• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1288892095' post='2501970']
MK and STA do not resign a treaty.
MT goes to STA.
How loyal is MT to STA?
Has it crossed STA's mind that MT is only there to keep tabs on STA internal discussions about MK?
[/quote]

MT was in STA for at least a month before MK canceled all of their treaties. At the time MT left, MK had no intention of canceling said treaties.

So no. No it hasn't occurred to us. We trust MT implicitly.

MT goes to STA.
How loyal is MT to STA?
Has it crossed STA's mind that MT is only there to keep tabs on STA internal discussions about MK?
[/quote]

[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7605/avatar31663242429027.jpg[/img]

hmmmm an interesting point to be sure

MT goes to STA.
How loyal is MT to STA?
[/quote]
Uh, MT went to STA more than two months ago. I think you're stretching, Nando!

Edit: Wow, that post got clobbered pretty quick!

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1288892764' post='2501978']
Uh, MT went to STA more than two months ago. I think you're stretching, Nando!

Edit: Wow, that post got clobbered pretty quick!
[/quote]

In addition, regardless of our current treaty status, there's no way in hell MK would do that.

MT goes to STA.
How loyal is MT to STA?
[/quote]
LOL MT is a straight up dude and wouldnt do that to begin with. MK even falling backward IMO wouldnt resort to that under any circumstances.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288893219' post='2501980']
In addition, regardless of our current treaty status, there's no way in hell MK would do that.
[/quote]
oops Pez already said it well.

I read earlier that you think ODN has really changed. (to an extent I agree and yes for the better) What have you seen to change your mind about them?

[/quote]

[img]http://www.robertjschwalb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dr-evil.jpg[/img]

P.S. This is a string of text, it is constructed using letters. It also contains 2 (two) sentances.

Edited by Mr.Lister

[/quote]
No kidding. Even if MT had gone to STA just after the treaty cancellation, it'd still be a ridiculous idea.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1288893529' post='2501985']

I read earlier that you think ODN has really changed. (to an extent I agree and yes for the better) What have you seen to change your mind about them?
[/quote]

Back in the day, ODN were followers who cared more about surviving than backing up their words with actions. They've long since outgrown that reputation, and anyone who has been paying attention can see it. They're leaders now, the largest and most influential members of their bloc. They are more than willing to go to war when it is necessary, and they're level headed enough to prevent war when it needs to be done. One only needs to look at the UPN logs to see that.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1288844100' post='2501564']
Why don't you like the "new CN?"
[/quote]
I think this got lost in the shuffle.

I ask because I personally see CN as being the same it's always been (for the most part). I was curious to see how you or STA view how the world has changed.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1288895033' post='2502012']
I think this got lost in the shuffle.

I ask because I personally see CN as being the same it's always been (for the most part). I was curious to see how you or STA view how the world has changed.
[/quote]

I was speaking from our perspective. We considered ourselves to be extremely close to MK. They are not outside of our sphere of influence and doing things we are not a part of.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288895115' post='2502014']
I was speaking from our perspective. We considered ourselves to be extremely close to MK. They are not outside of our sphere of influence and doing things we are not a part of.
[/quote]
I took the comment as something different. Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1288903145' post='2502110']
Why do you feel the need to sign new treaties? Is STA wary of the current political structure?

Also, refreshing as always pezter, many thanks for your level headedness. You haven't changed in many, many.... many moons :)
[/quote]

It's more boredom. We've got the same friends we've had for years, and we haven't had new friends in years. We love our pals, but it'd be nice to meet someone new. Does that make sense? It does in my head.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1288892467' post='2501975']
[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7605/avatar31663242429027.jpg[/img]

hmmmm an interesting point to be sure
[/quote]

I lol'd.

Just here to express gratitude for these honest and frank press conferences. It's refreshing. :wub:

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288904430' post='2502132']
It's more boredom. We've got the same friends we've had for years, and we haven't had new friends in years. We love our pals, but it'd be nice to meet someone new. Does that make sense? It does in my head.
[/quote]

So Pez, is it time for that MDP, or should we leave that to Toga and Tyga to negotiate?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288889841' post='2501949']
Frostbite ended because we were very much going in different directions. NSO wanted to go one way. We wanted to go another. So we decided to let each other be free to go whatever way we'd like to without the constraints of having to move as a cohesive bloc. We didn't know about the IRON treaty. Had Frostbite not broken up, NSO wouldn't have signed it. They had it on the backburner because they had formed a close friendship with them, but out of respect for the bloc, they didn't do anything with it because they knew we'd not approve.

I mean, I know it's boring and not drama filled, but that's really all it was. I don't remember which incident it was, but Athens had started something with someone, and we were in a position that would have had us defending MK in support of their C&G relationship. NSO was very much against this because what Athens did was pretty indefensible. They were right, but we're STA, so we follow our treaties. As a bloc, we couldn't just... not move together, so we decided not to. It wasn't just that incident, though. There were several situations in which it was clear we had different goals. We parted on extremely friendly terms. We're still friends with each other.

The 4th member was The Liquor Cabinet. They just sort of disappeared one day!
[/quote]
This is not how I remember it at all. The laugh out loud moment, for me, was "NSO had a close friendship with IRON". Very few of the Lords liked them much at all, and we were essentially using them because they had been good puppets for NPO and we knew that with Frostbite falling apart we would need some sort of covering.

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1288903145' post='2502110']
Why do you feel the need to sign new treaties? Is STA wary of the current political structure?

Also, refreshing as always pezter, many thanks for your level headedness. You haven't changed in many, many.... many moons :)
[/quote]

Woot Draka is still around... [b]Also who would STA class as their closest ally? If STA would to change anything in CN what and why would it be?[/b]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288892289' post='2501973']
MT was in STA for at least a month before MK canceled all of their treaties. At the time MT left, MK had no intention of canceling said treaties.

So no. No it hasn't occurred to us. We trust MT implicitly.
[/quote]

Do you have any insight as to what changed within that month that made MK decide to cancel all their treaties? I understand that you cannot speak for MK, but your best guess would be appreciated. :D

Also, did I $%&@ up as badly as I thought I did in WFs embassy on your forums? :P

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' timestamp='1288905985' post='2502160']
Can we expect anything new out of STA anytime soon?
[/quote]

We're looking for a new friend or two. That's seriously all I can think of. We're all still very interested in the Cyberverse, but man is it getting stagnant.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1288906997' post='2502177']
So Pez, is it time for that MDP, or should we leave that to Toga and Tyga to negotiate?
[/quote]

No, no. Let's leave it to Chefjoe and Uhtred to work out! Those two LOVE each other!

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1288907595' post='2502189']
I'm looking for the right alliance. Is it yours?
[/quote]

That depends. How do you feel about twinkies?

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1288908710' post='2502210']
This is not how I remember it at all. The laugh out loud moment, for me, was "NSO had a close friendship with IRON". Very few of the Lords liked them much at all, and we were essentially using them because they had been good puppets for NPO and we knew that with Frostbite falling apart we would need some sort of covering.
[/quote]

That could be. But from our perspective, we were completely unaware of a treaty with IRON being in the works, and we were definitely aware of a friendship there.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1288909109' post='2502214']
Woot Draka is still around... [b]Also who would STA class as their closest ally? If STA would to change anything in CN what and why would it be?[/b]
[/quote]

NpO. And I would bring our prior relationship with MK back. Though each of us would probably have a different answer.