iFOK treaty cancellation

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1294623073' post='2570528']
We knew NEW a few years already when they contacted us for a treaty. We had long talks with their MoFA. He wanted to sign treaties with Fark and SLCB, too. After we had signed our treaty, the guy gave up his MoFA position and that meant a change in FA course for NEW. Without a strong MoFA, their MoD became more powerful and he was more interested in casualties than in politics. I don't blame them for that, because every alliance should do whatever makes them happy.

In our case it meant that NEW attacked DF, an alliance they had wanted to attack fo years now, without considering the consequences. That it meant that iFOK would be faced with a war between two allies didn't really seem to matter. They weren't interested in solutions for this situation and their leaders started to ignore us. After the war we talked about it a lot with the new MoFA and they still think they had every right to attack DF. That's fine, but if they want to follow that road in the future, we can't be with them on their journey.
[/quote]

So what you are saying is you didn't really know them at all...knew of them, but didn't know them. Gantanx, their MoD was a founding member of NEW, he will always have sway with that alliance as long as he is in there. NEW has always been about casualties and not about politics. If you kNEW them you would know that.

They haven't changed the way they have acted since they formed, and I wouldn't expect them to change now.

Good Luck NEW...Your fortunes are already looking better. :D

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1294623359' post='2570537']
It's funny seeing people trying to bash iFOK while ignoring the incredibly @#$*(& position NEW put them in.
[/quote]

yeah but you know, like, honour, man

[quote name='Iosif' timestamp='1294623023' post='2570523']
Okay I was making an actual response to your former posts but then I saw this and I honestly don't bother at this point, I know you're too deep in your belief of "RAH IFOK SUCKS" to actually listen anyone anymore.

have fun in the imaginationland
[/quote]

It's probably just easier to ignore isn't it? Seeing how much of Pandora's Box cheered on NEW to only say they were awful allies who needed to be dropped. Keep working towards that goal though, just now you'll be forced to do it without NEW. Something tells me it won't be much of a blow to your cause though.

[quote name='Dingo' timestamp='1294623042' post='2570526']
I'm waiting for you to declare on your ally for NEW's defence.
[/quote]

i heard you were allied to everyone who declared on NEW :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least you guys didnt reneg on your offer to declare on any bandwagoners when FARK was a day away from calling in all alies.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1294623417' post='2570539']
So what you are saying is you didn't really know them at all...knew of them, but didn't know them. Gantanx, their MoD was a founding member of NEW, he will always have sway with that alliance as long as he is in there. NEW has always been about casualties and not about politics. If you [b]kNEW[/b] them you would know that.

They haven't changed the way they have acted since they formed, and I wouldn't expect them to change now.

Good Luck NEW...Your fortunes are already looking better. :D
[/quote]

bolded part: gahhhhh no

Also, I think we pretty much had established in this very thread that we made a mistake with the treaty. Some could even say the treaty was kind of rushed. !@#$ like that happens, and when it does, it gets fixed.

Hence this thread.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1294623417' post='2570539']
So what you are saying is you didn't really know them at all...knew of them, but didn't know them. Gantanx, their MoD was a founding member of NEW, he will always have sway with that alliance as long as he is in there. NEW has always been about casualties and not about politics. If you kNEW them you would know that.

[/quote]

Oh, we know they like a good fight. That's why we grew fond of them in the first place. We didn't expect them to attack alliances just because they felt like it. This wouldn't have been a big problem if a) they wouldn't have started a war with one of our other allies and b) they had let us help them solve the problem that arose.

They should do whatever they want to do, we're not here to spoil their fun. But we're also free to decide that they should do that then without us.

ITT: iFOK, incapable of admitting they are at fault, resort to two year old lolptional jokes to try and deflect criticisms. Just man the $%&@ up and admit you're at fault. Considering you're an alliance who hasn't been relevant since Stickmen tried to cause a fuss on purple I shouldn't be surprised, but still.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1294623726' post='2570546']
And yet the cancellation is on NEW..
[/quote]

1) because Fark was actually being kind of reasonable during all this and showed some kind of compability with us
2) because Fark was not the aggressor here and thus didn't put in this position
3) because our relationship with Fark is actually functioning

None of these three points apply to NEW, so I'd say it was kind of easy to make the pick here.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1294623800' post='2570550']
[b]Oh, we know they like a good fight.[/b] That's why we grew fond of them in the first place. We didn't expect them to attack alliances just because they felt like it. This wouldn't have been a big problem if a) they wouldn't have started a war with one of our other allies and b) they had let us help them solve the problem that arose.

They should do whatever they want to do, we're not here to spoil their fun. But we're also free to decide that they should do that then without us.
[/quote]

Then why did you ally to them to begin with? Yes I know the whole, "Yes the treat was a mistake!" but there is a different between an alliance that likes a good fight and an alliance that's just looking for that one curbstomp.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1294623876' post='2570553']
What's your point?
[/quote]

I have no point. Your ally declared war on your ally so you canceled your treaty with your ally.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirRY/Sp_3nME9y0I/AAAAAAAACkc/j0YBZw1s5vg/s400/brilliant_medium.jpg[/img]

I know this isn't going to change anything, but iFOK was put in a bad position where two of its allies were fighting, FARK and NEW. They decided to stay out of it, but of course the PB-bashers get mad because it means they missed out on curbstomping two, maybe more, PB alliances. After the war is resolved, they decide to drop the alliance that sparked the conflict in the first place, NEW. Having experience with allies fighting allies, I completely agree with what iFOK did.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294623948' post='2570556']
Then why did you ally to them to begin with? Yes I know the whole, "Yes the treat was a mistake!" but there is a different between an alliance that likes a good fight and an alliance that's just looking for that one curbstomp.
[/quote]

I don't think the treaty was a mistake. I was really looking forward to fighting side by side one day with NEW. I didn't expect them to attack a protectorate of my other ally without a CB, though. No one can look into the future, we can only look at their track record and they hadn't done something like this before. Mistakes are made all the time, but when you refuse to even listen to your treaty partner, it's time to evaluate the treaty.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1294623823' post='2570551']
ITT: iFOK, incapable of admitting they are at fault, resort to two year old lolptional jokes to try and deflect criticisms. Just man the $%&@ up and admit you're at fault. Considering you're an alliance who hasn't been relevant since Stickmen tried to cause a fuss on purple I shouldn't be surprised, but still.
[/quote]

ITT: random people with no actual clue about what's going on coming to share some truth about things in general without caring to actually elaborate further and then throwing in couple of completely irrelevant points about nothing

Loloptional jokes are stupid and serve no point whatsoever anywhere, agreed, but unfortunately I fail to see how "HEY HAHA YOU'RE NOT RELEVANT, I AM" is any different.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1294624191' post='2570562']
I know this isn't going to change anything, but iFOK was put in a bad position where two of its allies were fighting, FARK and NEW. They decided to stay out of it, but of course the PB-bashers get mad because it means they missed out on curbstomping two, maybe more, PB alliances. After the war is resolved, they decide to drop the alliance that sparked the conflict in the first place, NEW. Having experience with allies fighting allies, I completely agree with what iFOK did.
[/quote]

Had only iFOK and PC went in no one would expect PB to enter, the fact that you're admitting you'd of been forced to enter and were grateful iFOK/PC didn't just shows how guilty you all must feel about this. Well not guilty but let's just say relieved.

PB has to save its strength for that something special!

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294623948' post='2570556']
[/quote]
Maybe they allied them because they thought they were better and more compatible than the showing that NEW made in this situation?

Also this was a curbstomp as well, just that NEW was on the wrong side of it. One that NEW had every opportunity to easily avoid, and that NEW insisted on pressing. There's a big difference between defending an ally who is in the right or just made a mistake and following someone into a curbstomp that is happening for no good reason.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1294624505' post='2570571']
Had only iFOK and PC went in no one would expect PB to enter, the fact that you're admitting you'd of been forced to enter and were grateful iFOK/PC didn't just shows how guilty you all must feel about this. Well not guilty but let's just say relieved.

PB has to save its strength for that something special!
[/quote]
Reread what he said. He said they missed a chance to curbstomp two PB alliances. iFOK and PC would be two PB alliances.

[quote name='Iosif' timestamp='1294624422' post='2570570']
ITT: random people with no actual clue about what's going on coming to share some truth about things in general without caring to actually elaborate further and then throwing in couple of completely irrelevant points about nothing

Loloptional jokes are stupid and serve no point whatsoever anywhere, agreed, but unfortunately I fail to see how "HEY HAHA YOU'RE NOT RELEVANT, I AM" is any different.
[/quote]
I have no idea what i'm saying? That's odd, because I was commenting on some iFOK members's rather pathetic attempt to deflect, something which you have yet again demonstrated in this post i'm quoting.

The "you don't understand me or my alliance" teen tantrum defence has never been particularly effective when the events have been blasted all over the OWF either.