NATO DoNA

dev0win

No complaints about the reasoning -- I wouldn't be too eager to defend NEW by proxy, either -- but saying that you'll enter for TFD with nary a mention of your blocmates in Iron Curtain is rather cold-blooded. Good luck with this.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard. The TFD-NATO treaty is TFD's and NATO's Only Chaining treaty. They really are Blood Brothers.

Also, Someone's mad.

Confusion.

Edit: Pointed at Jacapo...

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1292997137' post='2549429']
Oh hey good to see TFD is more important than all of your other MDPs, including [b]Bloc[/b].
[/quote]
NATO is stuck to TFD like glue; I think they even have a DMT. Usually an alliance's highest treaty is the bloc, but not here.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292997182' post='2549433']
Thanks pezstar.

I kinda miss Purqua now. Maybe we dropped the wrong alliance.

Good luck NATO.
[/quote]
Maybe? :unsure:

I can agree with this decision. Has anyone even really asked NATO for help. it kind of seems that everyone in this war so far has gone in wanting to go into it really. None has really attacked and said they didn't want to.

Also everyone that was protecting a certain alliance if attacked. I think pretty much knew that that alliance was going to get attacked. All the people that did not join really had not much to say or post any threads. Everyone that joined said I will attack if this happens knowing it was going to happen. I think all the alliances in this war knew they were going to war as soon as this started.

My pixels, are bored, surly, and were very much looking forward to some fresh air this Christmas. They most certainly are not thanking anyone right about now. :D

But hey, you all have fun. :mad:

edit: apparently in my old age I can't distinguish between emoticons

Edited by Njero

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1292997137' post='2549429']
Oh hey good to see [b]TFD is more important than all of your other MDPs[/b], including [b]Bloc[/b].
[/quote]

A DMT is a higher level treaty than a Bloc, specially Iron Curtain - a bloc that includes Hydra. To be completely truthful here: your incompetent in flaming your own ally here when they are clearly making the correct decission, and not the one you want to impulsively make. However, please declare on some treaty chain so I can see my allies or allies of my allies chew you up and spit you back out.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1292997468' post='2549453']
No complaints about the reasoning -- [b]I wouldn't be too eager to defend NEW by prox[/b]y, either -- but saying that you'll enter for TFD with nary a mention of your blocmates in Iron Curtain is rather cold-blooded. Good luck with this.
[/quote]

No one in their right minds would. The reasoning is the same as above - TFD/NATO share a DMT treaty and due to that this decission is completely understandable on top of being reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if NATO's next move was to leave Iron Curtain all together. And that would be an announcement I would truly hail.

Onwards NATO!

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292999571' post='2549623']

No one in their right minds would. The reasoning is the same as above - TFD/NATO share a DMT treaty and due to that this decission is completely understandable on top of being reasonable.

Onwards NATO!
[/quote]

The reasoning is fine, the decision not to invoke their non-chaining treaties is fine. It's the fact that one of their blocmates is currently being piled upon, the others may soon enter, and yet receive nothing more than a generalized wish of good luck. If they're planning to turf IC anyway, I suppose that I can see it...otherwise, it's a pretty glib statement given the level of commitment generally associated with a bloc, even a non-chaining one.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1293000145' post='2549652']
The reasoning is fine, the decision not to invoke their non-chaining treaties is fine. It's the fact that one of their blocmates is currently being piled upon, the others may soon enter, and yet receive nothing more than a generalized wish of good luck. If they're planning to turf IC anyway, I suppose that I can see it...otherwise, it's a pretty glib statement given the level of commitment generally associated with a bloc, even a non-chaining one.
[/quote]
This statement is not being made by an Iron Curtain bloc member, and as such, deserves a good helping of
[img]http://www.chemistryland.com/CHM151W/02-Atoms/Nomenclature/SaltShaker.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293000308' post='2549659']
This statement is not being made by an Iron Curtain bloc member, and as such, deserves a good helping of
[/quote]

This statement, on the other hand, [i]was[/i] made by an Iron Curtain bloc member:

[quote]Oh hey good to see TFD is more important than all of your other MDPs, including [b]Bloc[/b].[/quote]

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1293000671' post='2549668']
This statement, on the other hand, [i]was[/i] made by an Iron Curtain bloc member:
[/quote]
Indeed. You are missing some facts which would help give proper context to that statement, however.

Alas I can't tell you. Fragging opsec.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292999571' post='2549623']
A DMT is a higher level treaty than a Bloc, specially Iron Curtain - a bloc that includes Hydra. To be completely truthful here: your incompetent in flaming your own ally here when they are clearly making the correct decission, and not the one you want to impulsively make. However, please declare on some treaty chain so I can see my allies or allies of my allies chew you up and spit you back out.

[/quote]

No ally of mine sits on the sidelines and shirks their due responsibility. When you are asked to help you march to war for your allies, whether the cause is worth it or not. I do not approve of NEWs actions, I do not approve of them making this global, but I will be damned if I will let people burn by themselves just for being a good ally and living up to their commitments. Some of us have spines stiffer than jell-o and do not need a superior coalition to make their decision of defense or not.

[quote]No one in their right minds would. The reasoning is the same as above - TFD/NATO share a DMT treaty and due to that this decission is completely understandable on top of being reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if NATO's next move was to [b]leave Iron Curtain all together[/b]. And that would be an announcement I would truly hail.

Onwards NATO![/quote]

I can assure you it will be a race to see who can pass that motion through their legislature faster.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin