An Imperial Decree

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068306' post='2550785']
Wolfpack HAS to defend them. It's an MADP.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mutual_Aggression_and_Defense_Pact
[/quote]

I haven't read Blood for friends lately but I'm pretty sure there is a loophole there.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JonathanB' timestamp='1293068389' post='2550788']
Article II: Warfare

An attack on one signatory is considered an attack on all others and shall be met with proper retaliation. However, a signatory may refrain from defensive warfare with the consent of the remaining signatories.

An aggressive war cannot be declared by any one signatory without unanimous approval by all signatories. Once an aggressive war has been approved and declared, all signatories are required to participate. [i][u][b]However, a signatory may refrain from engaging in aggressive acts with the consent of all remaining signatories.[/b][/u][/i]

Note on “chaining”: The contents of this article apply in all circumstances, regardless of aggressive acts based on outside treaties.
[/quote]

That is not an MDAP then. That is an MoDoAP. Don't put lipstick on a pig and call it a lady because it aint. With a MDAP you are irrevocably tied to your ally whether you like it our not. There are no non-chaining clauses in an MADP.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='JonathanB' timestamp='1293068389' post='2550788']
Article II: Warfare

An attack on one signatory is considered an attack on all others and shall be met with proper retaliation. However, a signatory may refrain from defensive warfare with the consent of the remaining signatories.

An aggressive war cannot be declared by any one signatory without unanimous approval by all signatories. Once an aggressive war has been approved and declared, all signatories are required to participate. [i][u][b]However, a signatory may refrain from engaging in aggressive acts with the consent of all remaining signatories.[/b][/u][/i]

Note on "chaining": The contents of this article apply in all circumstances, regardless of aggressive acts based on outside treaties.
[/quote]

I'm going to start charging people to post that section of the charter. I think this makes four times in this thread.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068306' post='2550785']
Wolfpack HAS to defend them. It's an MADP.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mutual_Aggression_and_Defense_Pact
[/quote]
From the text of the Blood For Friends MADP bloc:
[quote]Article II: Warfare

An attack on one signatory is considered an attack on all others and shall be met with proper retaliation. [b]However, a signatory may refrain from defensive warfare with the consent of the remaining signatories.[/b][/quote]

Since Europa has consented to Wolfpack not coming in, assuming FEAR feels the same way they are not required to defend them as part of this treaty.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068446' post='2550793']
That is not an MDAP then. That is an MoDoAP. Don't put lipstick on a pig and call it a lady because it aint. With a MDAP you are irrevocably tied to your ally whether you like it our not. There are no non-chaining clauses in an MADP.
[/quote]

Old news bro, check out the BFF announcement thread. There was a huge argument about it at the time. It was just easier calling it a MADP

I've been writing treaties for 4 and a half years. You do not have an MDAP with Wolfpack. You have an MoDoAP with them. From the looks of it, you guys don't have the testicular fortitude to sign an MADP with anyone. And that isn't a bad thing, you should only sign an MADP with an alliance if you trust them with the passwords to your bank accounts.

Please name your treaties accordingly and you won't have a 12 page discussion on why people are not honoring their treaties.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068667' post='2550806']
I've been writing treaties for 4 and a half years. You do not have an MDAP with Wolfpack. You have an MoDoAP with them. From the looks of it, you guys don't have the testicular fortitude to sign an MADP with anyone. And that isn't a bad thing, you should only sign an MADP with an alliance if you trust them with the passwords to your bank accounts.

Please name your treaties accordingly and you won't have a 12 page discussion on why people are not honoring their treaties.
[/quote]

Europa, fighting ODN and getting hit by Sparta, with a whopping 1.3 million nation strength, lacks balls.

Get out.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293068761' post='2550809']
Europa, fighting ODN and getting hit by Sparta, with a whopping 1.3 million nation strength, lacks balls.

Get out.
[/quote]

Disregard FARK, attack TPE,INT. Who lacks testicular fortitude? Oh, that's right, you and your allies. ODN probably wouldn't even be in this if you lot weren't so afraid of fighting FARK.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068876' post='2550811']
Disregard FARK, attack TPE,INT. Who lacks testicular fortitude? Oh, that's right, you and your allies. ODN probably wouldn't even be in this if you lot weren't so afraid of fighting FARK.
[/quote]

Did you look at the treaties? I cant see how they could hit Fark. Can you please enlighten me on how?

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1293069018' post='2550813']
Did you look at the treaties? I cant see how they could hit Fark. Can you please enlighten me on how?
[/quote]

If you would notice please, I called the 3 of them out. They could have hit FARK if FEAR would have attacked FARK instead of ignoring them. I am on your side here bud. LOL

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068667' post='2550806']

[/quote]
That's what I've been trying to tell them.. :lol1:

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1293055348' post='2550464']
If the chips had just flown in from the start, we could be looking at that war, yet, it hasn't, and wont happen in our life time friend.
Also you might want to hold off on that wonder, we have a party to attend first.
[/quote]
Dont sing it, bring it.

hows your new protectorate btw? :v:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293068876' post='2550811']Disregard FARK, attack TPE,INT. Who lacks testicular fortitude? Oh, that's right, you and your allies. ODN probably wouldn't even be in this if you lot weren't so afraid of fighting FARK.[/quote]
You realise that even TPE and INT are both bigger than Europa, right?
Sure, better odds than vs Fark, but still a decent fight... until both ODN [b]and[/b] Sparta became an issue.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1293069226' post='2550818']
You realise that even TPE and INT are both bigger than Europa, right?
[/quote]

/me facepalms. That wasn't my point.

I totally respect them for fighting for their allies.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293068761' post='2550809']

Get out.
[/quote]

I wish you well in your fight against such insurmountable odds. May you get off easy when the [s]extortion[/s] peace from Sparta comes in.

[font="Georgia"]I know you guys all got first place in Mock Trial in high school, but if Europa doesn't want their allies to defend them then their allies don't have to (and probably shouldn't) defend them.

It's a bummer, but that's how it is. Saying an alliance is obligated to disregard their ally's wishes is just retarded.[/font]

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1293069528' post='2550831']
[font="Georgia"]I know you guys all got first place in Mock Trial in high school, but if Europa doesn't want their allies to defend them then their allies don't have to (and probably shouldn't) defend them.

It's a bummer, but that's how it is. Saying an alliance is obligated to disregard their ally's wishes is just retarded.[/font]
[/quote]

My only point really is don't label something an MADP if it isn't one. MADP doesn't give you an option of sitting out. See: TDSM8 and BAPS.

Can someone please tell me why treaties are even signed in the first place? Seems when they are supposed to be honored the parties involved ignore them, but during peacetime they make sure to plaster the owf with how their such good friends and would die for each other. God forbid someone lose a few pixels.

Edited by GuMMyWoRm

Why can't people take the hint that Europa and it's allies have obviously discussed this and are in agreement

Instead we are arguing over the definition of what treaties are

You can argue over the definitions it's not going to change what is happening

Reality>semantics

The reality is they have asked their allies to stay out of it

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293069617' post='2550835']
My only point really is don't label something an MADP if it isn't one. MADP doesn't give you an option of sitting out. See: TDSM8 and BAPS.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Yes, and if Europa was requesting assistance then their allies would be violating the treaty. However, if they don't want them to come to their defense, then there's nothing wrong with them granting that request.[/font]

[quote name='GuMMyWoRm' timestamp='1293069733' post='2550839']
Can someone please tell me why treaties are even signed in the first place? Seems when they are supposed to be honored the parties involved ignore them, but during peacetime they make sure to plaster the owf with how their such good friends and would die for each other. God forbid someone lose a few pixels.
[/quote]
Some AA's actually honor their treaties.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1293070354' post='2550850']
Where were you when PC decided not to help NEW?

Hmmm?
[/quote]

MDoAP. NEW started an aggressive action. PC had the option in the language of the treaty to sit out. You can stop playing that card. I know you are smarter than that.

Edited by AirMe