United Purple Nations Announcement

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1286766328' post='2480985']
Regardless, this move only works out in ODN's favor. So I'm not upset at the slightest. It's just a giant dick move on the part of UPN. But then again, I didn't really expect anything more from them.
[/quote]
Eh, can't force something my friend. If this is how they feel, so be it. I am sure there were many things said and done in between.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1286766316' post='2480984']
The problem with OsRavan's actions is that he was acting in total contradiction to UPN's wishes. OsRavan undermined Peggy's authority and UPN's sovereignty by entering ex parte with GOONS and directly making a deal Peggy had rejected. That is not the act of an ally regardless of whether UPN's decision to reject GOONS offer was bad or not.

Alliances don't pay off their allies' enemies to go away behind their backs and get a high-five. OsRavan's behavior is really rather shocking to me.
[/quote]
An ally's job is to protect those they are allied to.

I'll admit though that this is probably an unheard of concept for you.

GO GO GADGET SPELLING ERRORS

Edited by KCToker

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1286766438' post='2480989']
Eh, can't force something my friend. If this is how they feel, so be it. I am sure there were many things said and done in between.
[/quote]
If you read my time line on page 2 (or 3). That really is literally the schedule of events.

Alliances don't pay off their allies' enemies to go away behind their backs and get a high-five. OsRavan's behavior is really rather shocking to me.
[/quote]

Of course it is, it stopped you from enacting your grand plan. If I were you, I'd be bummed too :P

Edited by snibbmaster

The problem with OsRavan's actions is that he was acting in total contradiction to UPN's wishes. OsRavan undermined Peggy's authority and UPN's sovereignty by entering ex parte with GOONS and directly making a deal Peggy had rejected. That is not the act of an ally regardless of whether UPN's decision to reject GOONS offer was bad or not.

[/quote]
While this sounds terrible in isolation, you forgot the other half of the story. Namely the part where UPN was trying to manufacture a war with flimsy excuses, and trying to pull ODN and ODN's friends into it.

[/quote]
And I am sure your stance on this issue isn't influenced by personal feelings [b]at all[/b].

EDIT: Fixing grammar.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='snibbmaster' timestamp='1286766657' post='2481001']
Of course it is, it stopped you from enacting your grand plan. If I were you, I'd be bummed too. Putting together such a [i]well organized[/i] coalition [b]must [/b]have been terribly difficult. Oh that's right, you weren't able to.
[/quote]
I'll tell you what, snibb, you point me to ODN's last big accomplishment, and then I'll start paying attention to your jabs.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1286766640' post='2481000']
UPN nations to be hit soon I bet. Watch their war screens.
[/quote]

That's a 120 hour cancellation period, please note. (I speak as a member of the General Assembly, not government, but I don't think you'll find a murmur of disagreement from any ODNer).

Congrats UPN, you've managed to make ODN look even [i]better[/i] than before. This may possibly even sway the most ardent believers of 'optional defense network'!

Thanks for doing our side such a service. It's much too kind of you.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1286766879' post='2481016']
I'll tell you what, snibb, you point me to ODN's last big accomplishment, and then I'll start paying attention to your jabs.
[/quote]

Well there is the fact that UPN is not currently being smashed apart.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1286767001' post='2481022']
That's a 120 hour cancellation period, please note. (I speak as a member of the General Assembly, not government, but I don't think you'll find a murmur of disagreement from any ODNer).
[/quote]

:v: You sure?

[quote name='Proximus' timestamp='1286764661' post='2480896']
Can we waive the cancellation period?
[/quote]

I don't blame him either.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1286767101' post='2481030']
:v: You sure?

I don't blame him either.
[/quote]

The point being, unless and until the two parties agree to waive it (and Prox has no authority to do so), then ODN will stand by our treaty obligations.

At hour 121, things change.

<+HeroofTime55> Peggy, when you came to us, you never once mentioned you had previously agreed to pay GOONS off
* Peggy_Sue|UPN sets mode: +b
* HeroofTime55 was kicked by Peggy_Sue|UPN (Peggy_Sue|UPN)

This will never get old.

Edited by Voytek