An Imperial Decree

god i hate treaties....

Can we *PLEASE* stop this e-lawyer !@#$%^&*? im looking at you PC and iFOK as well.. lets everyone grow a pair(I hear Red of Pacifica can lend you some if need be) and blow up every damn thing..your allies, my allies...

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.....

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1293052682' post='2550380']
That makes sense from Europa's standpoint but not their allies. As I previously mentioned, there's nothing holding them back from pursuing this if they really want to. Europa just made it 'okay' for them to stand down. Meaning, if they don't declare war, [b]it's because they don't want to.[/b]
Even in the face of overwhelming odds. I don't like the ploy of drawing out Sparta's allies at all, but if you're not going to honor an MDP in the face of utter defeat, the treaty is worthless. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=21185
[/quote]

Once the quarterback has been sacked it doesn't do any good for both sides to keep piling on top of him.

Anyway, as Che pointed out earlier in this thread, there is an opt-out clause and our allies are being asked to honor it.

Edited by socratic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293052952' post='2550391']
I think you overestimate how much we care about proper grammar. You also underestimate how little this will change our ways.
[/quote]

Perhaps. :P But hey, you prevented a stupid war from snowballing.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1293052869' post='2550387']
The iFOK and PC announcement says right in the OP that NEW asked them to stay out.
[/quote]
A statement which NEW has yet to confirm. Europa's statement is them speaking for themselves.

Still this is really an irrelevant sidetrack; what we're talking about here is Europa, not NEW, iFOK or PC.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1293052884' post='2550388']
Two better choices of words here:

1. "Underestimate how little"
2. "Overestimate how much"

But I will say, I admire your stance here. o/ Europa
[/quote]

I actually kept saying "Misunderestimate" and it took me a few tries to speak somewhat legitimate words. I am not cromulent with the English language.

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293053067' post='2550396']
I actually kept saying "Misunderestimate" and it took me a few tries to speak somewhat legitimate words. I am not cromulent with the English language.
[/quote]

Fair play.

OOC: I would agree with WickedJ from a strictly OOC perspective, but I have a feeling we might have [i]another[/i] opportunity not too far off. ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293053037' post='2550395']
A statement which NEW has yet to confirm. Europa's statement is them speaking for themselves.
[/quote]
What I was refuting is that there was a time when people didn't know about the [i]possibility[/i] of NEW having asked them to stay out.

[quote]
Still this is really an irrelevant sidetrack; what we're talking about here is Europa, not NEW, iFOK or PC.
[/quote]
It's only mostly irrelevant; the whole "asking allies to stay out of war" is a very thin gossamer strand, but it's there nonetheless.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1293053033' post='2550394']
Perhaps. :P But hey, you prevented a stupid war from snowballing.
[/quote]
Careful what you say, there's still three other combatants here that haven't made this request, and one of them has a fairly potent treaty chain (and its not FEAR).

[quote name='Trouble Terrible' timestamp='1293050374' post='2550297']
Waiting to see all the people who called iFok and Poison Clan cowards hail this announcement.
[/quote]
o/ Europa, you are a classy group.

Boo to cowards.

LOL to all the people butt hurt at the hurt feelings of their friends :lol1:

Edited by Alterego

/me rubs his stache

Sonofa-

Yeah, Merry Christmas everyone.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1293050679' post='2550307']
UBD, Invicta, Wolfpack

You won't attack. No balls
[/quote]

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A STACHE

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1293053015' post='2550392']
god i hate treaties....

Can we *PLEASE* stop this e-lawyer !@#$%^&*? im looking at you PC and iFOK as well.. lets everyone grow a pair(I hear Red of Pacifica can lend you some if need be) and blow up every damn thing..your allies, my allies...

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.....
[/quote]

some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever JUST BECAUSE

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1293053209' post='2550401']
Fair play.

OOC: I would agree with WickedJ from a strictly OOC perspective, but I have a feeling we might have [i]another[/i] opportunity not too far off. ;)
[/quote]
Just think of how awesome it would be to FINALLY have no damn clue whats going to happen once war breaks out....and the causalties

Atleast i get to buy my first wonder in over a year when this "war" ends

The fact that you are requesting your allies refrain from entering the conflict:
[ ] means they are cowards (check this box if alliance in question is on the other side)
[ ] is an honorable move (check this box if alliance in question is on your side)

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293053602' post='2550415']
The fact that you are requesting your allies refrain from entering the conflict:
[ ] means they are cowards (check this box if alliance in question is on the other side)
[ ] is an honorable move (check this box if alliance in question is on your side)
[/quote]
i dont know which to pick. can i check both?

[/quote]

^ This pretty much sums it up

Right now in their sekret labs the engineering dept of the hegemony blob is working on a way to make this war leapfrog another ring after it stalled. They managed to engineer the reversal of direction at the small price of the reputation of IFOK & PC. What will they dream up next to try and legitimise a war against those outside the blob? Stay tuned CNers

[/quote]

Do you like me?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Alterego, please stop with that particular nonsensical rant. If PB wanted to make it into a global war then we'd just have rolled in behind NEW in the first place. It is people not associated with PB who are trying their hardest to provoke a full scale world war out of this incident, and if we end up dragged into it, it will be with the utmost reluctance (and I would say that applies to most of PB).

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' timestamp='1293053067' post='2550396']
[/quote]

I like you.

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1293053505' post='2550413']
Apparently we're important now.
[/quote]

See above.

Very honorable stance Europa, while I think FEAR was silly for escalating this in the first place, you did right by your allies.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1293051667' post='2550338']
I look forward at all the people who blasted iFOK and PC to blast Europa.

I mean, that'll happen, right?

...right?
[/quote]

Eww, thankfully I refrained from bashing PC/iFok in the first thread B-).

Edited by iamthey