iFOK treaty cancellation

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]Buscemi's guide to treaty cancellation thread posting[/i]

Are you directly allied to or allied to allies of the OP? [b]If yes[/b], then post "Good move [OP's alliance]. o7 [OP's alliance]"

[b]If you answered no[/b], then you must be directly allied to or allied to allies of [alliance cancelled on]. Post, "[alliance cancelled on] is better off with you [OP's alliance]." You can also spice things up by adding, "[OP's alliance] won't honor a treaty anyway." or "[OP's alliance] blitz sucked."

There, now I've written your post for you. Have a nice day.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1294738154' post='2571869']

Are you directly allied to or allied to allies of the OP? [b]If yes[/b], then post "Good move [OP's alliance]. o7 [OP's alliance]"

[b]If you answered no[/b], then you must be directly allied to or allied to allies of [alliance cancelled on]. Post, "[alliance cancelled on] is better off with you [OP's alliance]." You can also spice things up by adding, "[OP's alliance] won't honor a treaty anyway." or "[OP's alliance] blitz sucked."

[/quote]

Why didn't you post this sooner? I wrote that wall of text for nothing? :mad:

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1294738775' post='2571874']
Why didn't you post this sooner? I wrote that wall of text for nothing? :mad:
[/quote]
I was too busy trying to figure out how to get out of bill-lock. I destroyed all my wonders to decrease bills. What a game loophole!

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[/quote]

You forgot about disinterested 3rd party which would be something along the lines of *points and laughs and insults both alliances*.

Or "good luck to both parties" even though it is a disinterested third party.

Being the disinterested party I am - good luck to both of you.

This is for the best for both parties, iFOK you're better off without them, NEW I'm sure you will lament the loss of such a steadfast ally, this treaty wasn't worth the paper it was written on, rah rah rah rah rah arexes posts tl;dr wall of text, everybody wins!

Good thread.

[/quote]
You just robbed that from the DoW propaganda chart

[quote name='Iosif' timestamp='1294758512' post='2571984']
been there, done that, posted this announcement
[/quote]
I was allied to them a lot longer than you and I consider them one of the best allies I've had. Guess different folks look for different things in allies.

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1294774965' post='2572143']
I was allied to them a lot longer than you and I consider them one of the best allies I've had. Guess different folks look for different things in allies.
[/quote]

They dropped you for the same reason as we're dropping them, so I guess that's true.

[/quote]
I guess so. Now give it a rest, everyone expected this, so why is everyone behaving so surprised?

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1294775263' post='2572150']
I guess so. Now give it a rest, everyone expected this, so why is everyone behaving so surprised?
[/quote]

It's a case of the beating husband still loving his ex. It appears TPF want NEW back. Perhaps NEW should get a restraining order against TPF.

[/quote]
Hey, it might be a surprise to you, but being good allies is about more than always wanting to fight for your allies. It's also about not bringing your allies in a tough position for stupid reasons for example.

[quote name='ArneS' timestamp='1294777884' post='2572206']
Hey, it might be a surprise to you, but being good allies is about more than always wanting to fight for your allies. It's also about not bringing your allies in a tough position for stupid reasons for example.
[/quote]
Certainly true. You get different strengths and weaknesses from different alliances you ally with. NEW aren't perfect, but I always liked them a lot as an ally, as they'd go through a brick wall for you without blinking, something far too few alliances would do.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1294771950' post='2572101']
You just robbed that from the DoW propaganda chart
[/quote]
Doesn't make it any less true. If you're allied to iFOK, you aren't going to troll them. If you aren't allied to iFOK, you are going to troll them. This thread is therefor pointless, because we already know what everyone is going to say.

[quote name='watchman' timestamp='1294711939' post='2571602']
iFok math is interesting

mutual defense = optional defense

Yeah, cancellation is clearly better.
[/quote]
Excellent description of iFOK's policy. I think you forgot the part where NEW attacked a protected AA with no reason. But other than that, very accurate.