SkyNet and you, A possible future scenario for your Alliance

New Reverie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame Legion for that. They sat GW2 out and that is why i was told to back down. I was ready to hold out for the long haul.

But in the end, i wasn't the leader of LoSS at the time. And the leadership told me to back down.

Edited by New Reverie

I'd say join TPF but I think Valhalla, NV, CoJ, would be some good friendly fun communities for you to join ;)

Cool looking stuff.. I would love to check it out but I think it should go to someone who is in a place to use it.

Nice to see you still around NR

oo/

Oh hai. I have/had a bloc commander mask in this, and I really liked it. Having used both this and NORAD I will say that this is much more sophisticated than NORAD, and better suited to large alliances without super active government members. A smaller alliance, or one with a sufficiently active government, has no need of a system like this and can perform the functions manually. A really large alliance, or one with a less active government, will be the kind of alliance for whom a system like this is most useful.

I'm serving as MoD of Athens atm, after having led the alliance for 2 years. Provided that the majority of the alliance consented, and you were willing to work with our other programmers at least to a minimal extent, I would be willing to make use of this system mandatory by alliance members, since I know what it is already. As far as logistics, I imagine that one could request tech sellers as easily as targets in this type of system, and that could be enormously useful, more so than even the targeting, which can be handled by a dedicated MoD and milcom in wartime well enough.

Our members are in-game active enough to make use of this, and I'm willing to push to make it mandatory for alliance membership to use, if you're willing to work a little with one of our programmers. I think you could be a huge asset to our alliance community, and while Athens might not have perfectly ideal parameters as an alliance, I do have the authority to promise you that I will push implementation of your system if you join us.

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1291146110' post='2526656']
we are upon the verge of stepping onto the World Stage in a big way, and we [u]will[/u] be [b]the[/b] alliance.
[/quote]

If this doesn't result in large-scale war, I will be disappointed.

The responses in this thread are hilarious to say the least. Good luck finding a fitting alliance NR

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1291235354' post='2527443']
Diplomat of the year?
[/quote]

Well I don't believe he acts as any sort of capacity for WF. I know he isn't gov, and I'm positive those aren't the views expressed by the leadership of the alliance. That being said someone needs to talk to him :P

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1291235354' post='2527443']
Diplomat of the year?
[/quote]

You do not know the situation. Please don't take a prejudice, and for the record neither does Goldie.

EDIT: Feel free to find me on IRC and let me state my position before you call me an idiot though, if you do that, I have no qualms. I am willing to accept that I am wrong in the situation if you still believe that once you have the facts.

Edited by Jay Z

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1291238918' post='2527476']
You do not know the situation. Please don't take a prejudice, and for the record neither does Goldie.

EDIT: Feel free to find me on IRC and let me state my position before you call me an idiot though, if you do that, I have no qualms. I am willing to accept that I am wrong in the situation if you still believe that once you have the facts.
[/quote]

What facts? That you saw fit to spit on a bunch of alliances because wF has pandas and you think you're hot !@#$?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1291232830' post='2527414']
A really large alliance, or one with a less active government, will be the kind of alliance for whom a system like this is most useful.

[/quote]

Thats what ive been thinking. Our government and forums are super active and I wonder how much somthing like this will actually make a difference for us. Would it make us less active by taking away our jobs? mebe.

As Synergy grows, however, it might be a useful tool to help coordinate. Of course, Synergy gov is super active too...

Honestly, join an alliance that is large but still needs help. It would be an interesting project to see you join one of the neutrals and somehow arouse them into a competent, dominating political force.

tl;dr - Join a neutral alliance, become it's leader, and give us a true neutral menace worthy of our fear.