United Purple Nations Announcement

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1286765451' post='2480951']
ODN puts their butts on the line for you guys to try and keep you from getting destroyed.

As repayment for this act, you cancel your treaty with them.

And you reasoning for this is so that you can avoid canceling treaties with allies that would never do the same thing ODN did for you guys in a million years.

I seriously think you guys are actively [i]trying[/i] to be WAE.
[/quote]
WAE part of the RoF?! HEAVENS NO! :v:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1286765535' post='2480954']
[b]*ALL IS WELL AT THE UPN FA DEPT*[/b]

"What is that, you say? ODN might be canceling our treaty?"

"OH NO! WE MUST NOT HAVE ANY MORE NEGATIVE PR! OUR ALLIANCE IS ALREADY TERRIBLE ENOUGH"

"ODN, it is truly a sad day, but without thinking, and without any real reason other than: 'we weren't 100% sure whether you'd be with us or not in our ridiculous coalition against the terrible and atrocious GOONS.' But yeah, it's a sad day but cancel."

[b]*MEANWHILE IN THE ODN FA LAND A FEW DAYS EARLIER*[/b]

"Wow, UPN is doing some really stupid !@#$."

"Yeah agreed, they are literally one of the worst alliance's ever."

"Want to cancel?"

"Well, let's give them a heads up and let them tell us what they were thinking. We stuck our heads out for them in the beginning, might as well at least give them a chance."

"Yeah, good idea, that's probably best."

[b]~UPN CANCELS TREATY~[/b]

*ODN*

"Welp, that saves that 48 hour vote.*

"XFD, yeah, thanks UPN"

[b][i]What really happened[/b][/i]

Congrats ODN

o/

Continue being a great alliance UPN :)
[/quote]

It's almost like you were really there.

Good luck UPN.

[quote]01[23:11] <Sardonic[GOONS]> You can leave the indignity at the door, you're lucky you have an ally as good as ODN.
01[23:11] <Sardonic[GOONS]> you don't deserve an ally as good as them.
[23:11] <Peggy_Sue|UPN> <removed> you'[/quote]

Looks like UPN agreed with Sardonic there after all.

ODN you have received the best 10/10/10 news ever. How does it feel to not have to save an alliance who, were they not a sad sad alliance, be able to take care of themselves.
Also
120 Hours till UPN is rolled by GOONS taking bets who how long it will take.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1286765551' post='2480955']
[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1286765327' post='2480940']
ODN tread lightly. UPN isn't around to save you anymore.
[/quote]

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/MAR-Peeves/applause_crowd.gif[/img]

I think it's safe to say two points, Drai.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/moddark/YEAH.gif[/IMG]

Also, XFD @ Kevanovia thinking UPN would get into CnG.

Edited by Epiphanus

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286764882' post='2480909']
ODN helped UPN avoid the beatdown of its life, which is doing better by UPN than perhaps any ally UPN has has ever done for it. Although I'm sure both parties are better off without this treaty. UPN does ODN a favor by sparing them the baww brigade coming out if they canceled on UPN themselves.

ODN doesn't have to worry about UPN pulling all of C&G in to fight GOONS anymore too, amirite?
[/quote]
So should VE have come defended Ninjas even though we cancelled because I helped route your spying problems out in 07? I agree too a certain extent dude, but just because ODN saved them before doesn't mean they need to tie themselves forever. ODN did an honorable thing, but you can't force something which doesn't deserve to be there anymore.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1286765942' post='2480971']
So should VE have come defended Ninjas even though we cancelled because I helped route your spying problems out in 07? I agree too a certain extent dude, but just because ODN saved them before doesn't mean they need to tie themselves forever. ODN did an honorable thing, but you can't force something which doesn't deserve to be there anymore.
[/quote]
Except ODN saved them [i]last week[/i].

[/quote]
The difference is time line and scope. ODN bailed UPN out of getting rolled, and paid the money they were owed. Literally days later UPN cancels the treaty.

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1286766043' post='2480974']
The difference is time line and scope. ODN bailed UPN out of getting rolled, and paid the money they were owed. Literally days later UPN cancels the treaty.
[/quote]
I appreciate the relaxing response. :) As far as I was concerned, UPN never agreed to ODN's deal in terms of doing it *right now*. I heard it was a cluster$%&@ of events from both sides.

Edited by Ejayrazz

[/quote]
Wait, do you honestly not see the difference between an act commited in 2007 and cancelling on an alliance that kept you from getting rolled [i]2 days ago?[/i]

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1286766043' post='2480974']
[/quote]

ODN made a choice to pay for them, If UPN went to them asking for help fair enough.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1286764837' post='2480907']
Too funny to watch an alliance cancel on the alliance who just saved them from utter destruction. Gratitude is a great thing. Good fraking riddance,
[/quote]

I would agree with you on any other occasion but ODN did the exact same thing before Karma.

That said, the past is the past and UPN you should be ashamed of yourselves.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1286766148' post='2480977']
Wait, do you honestly not see the difference between an act commited in 2007 and cancelling on an alliance that kept you from getting rolled [i]2 days ago?[/i]
[/quote]
My example was far out of line in terms of time. I'll admit that, however, no one should be pointing fingers saying the other is terrible. UPN feels one way, ODN feels another. UPN owes nothing in my opinion, in fact, it's that situation which lead to this.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1286765766' post='2480968']
Looks like UPN agreed with Sardonic there after all.
[/quote]

It looks like that should have looked like

[quote]
01[23:11] <Sardonic[GOONS]> You can leave the indignity at the door, you're lucky you have an ally as good as ODN.
01[23:11] <Sardonic[GOONS]> you don't deserve an ally as good as them.
[23:11] <Peggy_Sue|UPN> <removed> ODN'
[/quote]

Congrats ODN, you were too good for them anyway.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1286765424' post='2480949']
ODN pays to save you from destruction and this is how you repay them? No good deed goes unpunished, it seems.
[/quote]

The problem with OsRavan's actions is that he was acting in total contradiction to UPN's wishes. OsRavan undermined Peggy's authority and UPN's sovereignty by entering ex parte with GOONS and directly making a deal Peggy had rejected. That is not the act of an ally regardless of whether UPN's decision to reject GOONS offer was bad or not.

Alliances don't pay off their allies' enemies to go away behind their backs and get a high-five. OsRavan's behavior is really rather shocking to me.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1286766140' post='2480976']
I appreciate the relaxing response. :) As far as I was concerned, UPN never agreed to ODN's deal in terms of doing it *right now*. I heard it was a cluster$%&@ of events from both sides.
[/quote]
Regardless, this move only works out in ODN's favor. So I'm not upset at the slightest. It's just a giant dick move on the part of UPN. But then again, I didn't really expect anything more from them.