An Imperial Decree

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293064020' post='2550675']
Then next time don't come and announce and try to get hero worship here by making these Imperial Decrees.

[/quote]

We posted it so our allies wouldn't be called cowards as NEW's were by some of the denser readers that frequent this international lectern.

It didn't work.

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293064169' post='2550680']
Would you rather we stay in the shadows like the, "NEW told iFOK/PC not to enter the war" talks that have yet to be confirmed or denied by NEW?
[/quote]
I would rather you and NEW go about activating treaties and use them to defend yourselves properly. Have your allies stick with you or ditch them. Getting solo beat downs will never win wars.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293064288' post='2550685']
I would rather you and NEW go about activating treaties and use them to defend yourselves properly. Have your allies stick with you or ditch them. Getting solo beat downs will never win wars.
[/quote]

Winning is boring. Fire is fun. But that isn't an official Europa policy. I just LOVE getting ZI'd.

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1293064185' post='2550681']
Why do you care how they run their alliance or how they deal with their wars and allies

Knowing your rep you would be better off worrying about your own alliance
[/quote]
They made a public announcement so anyone is free to post questions. Don't want to answer questions then simply do not reply to posts after making the decree or don't post a decree at all.

Next time I make a public announcement you are more than welcome to ask me questions.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293064509' post='2550691']
They made a public announcement so anyone is free to post questions. Don't want to answer questions then simply do not reply to posts after making the decree or don't post a decree at all.

Next time I make a public announcement you are more than welcome to ask me questions.
[/quote]

No that's ok you really don't say anything important you prefer to troll instead so kudos to you on that

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1293056878' post='2550513']
Ok, just so I don't misunderstand you, at any time Europa can go "hey guys, let's peace" and you'll all be like "ok cool, peace offers sent". Right?
[/quote]
If Europa decides to surrender and leaves the war we will let them go with White Peace...so yes.

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1293056924' post='2550515']
Mind if I ask where you got this information? I'm especially curious considering you are not a government member (according to CN Wiki), and thus cannot speak for your alliance (let alone the other 4 involved), and its quite different from what I've been seeing, especially from Sparta.
[/quote]
I am a government member. I will not speak for other alliances though, so if you want official statements from them - ask them.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293062759' post='2550639']
Idiocy would be getting our allies pounded in a war they had nothing to do with, and still have nothing to do with. They wouldn't be defending us, they'd be defending NEW's stance, and that's something we won't force them into.

Idiocy would be pissing away our friends when we're gonna need a lot of help to rebuild once this thing is over.

Sorry we gave you all blueballs. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img] u mad.
[/quote]

Blueballs? I'm pretty sure my AA is several links and about 5 AA's from entering away at the minimum. Hardly a chance we get involved in this war. On the flip side, why have an MDP if it's not actually an MDP? Why wouldn't you just make it a oMDP?

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293063746' post='2550670']
Meh. It's something to do.

This is not as serious business as you think it is.

You should get a hobby to relieve your stress.

I hear Tai-Chi is good.
[/quote]

I have hobbies. That I can assure you of. I'm cooking dinner right now as a matter of fact. I like to cook. I'm more wound up about you having an MDP on paper but not actually having one. What's the point of it then?

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1293064087' post='2550677']
Either tell me where he said that or stop trying to twist his words

Are you really trying the "so what you are saying is......." bit

I think the world moved past that about two years ago

Really it's the worst argument since no u
[/quote]

Him: Safety of his allies is his main concern.
Me: So you're getting beat and your allies aren't doing anything.
Him: Our allies and us have the same attitude.
Me: So you are saying that your allies just let you get beat down without doing anything about it, and you would do the same to them?

Where's the disconnect?

So what you are saying has to at least be better than "Come at me bro, seriously." ;)

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293065093' post='2550709']
Blueballs? I'm pretty sure my AA is several links and about 5 AA's from entering away at the minimum. Hardly a chance we get involved in this war. On the flip side, why have an MDP if it's not actually an MDP? Why wouldn't you just make it a oMDP?

I have hobbies. That I can assure you of. I'm cooking dinner right now as a matter of fact. I like to cook. I'm more wound up about you having an MDP on paper but not actually having one. What's the point of it then?

Me: So you are saying that your allies just let you get beat down without doing anything about it, and you would do the same to them?

Where's the disconnect?

So what you are saying has to at least be better than "Come at me bro, seriously." ;)
[/quote]

Why you mad, though?

Tai-Chi, man. Tai-Chi. :smug:

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293065474' post='2550720']
Why you mad, though?

Tai-Chi, man. Tai-Chi. :smug:
[/quote]
I'm not mad. I guess you didn't read this the first time:

[quote name='bcortell']I'm more wound up about you having an MDP on paper but not actually having one. What's the point of it then?[/quote]

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293065093' post='2550709']

Where's the disconnect?

[/quote]

The disconnect I guess is when you put words in his mouth

But I give you come at me bro, seriously is moving up that list with a bullet

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293065611' post='2550726']
I'm not mad. I guess you didn't read this the first time:
[/quote]

We did it just the annoy you. That was the whole purpose of this thread.

Also, it's been stated time and time again in this thread. These treaties are non-chaining/had opt-out clauses. And we feel that this situation doesn't need to escalate any further because of the grounds that it was started.

Edited by TheFlyingLobster

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1293065639' post='2550727']
The disconnect I guess is when you put words in his mouth

[/quote]
Right.. thanks for pointing that out. :blink:

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293065657' post='2550728']
We did it just the annoy you. That was the whole purpose of this thread.

Also, it's been stated time and time again in this thread. These treaties are non-chaining/had opt-out clauses. And we feel that this situation doesn't need to escalate any further because of the grounds that it was started.
[/quote]
Why not just make them oMDP's? That seems to be exactly what they are then.

(I'll admit, I didn't read most of this thread- and didn't care to. So, maybe some of the technical stuff was covered beforehand. But still, you have oMDP's disguised as MDP's or at least that's what it seems to me.)

Edited by bcortell

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1293064877' post='2550702']
If Europa decides to surrender and leaves the war we will let them go with White Peace...so yes.
[/quote]
And you know this as... what? A gov member? Someone in the war planning group?
You can speak for everyone at war with Europa?

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293066080' post='2550738']Why not just make them oMDP's? That seems to be exactly what they are then.

(I'll admit, I didn't read most of this thread- and didn't care to. So, maybe some of the technical stuff was covered beforehand. But still, you have oMDP's disguised as MDP's or at least that's what it seems to me.)[/quote]
Not really. If Europa had [b]wanted[/b] to be defended and the MDPs/MDoAPs were chaining, then their allies would be very much obliged to defend them.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293068236' post='2550784']
Not really. If Europa had [b]wanted[/b] to be defended and the MDPs/MDoAPs were chaining, then their allies would be very much obliged to defend them.
[/quote]

Wolfpack HAS to defend them. It's an MADP.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mutual_Aggression_and_Defense_Pact

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068157' post='2550781']
Can someone tell me where in an MADP treaty there is an opt out clause?
[/quote]
Article II: Warfare

An attack on one signatory is considered an attack on all others and shall be met with proper retaliation. However, a signatory may refrain from defensive warfare with the consent of the remaining signatories.

An aggressive war cannot be declared by any one signatory without unanimous approval by all signatories. Once an aggressive war has been approved and declared, all signatories are required to participate. [i][u][b]However, a signatory may refrain from engaging in aggressive acts with the consent of all remaining signatories.[/b][/u][/i]

Note on “chaining”: The contents of this article apply in all circumstances, regardless of aggressive acts based on outside treaties.