Will MK extort TFD?

The MVP

[quote name='Rob Holmes IIi' timestamp='1290136787' post='2517051']
MK humbly asks TFD to pay them $9mil in damages to a nation under 10k strength, claiming that those were the minimal costs of the damage done, despite TFD having absolutely no control over what happened (I would know) and everyone hails them as reasonable and just! Oh how people will praise the strong, rebuke the weak, and agree with the popular kid.
[/quote]

The "everyone" that is praising the resolution as being reasonable and just includes the other, [i]involved[/i] party here. Do you accuse them of being dishonest or having ulterior motives?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1290128246' post='2516957']
Why don't you quit crying about it?
[/quote]
I wouldn't even have mentioned it except for this.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289684668' post='2512153']
None, because our side isn't the one who cries about everything.
[/quote]
Go ahead and baw, but don't try to pretend you don't.

I don't remember Pacifica having this much grade A stupidity flung in their direction. Maybe I'm looking at the past through rose tinted glasses as we so often do on this planet. Either way it makes me wish MK was a bit more evil, just evil enough to put an end to 'discussions' like these and leave us with just the interesting ones like Rebel Virginia's.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

What??? What is this gross discussion? From the OP on, everything I see is just stupid pissing and moaning. MVP, you deserve a *[sup][i]poisoned[/i][/sup]*cookie for this one. Hate on MK when they actually deserve it. Don't just do it cause you're a jealous attention seeking hoo-er.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289684870' post='2512159']
of course they will.

they are already crying. they can't handle getting ridiculed.

sadly, TFD will out class MK and nothing will happen.
[/quote]
You're not evil. You're not even hated. You're just annoying.
It's weird how the spawn of the NSO is generally worse than NSO themselves.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289691744' post='2512323']
Doesn't that ever bother you that that is what your side is reduced to doing? Dreaming of a better world while losing more and more political ground?
[/quote]
Actually made me laugh!

Edit:
[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289684607' post='2512152']
I guess the question would be at this point is who wants to attack the Mushroom Kingdom? I think this is the wrong question. I think the true question is,

[b]who not[/b]
[/quote]

Oh GOD, I just re-read that last line. :lol1: [size="5"][b]SO DEEP![/b][/size]

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289691866' post='2512327']
Because Karma happened in a matter of days right. Oh yeah, it took 2-3 years to knock NPO from its perch. It's not a dream, it will happen.
[/quote]

Can we cut this line of BS? Karma was not planned over 3 years. From what I understand you weren't around, but if that's the case i would advise not talking about things you don't know.

Heck, if you really look at the situation, NPO & Co. weren't really even in true power until after the fall of the Unjust Path... so early fall '07 -> And Karma happened in what? Late spring '09? So 1.5 years of real hegemony with the WotC/NoCB in the middle to spice things up, and from what I understand from people that were involved in the planning phases of what we now know as "karma" - it was around 6 months of planning before NPO decided to roll OV (clarification would be nice though).

Sure, there were alliances that opposed NPO from spring '06 on... but lets drop this line that it took years and years of back room planning working slowly towards a far off date when the stars would align, the heavens would open, and unicorns bearing beer and cocaine would float down to carry us towards righteous victory and the bloody destruction of our enemies. (for those who don't know, that is literally what happened during the Karma war)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1290162062' post='2517285']
I wouldn't even have mentioned it except for this.
Go ahead and baw, but don't try to pretend you don't.
[/quote]
You really should stop pretending we do, nobody with more than two brain cells to rub together believes it, and you're just making yourself look even worse.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1290176832' post='2517371']
Can we cut this line of BS? Karma was not planned over 3 years. From what I understand you weren't around, but if that's the case i would advise not talking about things you don't know.

Heck, if you really look at the situation, NPO & Co. weren't really even in true power until after the fall of the Unjust Path... so early fall '07 -> And Karma happened in what? Late spring '09? So 1.5 years of real hegemony with the WotC/NoCB in the middle to spice things up, and from what I understand from people that were involved in the planning phases of what we now know as "karma" - it was around 6 months of planning before NPO decided to roll OV (clarification would be nice though).

Sure, there were alliances that opposed NPO from spring '06 on... but lets drop this line that it took years and years of back room planning working slowly towards a far off date when the stars would align, the heavens would open, and unicorns bearing beer and cocaine would float down to carry us towards righteous victory and the bloody destruction of our enemies. (for those who don't know, that is literally what happened during the Karma war)
[/quote]
My main point was about how long it took to knock off NPO. I never said Karma was being planned for 3 years. It just took around that long for NPO to be completely defeated from the start of their rise to power. 1.5 years of true Heg? You know better than me so that time frame is fine with me. Now, considering this Heg is much larger and more united...I expect it to out last NPO's Heg.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='WCaesarD' timestamp='1290137481' post='2517061']
[b]I'll make a deal with you, if the real elected, appointed or whatever leaders of TFD post here that they think that 9mil is unreasonable, I'll pay it for them[/b]. That being said, isn't this issue completely resolved for everyone? I don't see the fuss.
[/quote]

It won't work. I did that in the NSO thread and the peanut gallery still pouted for 60 pages.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289762488' post='2512910']
This is the quality of our detractors.

I mean...really? Did you even bother to see if the matter had already been resolved?
[/quote]
Timeline used to do exactly the same kind of nonsense to NPO and the others too.

Nothing really changes.

I think that TFD does what they believe is needed at the time of the decision. I always think that our senate always makes the right decision. Whether it turns out to be a bad one later. I stand behind my government and my brothers to the death. I will always trust my government/brothers of TFD. They do not make decisions knowing that later everything is going to blow up in everyone's faces and screw us all over. If MK wanted a little money to solve a problem that could turn out to be a huge problem for everyone in our thriving alliance. I think that it is all worth it. I do not want to have to worry about losing all that I have worked for. Just because of someone who does not know his duty before doing anything. Although I do think that MK could have just said this is completely unacceptable. That is should not have happened at all for any reason. All of our members should know that this is unacceptable. everyone in every alliance should know this. I do think that the attacking nation should pay.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='der_ko' timestamp='1289684790' post='2512156']
While the Kingdom does not participate in any form of extortion, we are confident any issues will be hammered out in a satisfying manner for all involved parties and in the end justice will prevail.
[/quote]
Can I have this engraved and mounted on my wall?