Iron Curtain Announcement

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293415810' post='2554867']
While I'm not privy to their inner workings; Blocs work in such a way that everyone in said bloc has to be fully committed to the Bloc, and in a sense put the Bloc above the rest. When NATO declared neutrality in the NEW-DF war, albeit the correct course of action, and FEAR declared war in defense of their ally, a weakness was exposed in the bloc. Not only ideological but commitment wise - "If TFD gets hit, we go in" (NATO) or something along those lines. That showed that TFD > IC for NATO, and thus making the bloc irrelevant tbh.

So yeah, anyone with a brain saw this coming. A disunited Bloc is no Bloc at all. Trust me, I've been part of blocs that have crumbled: Agora, 1V, Continuum, TRC. Time and time again it was because of overall disunity.

Am I close? :ph34r:
[/quote]

Kind of. While the actions from NATO and FEAR in the war may have sped it up, the bloc was disunited already and there were talks of cancelling it before the war. If the war had never happened, the bloc would have been cancelled before the end of January anyway.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293415810' post='2554867']
While I'm not privy to their inner workings; Blocs work in such a way that everyone in said bloc has to be fully committed to the Bloc, and in a sense put the Bloc above the rest. When NATO declared neutrality in the NEW-DF war, albeit the correct course of action, and FEAR declared war in defense of their ally, a weakness was exposed in the bloc. Not only ideological but commitment wise - "If TFD gets hit, we go in" (NATO) or something along those lines. That showed that TFD > IC for NATO, and thus making the bloc irrelevant tbh.

So yeah, anyone with a brain saw this coming. A disunited Bloc is no Bloc at all. Trust me, I've been part of blocs that have crumbled: Agora, 1V, Continuum, TRC. Time and time again it was because of overall disunity.

Am I close? :ph34r:
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct and know what you're talking about. The only reserve I would add is that it's always been clear for everyone that our treaty with TFD "supersedes all others". This weakness has always been there and reflected the defense level of the bloc (non-chaining MDoAP). The differences in opinion during the last war made us recognize our particularities and led to the dissolvment. You're right, disunity kills.
Good luck to the former signatories :)

Best of luck to our friends. Don't worry we'll still be keeping touch. :)

o/ FEAR
o/ Hydra
o/ NATO
o/ Iron Curtain

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1293413446' post='2554826']
[font="Georgia"]Never really did anything anyway.

Good riddance.[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ahhh still staying classy Mathias even with your stupid Georgia font.[/font]

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293423706' post='2554980']
:ph34r:

Congrats, NATO & FEAR.

I never saw how this bloc helped you guys in any way except bring you trouble. Some things are for the best.

o/

Confusion.
[/quote]

Err, to be fair, the IC never fought together as a group and each alliance never brought the other into war (whether it was NSO during 6 mil or FEAR during this NEW war), so I don't really see all the 'trouble' it caused. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

And yes, this is truly a sad but necessary announcement. I wish FEAR and NATO the best of luck, and of course we continue to be treatied to Hydra.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1293425526' post='2555004']
Err, to be fair, the IC never fought together as a group and each alliance never brought the other into war (whether it was NSO during 6 mil or FEAR during this NEW war), so I don't really see all the 'trouble' it caused. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

And yes, this is truly a sad but necessary announcement. I wish FEAR and NATO the best of luck, and of course we continue to be treatied to Hydra.
[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAH facts? Thats a good one. :lol1:

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1293413276' post='2554821']
I am starting to experience a bizarre sensation of deja vu. As if this sort of thing has happened before with blocs and NSO, multiple times even.
[/quote]

What ever could you be referring to..

Oh well, it's great potential for entertainment was killed by just about everyone in this silly, peace stricken, kumbaya, lubby dubby get-a-long land of marshmallows and fluffernutter flavored daffodils.