FAN Announcement

mpol777

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1294985184' post='2574775']
Defending yourself ?, really a single person from a 13 man alliance spies on one of your nations and in order to defend yourselves you went all out ?, some how i do not think that will wash with anyone.

[b][i]there are many people spied on every day[/i][/b] and most people deal with the issue with diplomacy, I just hope that NOIR sees this as an attack on MFO and send FAN back to where they came.
[/quote]

The ONLY REASON bad people continue to spy on GOOD honest citizens every day is because they count on YOU to do nothing, they count on YOU to stand back and TALK. Is that what you wanted us to do? Give them a stern talking to? Send them a strongly worded letter that closes with "warmest regards"?

I think not.

Attack FAN and we will defend ourselves. If someone in your alliance attacks FAN then please come to us and lets discuss it, it wont be a big deal, but if you turn away we can only assume that it is because you condoned this act of unspeakable terrorism.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1294986398' post='2574809']
Thank god I'm not allied to cowards like you.
[/quote]
Um, neither me nor my alliance is allied to MFO. If my friends in Umbrella wanted to go to war with FAN I'd argue for us to be right there beside them, but frankely I don't have any power. Not that I really care about what FAN did to MFO, I just really like war.

At some point it will occur to some of you...individuals...subscribing to the idea that issues between two parties have to be talked to death before someone finally gets "permission" from the world community to actually do something about a transgression other than talk about it, that perhaps, just perhaps, you're doing it a bit wrong.

Good luck in your quest for justice, FAN.

That there are children in FAN cities wandering the streets without a firearm is entirely saddening, Surely every child has a right to possess the Fisher Price My First Handgunâ„¢ and it is quite salutatory for charitable FAN citizen to dedicate themselves to ending this plight.

For shame MFO :(

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1294986825' post='2574822']
At some point it will occur to some of you...individuals...subscribing to the idea that issues between two parties have to be talked to death before someone finally gets "permission" from the world community to actually do something about a transgression other than talk about it, that perhaps, just perhaps, you're doing it a bit wrong.

Good luck in your quest for justice, FAN.
[/quote]

I'm saving a whole bunch of quotes exactly like this for next time you people have an emotional meltdown in public over an incident. Please, all of you, keep them coming. It's gold.

Also, I really could care less about MFO, etc, so godspeed to FAN and whatnot.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1294987094' post='2574829']
I'm saving a whole bunch of quotes exactly like this for next time you people have an emotional meltdown in public over an incident. Please, all of you, keep them coming. It's gold.

[/quote]
You know who else saved a bunch of quotes from someone making a complete ass out of themselves ....
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/wickedj8/avatars/2zh0db7e.png[/IMG]

/me rubs stache and wishes FAN good hunting

Go get 'em, FAN.

I'm getting a kick out of this thread. I think people are finally starting to realize that the 'OH GOD DID YOU TRY DIPLOMACY FIRST????' thing is getting out of hand. FAN is taking the matter into their own hands, and they deserve an entire box of kudos.

[/quote]
What do you mean "you people"?

[/quote]

This post caused me to have an emotional meltdown in public.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1294986068' post='2574799']
If you honestly think that an alliance is going to face FAN's 3000 nukes for an ODP you're insane.
[/quote]

It is not our intention to draw other participants into this action nor to conduct some long drawn out beat down on unwitting accomplices within MFO.

I would be greatly saddened if it turns out that MFO has had secret accomplices all along in this wanton act of unprovoked aggression against the peaceful bucolic nations of FAN. If that proves to be the case then you can be assured that we will expand the defense of our homeland accordingly.

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294986404' post='2574810']
People forget that this wouldn't be an issue if MFO didn't spy to begin with. Should FAN have tried diplomacy? Well, heh, should MFO have spied and not sent a rep to FAN to try and explain the situation? [/quote]

I see unimpeachable evidence that one nation carried out a spy attack. I have seen nothing to even suggest that MFO endorsed or encouraged it, however.

It's not all that hard to arrange for a single nation to commit an act of war under the flag of any alliance against any other alliance. It is the custom to respond to rogue attacks with a *narrow* military response - NOT a blitz on the entire originating alliance, and to allow diplomacy a chance to work, for a reason. The alternative is that every alliance can find itself at war at any moment, with no warning, because of a single rogue attack (whether the work of foreign agents or not) that they did nothing to encourage and could not possibly have stopped.

I've always been fond of FAN, and the "Guns for Tots" program is truly praiseworthy. But blitzing an entire alliance over a rogue attack without even giving them a chance to deal with it? That is a precedent in no ones interest.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1294987582' post='2574837']
I see unimpeachable evidence that one nation carried out a spy attack. I have seen nothing to even suggest that MFO endorsed or encouraged it, however.

It's not all that hard to arrange for a single nation to commit an act of war under the flag of any alliance against any other alliance. It is the custom to respond to rogue attacks with a *narrow* military response - NOT a blitz on the entire originating alliance, and to allow diplomacy a chance to work, for a reason. The alternative is that every alliance can find itself at war at any moment, with no warning, because of a single rogue attack (whether the work of foreign agents or not) that they did nothing to encourage and could not possibly have stopped.

I've always been fond of FAN, and the "Guns for Tots" program is truly praiseworthy. But blitzing an entire alliance over a rogue attack without even giving them a chance to deal with it? That is a precedent in no ones interest.
[/quote]

Well it seems this new FAN Doctrine has started a new custom :nuke:

[/quote]

The last time we were hit with a "rogue" attack and tried to respond diplomatically, we were hunted for months on end with the goal of attempted genocide. Not once, but TWICE.

Please don't try and lecture us about the appropriate response to unprovoked aggression. FAN has already paid the teacher for that knowledge in our blood.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1294986784' post='2574821']
Um, neither me nor my alliance is allied to MFO. If my friends in Umbrella wanted to go to war with FAN I'd argue for us to be right there beside them, but frankely I don't have any power. Not that I really care about what FAN did to MFO, I just really like war.
[/quote]

It wasn`t your lack of a treaty with MFO I was pointing out; it was your standard of sticking to a treaty based on the opposition you`re facing. You're a coward, you just haven't had the chance to show the world yet.

I'm saving a whole bunch of quotes exactly like this for next time you people have an emotional meltdown in public over an incident. Please, all of you, keep them coming. It's gold. Also, I really could care less about MFO, etc, so godspeed to FAN and whatnot.
[/quote]

No !@#$, eh? The level of hypocrisy here is unreal.

[/quote]

So? Nobody has to follow customs if they don't want to.

[/quote]

I'll do you one better, sweetheart.

[quote name='He Who Has No Name' timestamp='1294987867' post='2574842']
The last time we were hit with a "rogue" attack and tried to respond diplomatically, we were hunted for months on end with the goal of attempted genocide. Not once, but TWICE.

Please don't try and lecture us about the appropriate response to unprovoked aggression. FAN has already paid the teacher for that knowledge in our blood.
[/quote]

I was gonna make a quip about you being brainwashed into believing some revised version of history but that would imply the presence of a central nervous system.

[/quote]

Ah, the "precedent" has already been set, lo many moons ago. You phail CN History for Remedial Students 101 or something? Or did you miss the Short Bus in creating your post?