10.10.10 begins

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1286847878' post='2481972']
More fun, I suspect.
[/quote]

People complained about how boring things were back then too, you know. "The good old days" are a myth constructed by those with a vested interest in demonstrating how their dominance of the world didn't make things as boring as they actually were.

But just think about it for a moment. Pax Pacifica was a long period of peace and stability, interrupted only by the odd beat down. Logically speaking, is that going to be fun for most people?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1286847820' post='2481970']
Yes, this is precisely it. I like FAN, but their reputation is entirely undeserved. I base my opinions off what I've seen, not some dudes fawning over them on the OWF.
[/quote]I also base my opinions on that I've seen.

Please point to the part of my statement which you found to be false. Was it the "more war experience than any other alliance in the world" or the "they've been devising new and creative ways to blow stuff up since the ancient times?"

(Also, if you've not noticed, some of us are treating this as a sporting event, and I've adopted FAN as my 'home team' so to speak.)

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286848494' post='2481982']
People complained about how boring things were back then too, you know. "The good old days" are a myth constructed by those with a vested interest in demonstrating how their dominance of the world didn't make things as boring as they actually were.

But just think about it for a moment. Pax Pacifica was a long period of peace and stability, interrupted only by the odd beat down. Logically speaking, is that going to be fun for most people?
[/quote]It's funny, because 100% of the complaints about the world being boring are coming from the top. Kinda invalidates your whole argument.

I'm having a blast right now. It's way more fun then when I was on top with the rest of the old Hegemony.

Note who it is right now relieving their boredom with these war games. Here's a hint, it's not us.

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1286847159' post='2481960']
I don't think it's really hate, more like not worshiping them as the rest of CN does for some reason.

edit: To clarify, FAN probably are very good fighters, and have a great reputation in war but some of the praise is a bit much.
[/quote]
this.

i have immense respect for FAN but to hail them as gods of war is a bit premature when theyve been through one war since the end of their conflict with NPO. i wish them the best of luck in this little game and look forward to meeting a few of them on the battlefield

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1286843939' post='2481915']
Besides, it's not like Mellonhead's in your alliance anymore.
[/quote]
Sweet baby jesus... why is it that so many of TOOLs membership in the past have this delusion that someone named mellonhead was a member of WTF? If it were possible to be more than 100% wrong, you guys would be it.

Every player who has ever applied to WTF submitted an application, and EVERY application we've ever had for the last 4+ years is still on our forums. Go to www.worldtaskforce.com, create an account, email validate it, then learn to be friends with control+f and search for the truth.

When you're done, please tell your friends.

Inane comments like this are one of the reasons WTF members have made it a point to not participate in the OWF community. No offense to the bulk of you with opinions of us, positive or negative, based on facts.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming, good luck to everyone involved, may FAN have mercy on our souls.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286848588' post='2481983']
I also base my opinions on that I've seen.

Please point to the part of my statement which you found to be false. Was it the "more war experience than any other alliance in the world" or the "they've been devising new and creative ways to blow stuff up since the ancient times?"

(Also, if you've not noticed, some of us are treating this as a sporting event, and I've adopted FAN as my 'home team' so to speak.)
[/quote]
1) Yes, they beat the hell out of Legion and NPO in early-mid 2007. After this they remained in peace mode for over a year. While I appreciate their steadfastness, their political campaign doesn't count as war experience, I'm sorry.
2) Totally disputing that, I've never seen them do anything new, they just did what NPO, GOONS and others had already figured out really well.

These days they picked such an incredibly bad nationbuilding strategy (full nukes at 3-4k infra) that condemns them to being average forever. It kills your growth and ensures you will never have a good warchest. The fact that they're so severely underteched makes their large nuke count basically useless, as well. I know you weren't around last war (for [i]some unknown reason![/i]), but this was proven then and it's completely clear you're basing your opinion off of 2007.

The top tier today is MK, TOP, and Umbrella. This is pretty much beyond dispute. I'm watching this too, you know. FOK is my own pick , because the rest are really no better than average. I'm just saying you picked the wrong team and your opinions are bad!

Oh, and respond to me in #mushroom. Thanks!

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286848835' post='2481987']
It's funny, because 100% of the complaints about the world being boring are coming from the top. Kinda invalidates your whole argument.

I'm having a blast right now. It's way more fun then when I was on top with the rest of the old Hegemony.

Note who it is right now relieving their boredom with these war games. Here's a hint, it's not us.
[/quote]

Well, I'm not actually saying the world is boring. I'm saying that today's world isn't any worse than it was a couple of years ago. I still disagree with the points you brought up, specifically that all the complaints are from those on top, but that's a matter of perception, so I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't really see how that's relevant though. Secondly I'd like to point out back in the day, most of the complaints about how boring the Cyberverse was came from those who were not in a dominant position. For example, it was a major part of Vox Populi's propaganda. You know, the whole "multipolarity will make things more interesting" line.

I suppose I don't really understand what you're getting at here.

[quote name='Asa Phillips' timestamp='1286848876' post='2481989']
Sweet baby jesus... why is it that so many of TOOLs membership in the past have this delusion that someone named mellonhead was a member of WTF? If it were possible to be more than 100% wrong, you guys would be it.

Every player who has ever applied to WTF submitted an application, and EVERY application we've ever had for the last 4+ years is still on our forums. Go to www.worldtaskforce.com, create an account, email validate it, then learn to be friends with control+f and search for the truth.
[/quote]

Musta been ghosting you guys then. My mistake.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1286849218' post='2481992']
1) Yes, they beat the hell out of Legion and NPO in early-mid 2007. After this they remained in peace mode for over a year. While I appreciate their steadfastness, their political campaign doesn't count as war experience, I'm sorry.
2) Totally disputing that, I've never seen them do anything new, they just did what NPO, GOONS and others had already figured out really well.

These days they picked such an incredibly bad nationbuilding strategy (full nukes at 3-4k infra) that condemns them to being average forever. It kills your growth and ensures you will never have a good warchest. The fact that they're so severely underteched makes their large nuke count basically useless, as well. I know you weren't around last war (for [i]some unknown reason![/i]), but this was proven then and it's completely clear you're basing your opinion off of 2007.

The top tier today is MK, TOP, and Umbrella. This is pretty much beyond dispute. I'm watching this too, you know. FOK is my own pick , because the rest are really no better than average. I'm just saying you picked the wrong team and your opinions are bad!

Oh, and respond to me in #mushroom. Thanks!
[/quote]
FOK dropped out iirc

/me goes back in his hole

[quote name='Kristoff' timestamp='1286850932' post='2482016']
Ghost are silly, that's why we never wanted sanction, other then to get our flag in game :P
[/quote]

This is why, after we lost sanction the first time, I was like, "I never want sanction [i]again[/i]." We picked up something like forty ghosts at one point. Of course almost all of them bailed after Karma War. Including one that would later end up sanctioned because she dumped another alliance's guides on the forums after pretending to join them <_<

In any case, I do apologise for the misunderstanding, and it was my fault to begin with because that's where he was after Ragnarok kicked him out - ghosting WTF (after a while he hopped to WF then founded MO). Should've remembered the time he ghosted Polaris back in '08.

Derpko is derp. :ph34r:

Also:

[quote]@Ghosts Leave WTF or die, ok.[/quote]

:awesome: Australian Warlord :awesome:

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1286851282' post='2482021']
FOK dropped out iirc
[/quote]

No wonder some alliances don't have all 10 wars going :P

I'm tabbing up the number of nations in anarchy out of those currently at war as we speak.

And the results are in!

None in Anarchy - Sparta, FAN
One in Anarchy - WTF, FARK, GATO
Two in Anarchy - NpO (lol Blake :P), Athens
Three in Anarchy - UPN

Did R&R withdraw, though?

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1286853345' post='2482042']
[/quote]
Which is pretty surprising considering we're both primarily trading blows with each other :P

and yes, RnR withdrew.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1286853345' post='2482042']
No wonder some alliances don't have all 10 wars going :P

I'm tabbing up the number of nations in anarchy out of those currently at war as we speak.

And the results are in!

One in Anarchy - WTF, FARK, GATO
Two in Anarchy - NpO (lol Blake :P), Athens
Three in Anarchy - UPN

Did R&R withdraw, though?
[/quote]
Sparta is now the only alliance with no anarchies. We just anarchied two fanner's tonight and then somebody else from UPN.

Heh, wow. UPN sure isn't doing well. :unsure:

From what I've heard on TOOL forums, a couple people from our gang are regretting not getting into this. And since it's a non-nuclear event, I s'pose I could throw my chip in that pile as well. Ah well. Life sucks sometimes. :P