A New Age.

Salmia

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1290604908' post='2522063']
Threats? All I see is people commenting how an alliance losing its leader and have 10% of the alliance leave simultaneously is just another nail in the coffin.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Observations? All I see is people subtly hinting their desire to roll TOOL and then denying it. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that Archon has brought out his puppies in VE and Umbrella to drown out the truth. I will not stand for this. I will not be idle while you try to threaten TOOL during its most delicate and precious moments. You can deny it all you want, but I know what you're up to. I know about your little grudge against TOOL, and I won't let you do it. Not without a fight.

I shall lead the charge with blazing words of truth. Words which will shake the very foundation of your new hegemony, which is no different than the old one, in their truthfulness. These words brought the NPO to its knees. They will do much worse to you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1290610647' post='2522095']
[color="#0000FF"]Observations? All I see is people subtly hinting their desire to roll TOOL and then denying it. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that Archon has brought out his puppies in VE and Umbrella to drown out the truth. I will not stand for this. I will not be idle while you try to threaten TOOL during its most delicate and precious moments. You can deny it all you want, but I know what you're up to. I know about your little grudge against TOOL, and I won't let you do it. Not without a fight.

I shall lead the charge with blazing words of truth. Words which will shake the very foundation of your new hegemony, which is no different than the old one, in their truthfulness. These words brought the NPO to its knees. They will do much worse to you.[/color]
[/quote]

I have an urging desire to roll TOOL.

I see the same tired old replies from the usual suspects are polluting the topic.

That said, there are enough [i][b]other [/b][/i]detractors to inject a sense of drama into something that already had a hint of mystery. Those two things are not good attributes of what should have been a routine announcement.

My own contribution will not be exciting; just to congratulate The Dakotans and to wish Mia good luck.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1290593877' post='2522011']
No no no. You're getting it all wrong: it's Archon and it's MK so it has to be a threat. Or a menace. Or at least something evil.
[/quote]

Facetious and sarcastic comment in defense of MK, engage!

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290576008' post='2521860']
Congrats to Daks, for having the privilege of being the last TOOL leader, and furthermore congratulations to TOOL for offloading a leader that wasn't going to do anything with you guys.
[/quote]
Awfull early for threats isnt it Xiph. Too your second statement we will never know. Some people may be great in certain aspects of gov but may not be cut out for others. Some times a timely departure is the best thing you can do for an alliance. I have no idea about this case as [ooc]Ive been way to busy in RL to keep up with many of the goings on here outside my imediate responsibilities[/ooc]

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1290578642' post='2521907']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=The+Phoenix+Federation"]Ditching this treaty would be a great step forward[/url]
[/quote]
Just because they arent the current flavor of the month dropping them would only drive others away. Its not having a treaty when its conveniant that makes you cool its the willingness to stick with that partner in the hard times that builds a bond. Great example MK-Athens and more recently Athens-MK (even with out a piece of paper).

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1290584653' post='2521984']
Shouldn't you be worrying about IRON now? BTW is is much cooler there or just SOMEWHAT cooler?
[/quote]
Perhaps there is a back story here that i dont have all the info for but from a simple uninformed perspective this comment is beneath the dignity of RoK as a whole. Its never easy to leave an AA you have spent time building, the decision is a difficutl one. It seems to me there must have been a faux pas some where to have so many from a certain side of the web come out and spit on a leader as she departs her posistion and apparently her AA.

I find myself in partial agreement with RV here it seems some tensions are being displayed by some prominent leaders who seem to feel the need to flex some mucle here. TOOL would indeed be an interesting target on how it would play out on the web.

Good luck Mia in your travels may you find what you are looking for.
Good luck Dak it seems you have your work cut out for you but if Mia believes in you then im pretty sure youll do fine.
Good luck TOOL as a whole may you find the shining light at the end of the tunnel that leads you on to even greater heights.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1290617625' post='2522153']
Nobody here has any idea what they're talking about lol
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, try and discredit the sole bearer of truth left in this dark world. The one soul who dare bring enlightenment and knowledge to masses. Bah. The more you deny your intentions the guiltier you are. No one is fooled by your feigned ignorance.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]Awfull early for threats isnt it Xiph. Too your second statement we will never know. Some people may be great in certain aspects of gov but may not be cut out for others. Some times a timely departure is the best thing you can do for an alliance. I have no idea about this case as [ooc]Ive been way to busy in RL to keep up with many of the goings on here outside my imediate responsibilities[/ooc][/quote]

Xiphosis will find any alliance that may be diametrically opposed to his and then all of a sudden assume some sort of undying grudge that won't go away until he gets his own. He isn't exactly discrete with it either.

[quote]Ridiculous accusations deserve nothing but sarcasm.[/quote]

Alright Mr. Meow.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1290610647' post='2522095']
Observations? All I see is people subtly hinting their desire to roll TOOL and then denying it. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that Archon has brought out his puppies in VE and Umbrella to drown out the truth. I will not stand for this. I will not be idle while you try to threaten TOOL during its most delicate and precious moments. You can deny it all you want, but I know what you're up to. I know about your little grudge against TOOL, and I won't let you do it. Not without a fight.

I shall lead the charge with blazing words of truth. Words which will shake the very foundation of your new hegemony, which is no different than the old one, in their truthfulness. These words brought the NPO to its knees. They will do much worse to you.
[/quote]

Rest easy, moral crusader.

TOOL wouldn't be worth the effort to attack... even assuming we had reason and were in the proper frame of mind.

Fake edit: It's pretty funny that this is all you've got, though.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290576008' post='2521860']
Congrats to Daks, for having the privilege of being the last TOOL leader, and furthermore congratulations to TOOL for offloading a leader that wasn't going to do anything with you guys.
[/quote]Although I may speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, if I have not love I am a noisy, banging, clanging gong.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1290578642' post='2521907']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=The+Phoenix+Federation"]Ditching this treaty would be a great step forward[/url]
[/quote]Z3...you wound me.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1290580490' post='2521935']
Good luck, son.

I think you're going to need it.
[/quote]For shame Arch.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1290605631' post='2522068']
To our friends in TOOL, if there is anything STA can do to assist you during your transition, all you need to do is say the word.

Mia, we wish you luck in your endeavors. Don't be a stranger.
[/quote]Thank you Pez, I could not have said it any better.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1290611170' post='2522099']
I have an urging desire to roll TOOL.
[/quote]...go for it sweetpea.

[quote name='Edifice' timestamp='1290610278' post='2522092']
So has TOOL given someone a CB or are people just rubbing the fact that they lost members in their faces for no reason (other than the fact they have "wrong" treaties).
[/quote]
More like the fact they're a "terrible" alliance.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1290622440' post='2522214']
So, with the retiring of GK, can we expect every TOOL leader to retire in rapid fashion? [IMG]http://imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG] Once is an occurrence, twice is a coincidence, but the third time, that'll be a pattern.
[/quote]

Yeah as if there wasn't a giant schism that wrecked half your alliance's NS as well.

What a joke.

I don't know about anyone else but after reading RV's post in this thread i suddenly hope that Archon follows through on his "veiled threat" and MK does indeed roll TOOL.

All I can say RV is good job I entered this thread with a low opinion and more or less complete disinterest in TOOL but no desire to roll them and left hoping to see them burn in a combined fire of MK/GOD

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1290623348' post='2522226']
Alliance Seniority: 11/23/2010 11:47:12 PM (1 Day)

So, sometime around that vote, I guess.
[/quote]A fair bit later, actually.

It did make for some interesting IRC conversation though. Had about five alliances try to change my mind. :P

Edited by Uralica

Mia it's been a pleasure working with you whilst you were in TOOL and I have no doubt that I'll continue to have that pleasure even though you're in IRON.

Daks I'm sure you will be able to step up to the position and will serve TOOL for a long time to come.

FEAR has got your back as always, if you need anything just give us a shout.

o/ TOOL
o7 Mia
o7 Daks

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1290625366' post='2522251']
Since no one else will say it. Is it true TOOL voted to disband and it failed causing these members to leave?
[/quote]

If that's true that's hilarious. So Mia came into power and saw it was hopeless.