] allies the "preferred" method of Archon anyways?
[/quote]

Well, after this war you won't have much to get revenge with anyways so babyjesus is right in the spirit of things.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296067862' post='2602964']Well, after this war you won't have much to get revenge with anyways so babyjesus is right in the spirit of things.[/quote]
NPO will be fine.
But after the display of MK during this conflict, on all fronts, you may find out that you will not be fine for very long after this.

Also, I do not know if I told you this yet but: Thanks you MK. Thanks you very much.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296067862' post='2602964']
Well, after this war you won't have much to get revenge with anyways so babyjesus is right in the spirit of things.
[/quote]
It is amusing to see the arrogance of power displayed by those who claimed to be so much better than the old powers.

NPO will be fine, in the long term and your arrogance will eventually serve you with the same fate that NPO has already suffered.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296069427' post='2603043']
But after the display of MK during this conflict, on all fronts, you may find out that you will not be fine for very long after this.
[/quote]

Everything. Must. Die.

No exceptions ;3

[quote name='Willaim Kreiger' timestamp='1296070186' post='2603068']
You sound more and more like Josef Thorne every day.
[/quote]

Do you have any idea how hard I've worked for that distinction? I am soooo quoting you on that, dude.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296066880' post='2602942']

[/quote]

Right, because NPO wouldn't know anything about attacking people for no reason solely to destroy them.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1296064603' post='2602899']
<snip>
[/quote]

Fundamentally, your alliance supported their actions. Whether or not you "disagreed" with them is irrelevant. You supported such actions politically and militarily. Without support, alliances cannot accomplish objectives. Therefore, in providing the support you did, you allowed them to accomplish said objectives in question. To me, that's pretty damn near the definition of enabling.

[quote name='Janosik' timestamp='1296002032' post='2601333']
Old CN remembers getting rolled by NPO no matter which alliance they fled to. New CN thinks they're the martyrs. Good thing history backs up old CN, and naivete supports new CN.

*was in ONOS when they were attacked, viceroyed, and ultimately disbanded by NPO*

But keep on saying that MK is just as bad for preventing NPO from the same old same old, I enjoy reading fiction.
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1296003759' post='2601425']
I didn't know it was precedence to destroy alliances for being rude.
[/quote]

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1296005071' post='2601471']
So that's the CB now? Or is it still "we don't like you."? Just trying to clarify if there's any flip-flopping goin' on.
[/quote]

I'm sure a competant NPO lawyer could have stretched that into a CB back before the quality of their universities was diminished, but Doomhouse doesn't really need a "traditional" CB (someone had mentioned, a process by which NPO had previously made warring ANYONE ok) to fight NPO. They earned it.

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1296009439' post='2601621']
You know what you have a good point why bother talking with any member of GOONs you guys are horrendous aren't you the same alliance that cried for help from MK to fight FnKA and the ninjas because of your ineptitude then tried have those alliances sanctioned as rogues

If I want GOONs opinion I'll ask the MK guy with his hand up your @$$#%
[/quote]

UOKMB+Ninja's+FnKa was a pretty serious threat with something like a dozen nations around 100k strength. Any alliance would have called their allies in except maybe Umbrella; our allies didn't wait for the call and we somehow missed out on a few slots :|. Friendship is rare...and so on.

That being said, as a footsoldier of Doomhouse and only as that, I offer this:

While Doomhouse is being compared to NPO in this thread, there is something to consider. The way I understand NPO's entire basis of existence is to bring everything in this world to Order, and that only one alliance/mindset is capable of doing that. Or at least that's the cliff notes version, apparently it evolves from time to time. People spouting off that NPO has changed could not be more wrong; it is their way of life to follow this basic (they would say complex) line of thinking. So while Doomhouse strives against this and has made NPO their target, remember that NPO has a target on everyone else at all times, whether military or idealogical. And if you don't believe that look at the list of alliances they've tried to squash and destroy, and in some cases, to install a leader to bring them under control (see: GATO, etc). It is extremely long. It is full of once loyal allies. It even has their own brother on it.

Rail against Doomhouse all you want, but it's full of people who witnessed this first hand and who I don't believe will allow it to happen again.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296070740' post='2603081']
That being said, as a footsoldier of Doomhouse and only as that, I offer this:

While Doomhouse is being compared to NPO in this thread, there is something to consider. The way I understand NPO's entire basis of existence is to bring everything in this world to Order, and that only one alliance/mindset is capable of doing that. Or at least that's the cliff notes version, apparently it evolves from time to time. People spouting off that NPO has changed could not be more wrong; it is their way of life to follow this basic (they would say complex) line of thinking. So while Doomhouse strives against this and has made NPO their target, remember that NPO has a target on everyone else at all times, whether military or idealogical. And if you don't believe that look at the list of alliances they've tried to squash and destroy, and in some cases, to install a leader to bring them under control (see: GATO, etc). It is extremely long. It is full of once loyal allies. It even has their own brother on it.

Rail against Doomhouse all you want, but it's full of people who witnessed this first hand and who I don't believe will allow it to happen again.
[/quote]

so youre playing the good guys as world police just making sure they dont grab too much power.. wait is it just me or is it doomhouse/pb that has total power over the world now not NPO? i suppose its possible that while intending to do good you can do evil..

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1296070415' post='2603071']
Coming from someone in the Orders, that's a pretty big compliment right?
[/quote]
Because you were never a member of an Order, right? I seem to recall you being around for a while yourself. Seriously what does that even mean? I am a member of Polaris, and I have been for a while. Does that somehow automatically cast me as a Josef Thorne worshipping zombie? I can think for myself, thanks, just like anyone else. While on occasion Josef Thorne amused me, there were far many more instances where I just called him an !@#$%^& and moved on with my life.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1296070618' post='2603075']
Do you have any idea how hard I've worked for that distinction? I am soooo quoting you on that, dude.
[/quote]
Whatever floats your boat, dude.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1296055556' post='2602734']
2) you're rolling in with TOP, an alliance that enabled, condoned, or even instigated every single excess of hegemonic power in the past
[/quote]

Wait, what?

I'm no fan of TOP, in fact I am fairly filled with hatred for them on a personal level.

But even I can't agree on this notion. They may have been silent bystanders on a [b]few[/b] (no, not a sarcastic tone in that [b]few[/b]) occasions, but no, not instigators.

I feel dirty for defending TOP :gag:

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

[quote name='Willaim Kreiger' timestamp='1296071553' post='2603102']
Because you were never a member of an Order, right? I seem to recall you being around for a while yourself. Seriously what does that even mean? I am a member of Polaris, and I have been for a while. Does that somehow automatically cast me as a Josef Thorne worshipping zombie? I can think for myself, thanks, just like anyone else. While on occasion Josef Thorne amused me, there were far many more instances where I just called him an !@#$%^& and moved on with my life.
[/quote]

As someone who was part of the Orders for a time, I'm aware of the extent to which Josef Thorne was idolized by people both sides of the Orders for his ability to argue to the point of getting under his opponents skin and ultimately break them down. Anyone who knew Josef, or was a member of either Orders (particularly Pacifica) at the same time of him is going to take any comparison to him as a compliment (i.e. Pacifican heroes such as Tamerlane). By comparing him to Josef, you're only admitting how much Tamerlane is getting under your skin, and getting you all riled up.

"We must do everything in our power to prevent the New Pacific Order from being harmed." - Random Interrupt

"I'll sacrifice everything in order to ensure NPOs safety!" - Tygaland

........yeah that seems plausible.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1296072287' post='2603130']
"We must do everything in our power to prevent the New Pacific Order from being harmed." - Random Interrupt

[/quote]

So it was the cowardly lion, dorothy, the tin man, and the straw man that gallivanted across the land of Oz, right?

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1296072287' post='2603130']

[/quote]
Actually it is completely !@#$@#$ irrelevant.

Eve if NpO and STA were hell bent to protect Pacifica's pixels, in grand scheme of things wouldn't matter one single bit. Because there is still this conglomeration of alliances around MK that as well wouldn't then be in war, intact, and grossly bigger then anything NPO and its few other allies could muster.

And if so we would do our wicket ways again, they could still do exactly what they are doing now.

But this way, they have managed to settle their future destiny. Nothing what evil/devil NPO could do could ever come close to what they did to themselves by letting their nature show here. GG

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1296072252' post='2603129']
As someone who was part of the Orders for a time, I'm aware of the extent to which Josef Thorne was idolized by people both sides of the Orders for his ability to argue to the point of getting under his opponents skin and ultimately break them down. Anyone who knew Josef, or was a member of either Orders (particularly Pacifica) at the same time of him is going to take any comparison to him as a compliment (i.e. Pacifican heroes such as Tamerlane). By comparing him to Josef, you're only admitting how much Tamerlane is getting under your skin, and getting you all riled up.
[/quote]
Your analysis of my psyche is both deep, and factual. I was a member of an Order and from my perspective he didn't seem to be much more than a loose cannon but if you wish to idolize him that is your prerogative. You have obviously never seen someone get me "riled up".

But point taken, next time I wish to call someone an !@#$%^& for attempting to get under people's skin for no other reason except for their own amusement, I'll simply just go with the adjective rather than the reference to one of their old heroes.